Become a Patron!

help! itaste mvp 3 issues

rx7ven

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi,

i got my itaste mvp 3.0 for a little over a month and recently the mod will just shut off even when full battery. the only way to turn it back on is to plug in the micro usb charger and take it back out. its not a bad battery because after i unplug the charger, it still shows full battery and it will vape just fine. then later it will shut off again and i'll have to plug in the charger again. has anyone experienced this issue? is there some kind of voltage protection thing? i'm not excessively vaping it, just few hits here and there. i also tried it with both the aspire atlantis and the kanger subtank. same issue. it will just randomly shut off and wont turn back on.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like your getting a short, that is what the MVP3 does when you get a short.

I have a MVP3, and did a build on my subtank RBA, and was doing the same thing, 1st time it happened, thought the MVP3 was dead, but turned out one of my wires was touching the chimney, not saying that is your problems, but sounds like yours is cutting off as a safety feature.

rx7ven

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's possible. So how do i fix it? My friend has the same problem too. I also noticed it reads the ohns wrong sometimes too

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dropped mine off my bed to hardwood and it totally crapped out. Just won't fire. They look like tanks but I'm not too impressed with them. Bought a 2nd from Holland for $40.

swolber79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FYI I GOT IN CONTACT WITH INNKOIN THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID.

Thank you for contacting Innokin.

The iTaste MVP3.0 has an integrated safety mechanism which shuts off the device and requires power to reboot. This safety feature has been integrated to protect against damage to the PCB caused by coil short-circuits, battery over-discharge and damaged atomizers/tanks with decreased resistance ,if you iTaste MVP3.0 unresponsive, connect a powered micro-USB charging cable and the device will reboot....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rx7ven

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yea, i can fix it by plugging in the charger but i want to prevent the issue from shutting down. i did some googling and found other people with the same issue but no one seem to have a definitive fix.

I have an mvp3 and the first version of the Atlantis tank. I had a similar issue with it reading the 0.5 ohm coil at 1.0-2.5ohms randomly and shutting off until I plugged it back in to a usb charger. The good and bad thing about the aspire Atlantis tank is that it requires little maintenance. What worked for me is that I did not notice the little bit of debris that collected on the contact of the Atlantis tank at the bottom. Make sure it is totally free of anything and that might help it return to normal. Since I did that it doesn't short out or show super high ohms on the mvp3 screen

I have exactly the same issue with my mvp3 after dropping it at work onto gravel. I've noticed that since said incident, both my Atlantis V1 or Omega RDA slightly wobble even when they're as tight as they should be which (I presume) must be the 510 connector coming loose inside the casing, on both of these atomizers it will show a wrong resistance and shut down if I fire it like that. I have had the top part of my mvp off to inspect the connector (completely forgetting to check if it was loose) and as it turns out the soldered joints to the wires going onto the connector do look a little rushed, my thoughts are that the issue may be down to a slight sudden shock or excessive movement of the connector breaking these connections so less wire is touching inside the mod. The only way to work it out is to have it apart and re-solder the joints to see if that makes any difference.

I've been having issues with mine too! I notice that when I inhale, it taste burnt. I though my coil was going out but after I replaced it, it still tasted burnt. I'm not sure if it has to do with my sub tank or the MVP. What should I do?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Sounds like you need to disassemble it and see if there is a loose contact wire somewhere, or maybe a spot where the board can vibrate and make contact with something like the frame of the mod. If you can isolate the spot where it is shorting out, then you can probably insulate it and keep it from happening again.

Good Luck!

VU Sponsors