Become a Patron!

HELP lots of vapor from rda, NO flavor

vapingfl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all new here

So i got a new setup today hannya rda and nugget v2.
I have a single twisted 28 gauge coil coming out to exactly .5 ohms. 2.00 mm in diameter, and 6 wraps.

Just got new liquid also, not vapors tongue.
I'm getting a lot of vapor, absolutely NO flavor.
i've up'd and down'd the wattage, and closed and open the airflow almost completely.

HELP

vapingfl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep, hang on let me get a pic and figure out how to upload it on here.

vapingfl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here it is. I've also been out of building for a while, but previously never had this problem.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    637.6 KB · Views: 36
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    703.4 KB · Views: 35

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I have not been building very long so i probably shouldn't be giving advice but maybe try less cotton?

vapingfl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just tried that, now it's drying out really quickly flavor was enhanced slightly.

vapingfl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just realized this rda has a spitback guard, probably what is somehow blocking the flavor. Will try to drill it out tomorrow without cracking.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey keep the cotton JUST AS THICK AS IN PIC BUT** CUT THE TAILS JUST SO THEY ARE BARELY TOUCHING THE BOTTOM and move em to the side so NO cotton is under the coil.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And center the coil ..level it out .. and make sure the air slots are ON the coil :) should fix problems

vapingfl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much, will let you know if this worked (probably will)

vapingfl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It worked, so well. Thank you so much now it's chuckin vapor and flavor at a nice .4 ohms and 45 watts:stars:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have to go dual coil on this RDA... there's just too much space left behind on the deck...
What is the flavor profile of the jooze?
Pg/VG?

Watch this

vapingfl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah i went full retard and stripped a grub screw on one of the positive holes, so i'm forced to run a single coil until i pick up some rubber bands and put a replacement screw in. The wicking wylde_77 recommended helped a lot.
One is riptide by clancy vapor and is 70 vg 30 pg. 3 mg. it's a butter cream with a hint of blood orange and raspberry, sounds weird but it's tasty. the other is some boilermaker flavor and its 50/50, it's a chocolate caramel merlot flavor, 6 mg.

I did watch that video and another from vapin bogan.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Also.. generally speaking.. smaller mouth bit and shorter tank will give better flavor. taller tanks with more space and larger bore mouth bit give better clouds. Clapton coils are good for flavor as well. The more juice you can trap in your coil, the better your flavor.

VU Sponsors