Become a Patron!

Help making simple strawberry cream recipe

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your link doesn't open, but, for a good simple strawberry cream I suggest INW Shisha strawberry and try something like this.
Shisha Strawberry(INW) 1.5-2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 2%
Vanilla Classic(FA or INW) .5%
Give it at least 3 days to steep. Will really come alive after 1 week. I hope that helps.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's odd, it works for me. Here are my flavors.
8050626a23ce6b7db0912704be24b214.jpg
3a49c508e7a3f172d1a6275732292215.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The link was sending me to a long in page. Anyway, try,,,
Red touch strawberry(FA) 2%
Vienna Cream(FA) 1.5-2%

OR
Strawberry(FA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Vienna Cream(FA) 1%
To make it interesting, try adding .25% Cookie(FA)(error on the low side)
If you ever decide to try INW Shisha Strawberry, you'll never look back.;)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks a lot! I'll try that and let it steep a few days before I touch it. (Hard to do right now lol)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Check the link below in my sig, for my blog page; the first one is strawberry & cream. I also use Shisha Strawberry, but I use a LOT more, so you don't have to steep it, and even those whose tastebuds are still sleeping can actually taste it, not just smell it.

Andria

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been meaning to write and tell you, Andria D, just how nice your strawberry&cream is. Thanks for posting it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been meaning to write and tell you, Andria D, just how nice your strawberry&cream is. Thanks for posting it.

I've been vaping it for over 2 yrs, just because I haven't found anything better. :) Gradually working that 31% down to a saner level of flavoring, for those whose tastebuds are finally starting to wakeup... now down to about 25.5%.

Folks probably don't realize it, but commercial juice is NOT 5%-10% flavoring... it's almost all 25%-30% flavoring. That's what makes it good! And probably why some folks find it over-flavored, but when you start DIY after using commercial juice for awhile, and you try to skimp out on the flavoring... it's not going to be very tasty. 20% flavoring is really a minimum, for good-tasting juice.

Andria

c flakes

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Check the link below in my sig, for my blog page; the first one is strawberry & cream. I also use Shisha Strawberry, but I use a LOT more, so you don't have to steep it, and even those whose tastebuds are still sleeping can actually taste it, not just smell it.

Andria

I'm vaping your strawberry right now.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Assuming you don't yet have any Shisha Strawberry, :eek: ... if you have more than 1 type of strawberry, use some of each in the recipe.
Using two type can help to bring out the flavor

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is the only one I've tried with ice cream. It was vapeable but nothing mind blowing
a2612adc95384becd514bb5d16f9f392.jpg

submoa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Give it a try, almost shake & vape. It's better after one week.

Cheesecake Graham Crust (TPA) 1.5%
Marshmallow (FA) 1%
Meringue (FA) 1%
Red Touch (Strawberry) (FA) 2%
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 3%
Vanilla Custard V2 (CAP) 1%

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is the only one I've tried with ice cream. It was vapeable but nothing mind blowing

Don't know how strong the LB Strawberry, (or Purilum) is, but 10% may be too high...

I'd try mixing 3% Strawberry Ripe (Purilum) + 3% LB Strawberry (raise them up if not strong enough or add some of the other Strawberry flavors)
5-6% LB Vanilla Ice Cream (drip taste and smell is quite a bit like TFA/CAP VBIC IMO, still need to try it tho).
0.5-1% FA Cookie
1% FA Marshmallow
1% FA Meringue
1-2% LB Cream

Not sure, but the LB flavors might need a week to improve...

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For a 30 ml bottle. I add 12 drops of FLV Strawberry Smash and 12 drops of FLV Sweet Cream. Closest I've come to Strawberry Quick. The Sweet Cream tastes more like a sweetened milk to me. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm intrigued and want to try this, but I'm scared :D

Why scared? If the extreme flavoring of the original scares you, use the "latest" version; it's only 26% flavoring, pretty much like anything you'd buy from a store or online vendor.

I put both versions in the blog post, because the original is great for those like me, whose tastebuds were *severely* compromised by decades of smoking -- until I made that 31% flavoring ejuice, I didn't taste ejuice at all; it was just a nice scent. with that much flavoring, finally I could taste it. And it took nearly 2 years of non-smoking before I was able to start reducing it.

Andria

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why scared?

I guess because it's so much more flavoring than I'm used to. I've been vaping for 2 years this March and only vaped a very limited amount of store bought juice for a little over a month before I got into DIY. What makes me want to give it a shot is because with the exception of 5 or 6 recipes, many times I just feel like there isn't enough flavor or the flavor doesn't last long before it tastes muted. All of this time I've been following the general rule of using smaller %'s. I think I will try a small batch of your latest version of the Strawberry and Cream just to kill my curiosity. I may love it :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess because it's so much more flavoring than I'm used to. I've been vaping for 2 years this March and only vaped a very limited amount of store bought juice for a little over a month before I got into DIY. What makes me want to give it a shot is because with the exception of 5 or 6 recipes, many times I just feel like there isn't enough flavor or the flavor doesn't last long before it tastes muted. All of this time I've been following the general rule of using smaller %'s. I think I will try a small batch of your latest version of the Strawberry and Cream just to kill my curiosity. I may love it :)

The great thing about DIY is there really ARE no rules. You make what pleases you; if others think it's weird, their problem. :) I used 2.5% sweetener during that nearly-2-yrs, because it was the only way I could taste the sweet, but that was the first part I reduced, till now it's like .35-.4%.

And I don't give a rat's ass about the high-VG fad; I use 86% PG. Because I'd like to keep breathing! And it's really NOT necessary to exhale what looks like whipped cream, just to stay off coffin nails.

Andria

Leelee1269

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Andria
WOW....strawberry & cream looks GOOOOD but can you please tell me why so much PG than VG?????????????

Leelee1269

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And I don't give a rat's ass about the high-VG fad; I use 86% PG. Because I'd like to keep breathing! And it's really NOT necessary to exhale what looks like whipped cream, just to stay off coffin nails.
Never mind I see now!!!!!!!! lol lol lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WOW....strawberry & cream looks GOOOOD but can you please tell me why so much PG than VG?????????????

I can't breathe with more than 15% VG, but the PG/VG isn't part of the recipe; that's up to each individual, what suits them best, just like the brand of nicotine they use (they're all pretty much the same IMO but some disagree).

And even in the recipe, it's still up to the individual, especially things like sweetener -- when first switching to vaping, a lot of folks like a lot of sweetener, as I did, but many can't stand any artificial sweetener at all, except maybe Stevia, or some like EM (ethyl maltol, or "Cotton Candy"). The flavors in that strawberry & cream recipe are pretty sweet in their own right, as I've found since my tastebuds starting waking up, which is why I've been able to drop the sweetener so drastically.

But the entire point of DIY, aside from the money-savings, is individuality -- make it to please YOURSELF. A recipe is just a guideline. Most people use shisha strawberry at 2%-4%... which I can't even taste. :)

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I made this recipe and I don't taste any strawberry at all. Do I need more or did I put too much in? I heard doing that can dilute the flavor. I let it steep for 2 days.
8947591704ee4377117cb955cd3e53b4.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I made this recipe and I don't taste any strawberry at all. Do I need more or did I put too much in? I heard doing that can dilute the flavor. I let it steep for 2 days.

When not using shisha strawberry, if you don't taste any strawberry... GET SOME SHISHA STRAWBERRY! To me, it's the ONLY strawberry flavoring that actually TASTES like strawberry, instead of just smelling like strawberry air freshener.

Plus...you're only using 7% flavoring. I'd be surprised if you can taste anythjing other than the PG/VG. And, it's primarily VG, so you probably need to steep it not 2 days, but 2 weeks, at a minimum, shaking it thoroughly every single day.

Andria

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I made this recipe and I don't taste any strawberry at all.

In your recipe notes it says..."Nice strawberry flavor with a milky exhale."

What did you do to this juice during the past 2 days to not "taste any strawberry at all" ??

Ron
---
"If I had the knack I'd sing like Cherry flakes falling"- Matsuo Basho

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Someone else wrote that. I just adapted it and saved as private

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When not using shisha strawberry, if you don't taste any strawberry... GET SOME SHISHA STRAWBERRY! To me, it's the ONLY strawberry flavoring that actually TASTES like strawberry, instead of just smelling like strawberry air freshener.

Plus...you're only using 7% flavoring. I'd be surprised if you can taste anythjing other than the PG/VG. And, it's primarily VG, so you probably need to steep it not 2 days, but 2 weeks, at a minimum, shaking it thoroughly every single day.

Andria

I'll try and get some. I just don't have the money right now. I'm also out of any good eliquid so I had to vape it after two days lol

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll try and get some. I just don't have the money right now. I'm also out of any good eliquid so I had to vape it after two days lol

You should try mixing some of your Strawberries together.
Although INW Shisha SB would still be on my "must buy" list.
(I'm only using at 2% BTW)

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep hearing about INW shisha strawberry, think it's time I tried it myself.
Will probably mix it with some TFA ripe.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

No need to mix it with any other strawberry -- it's the MOST authentic strawberry flavor you can find, very strong and sweet. (ETA: mixing it with TFA ripe would just dilute the potency of the shisha strawberry, making it quite inferior)

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

The TFA Strawberry Ripe will probably just make it a bit sweeter IMO.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The TFA Strawberry Ripe will probably just make it a bit sweeter IMO.

I was thinking it would just make it weaker, since the TFA strawberry ripe has literally zero taste, just a nice scent. It's like strawberry air freshener.

Andria

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Someone else wrote that. I just adapted it and saved as private

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

While FA Strawberry is often considered on the "Faint side" of the ones us DIY'ers have available for our use, at 5% some strawberry flavor should certainly be discernible. It has been for me.

Without additional information, I could only guess why you cannot taste this flavor at all.

Ron
---
"Nothing happens without a reason."- Marilyn Monroe

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was thinking it would just make it weaker, since the TFA strawberry ripe has literally zero taste, just a nice scent. It's like strawberry air freshener.

Andria

I've used it as a sweetener in a recipe at 4-5% and had only a hint of Strawberry taste.
This was without any other Strawberry flavors either, although I think that recipe was designed that way.
But I don't even bother using it anymore, lol.
I've found the Shisha SB seems to hold its own even when I swamp it with other flavors:).
There's a few that didn't like it, but I suspect overall the majority does...
As any recipe I see, and want to try out, I just replace whatever Strawberry with the Shisha anyway:D.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've used it as a sweetener in a recipe at 4-5% and had only a hint of Strawberry taste.
This was without any other Strawberry flavors either, although I think that recipe was designed that way.
But I don't even bother using it anymore, lol.
I've found the Shisha SB seems to hold its own even when I swamp it with other flavors:).
There's a few that didn't like it, but I suspect overall the majority does...
As any recipe I see, and want to try out, I just replace whatever Strawberry with the Shisha anyway:D.

When I tried it, I mixed it with CAP Sweet Strawberry, and couldn't taste strawberry at all. But it smelled real good. :D

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I tried it, I mixed it with CAP Sweet Strawberry, and couldn't taste strawberry at all. But it smelled real good. :D

Andria

The CAP Sweet Strawberry didn't really do much for me either, but was better when combined with SB Ripe.
I went up to 5% of each mixed, then I could taste it.
I suspect the difference between some, is like I only need to use 2% Shisha SB to be good, and some others need to go higher;).

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should try mixing some of your Strawberries together.
Although INW Shisha SB would still be on my "must buy" list.
(I'm only using at 2% BTW)
INW Shisha SB,,, you'll never look back. I don't even bother with my other strawberries anymore. Like Heabob says, 2%.

Leelee1269

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Andria
I made the latest one and I can't taste anything.... maybe I need to make the 1st or let it step!!!!!!! Or make 1 that's 20%!!!!!! Lol

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made the latest one and I can't taste anything.... maybe I need to make the 1st or let it step!!!!!!! Or make 1 that's 20%!!!!!! Lol
4 Words..... SHISHA STRAWBERRY!!!!(4 out of 3 people have problems with math) You will taste it to the bottom of the tank.

Leelee1269

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did the ingredients and the remainder of the bottle with VG!!!!!!

VU Sponsors