Become a Patron!

Help in choosing new tank for very sweet, max VG

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please, I'm looking for a new tank that will last me quite sometime in between changes of coils.
I'm tending to like liquids that are very sweet, creamy and very high, if not max, VG.
Right now I have a Uwell Crown, Steam Crave Aromamizer, 4 subtank minis, Zephyrus, Zephyrus V2, TFV4, Hatrick, ijust 2, Goblin Mini and Goliath II, just to name a few that I still use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crown is the only one you mention that I've used aside from the Subtank - the latter is okay for max-VG, the former works great - I'm vaping a 6/94 liquid right now with no issue...but so far as coils go, if you insist on liquids with a ton of artificial sweetener, you have to accept the fact you'll gunk your wicks up quickly - that's not an issue that some magic tank can solve, but one you might be able to address by learning to build your own coils...

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not the Aromamizer, for sure. Something about that chamber funks up my coils quick. If you like building, I'd suggest a Griffin. It handles anything I throw at it and the wicking is easy and efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please, I'm looking for a new tank that will last me quite sometime in between changes of coils.
I'm tending to like liquids that are very sweet, creamy and very high, if not max, VG.
Right now I have a Uwell Crown, Steam Crave Aromamizer, 4 subtank minis, Zephyrus, Zephyrus V2, TFV4, Hatrick, ijust 2, Goblin Mini and Goliath II, just to name a few that I still use.

With a very sweet juice it will clog the coils faster than with sat 50/50PG/VG
The max Vg is easy I own the Zephphyrus2 and the Goliath2 both will handle max VG
As you know max Vg will mute the flavor somewhat

right now Im running pure Vg through my Goliath v2 as a way to just cure vapors tongue

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
iJust 2 tanks (just the size...) with Vaporesso 0.9 cCELL coils -- I know, 0.9 ohms, but it's like a freaking faucet of flavor. Finally just started getting a burnt flavor yesterday on one of them after -- I dunno... A few weeks I guess. Element's "Crema" (v80/p20, super sweet & creamy), Sicboy's "MBYC" and such. Flavor is -- pure (for lack of a better term). No cotton contact = no roasted cotton.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What devices/mods are you using with these tanks?

Im a new to these tanks only have the TFV4 so far.
I like it the flavor is good. Just don't care for the top fill.
Tends to open in my pocket.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am happy with Herakles tanks and use only MAX VG liquids most of which are sweet. They are leak-proof and coils last a couple of weeks or more. Every time I'm tempted by a different type or style, I buy another Herk. Oh, yeah, taste. Flavor out the wazoo if that's of interest.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Im a new to these tanks only have the TFV4 so far.
I like it the flavor is good. Just don't care for the top fill.
Tends to open in my pocket.
Yeah, that's a con for the TFV4, but that's why you get those silicone rings with it. I use the ring only when I'm out and about. I had it open on me once. I was lucky, I haven't had the juice all over me.
Not the Aromamizer, for sure. Something about that chamber funks up my coils quick. If you like building, I'd suggest a Griffin. It handles anything I throw at it and the wicking is easy and efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto, on the Griffin.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What devices/mods are you using with these tanks?
Oh, anything from subox mini, Cloupor mini+, IPV D2, eVic VT, IPV 3Li, X CUBE II, both Wismec Reuleaux, SnowWolf 200 watt, KBOX200, VT200 up to Athena Hero 240 watts, for regulated devices. Probably not intend to use unregulated devices for tanks.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, centella4u! Nice to see ya. I agree that mechs are not a good choice for tanks as the user never gets the same wattage twice. I like control and regulated delivers it.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, what would be best, between Cleito, Rafale, Smowell Hatrick or Griffin?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow ... I'm without knowledge on most of those. While I found the Cleito tempting, I am so happy with the leak-proof, taste-worthy performance of the Herakles, I keep buying more of 'em. The wife gifted me a TFV4 but I need to staunch the flood to know how it performs (solution on the way.

While there may be more RTAs on your list, the only other one with which I have even a passing familiarity is the Griffin. Wildly popular and a buddy of mine assures me it's a top performer. As I lack the visual acuity and manual dexterity to build coils (although i hope that will soon change), I have no personal knowledge.

I'm certain that was of no help whatsoever, but again, nice to see you!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's another vote for the Griffin!

VU Sponsors