Become a Patron!

Help! I think I'm losing juice but I can't tell where it's going!

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently got a clone mini pt3 and rebuilt the dual coil successfully last night. I also use an ijoy variable voltage ego battery.
Ever since I rebuilt the coil, my tank has been emptying quite quickly. I don't think it should be leaking from the bottom because I stuffed thicker wick in the head than it came factory. I remove the battery every once in a while and wipe the center post of the pt3 with my pinky to see if there's liquid, and there is, but only a tiny bit, not even a drop.
I did a test overnight by removing the battery and standing the tank up on a table to see if there would be juice on the table in the morning, but there was nothing. It did seem to lose a little bit of juice in the tank though. I do know that my CE5 used to dump out a bunch of juice underneath it if I stood it up overnight, but that is only when I was using factory heads.

I have no idea where the juice is going, of if I'm even losing any. Perhaps my dual coil build just burns through juice much more quickly? Or does juice evaporate overnight? Or does the juice only leak when I drag on the clearo and it ends up inside the battery?

If any of you have experience with leaking protanks, your advice would help. Thanks.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your wick is probably just getting saturated and sucking it up...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I think between the wick and vaping your just running through more juice than you did before.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What they said:D

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To the wick saturating: this is a bottom coil, so the wick should be as wet as it can get most of the time already, especially when it's sitting for a few minutes. I'm not so sure about it sucking up that much juice.

And to the dual coil build using more juice than I'm used to: remember I have a cheap ego battery that is only 4.2 volts at max. Plus my dual coil build doesn't have a noticable vapor production difference than my singles.

Thanks for the comments from both of you though. I just need more elaboration on those ideas to consider if that's what's going on.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If enough leaked into the battery to see a loss of e-liquid, your battery would no longer work . Dual coils use more e-liquid than singles. You are using a different wicking material than stock, so more is being absorbed. Little chance enough is evaporating to see a drop in fluid. That's pretty much all the possibilities...

Caducity

Member For 4 Years
What resistance did you rebuild too? If you vape at a lesser resistance, you'll increase the amps through the coil and use more juice.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with the post above.
more coils/cotton=more juice consumption.
just because you're using more juice doesn't mean that you're going to get more vapor.
there is always a trade off between vapor volume and flavor.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with the post above.
more coils/cotton=more juice consumption.
just because you're using more juice doesn't mean that you're going to get more vapor.
there is always a trade off between vapor volume and flavor.

I am pursuing flavor more than cloud volume. Are you saying that more vapor = less flavor? I thought it was more flavor.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
*denser* vapor = more flavor.
not necessarily more vapor.

although more does help as well.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
*denser* vapor = more flavor.
not necessarily more vapor.

although more does help as well.
I see. Could you please elaborate on what dense vapor is and how to acheive that? Is that when you can't see through the clouds?

VU Sponsors