Become a Patron!

Help making the coils that come with the recurve RDA

Spambunny

Member For 1 Year
I usually just make standard kenthal coils but the premades with this atty are making tonnes of flavour and i want to make my own this is all the info i could find dont know if somone can understand this.

Compwire coil specs:
0.24 ± 0.05 Ω
0.3*4+0.08 nichrome
5 wraps – 3.0 ±0.1mm I.D.

Thanks guys

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
0.24 ± 0.05 Ω = just the resistance of the coil +\- 0.05ohms either way

0.3*4+0.08 nichrome = this is the actual spec. If you have a pic of the coil to hand it’ll be easier to decipher - assuming it’s some sort of flatwire coil

5 wraps – 3.0 ±0.1mm I.D. = how many wraps and the inner diameter of the coil +\- 0.1mm, or an easier way is wrapped around a 3mm bit

Spambunny

Member For 1 Year

0.3*4+0.08 nichrome = this is the actual spec. If you have a pic of the coil to hand it’ll be easier to decipher - assuming it’s some sort of flatwire coil

5 wraps – 3.0 ±0.1mm I.D. = how many wraps and the inner diameter of the coil +\- 0.1mm, or an easier way is wrapped around a 3mm bit
Thanks for the help Kingpin, ive a pic but my phone wont let me upload it ill keep trying

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks for the help Kingpin, ive a pic but my phone wont let me upload it ill keep trying

Try cropping it a bit if you have the option to edit

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

https://www.firemountaingems.com/resources/encyclobeadia/charts/6404

Going by that it looks to be 4 28GA cores. Trying find the outer wrap size... maybe 40GA?

Spambunny

Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys for looking into it, really nice of you. The wire is ordered will get it spun as soon as it arrives!! I tried claptons before both premade and made my own but they were kenthal and i didnt think the flavour was any better than a low ohm basic coil and the ramp up time wasnt great but these one from the recurve are nice and ramp up very quickly can wait to have a go at making my own much more satisfying for me than buying them.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys for looking into it, really nice of you. The wire is ordered will get it spun as soon as it arrives!! I tried claptons before both premade and made my own but they were kenthal and i didnt think the flavour was any better than a low ohm basic coil and the ramp up time wasnt great but these one from the recurve are nice and ramp up very quickly can wait to have a go at making my own much more satisfying for me than buying them.
Yeah, it's definitely better making them for yourself. If you can post pics when you get your build finished. :cheers:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Good luck with it bunny ...if you have probs with fusing with the higher gauge ...know that you won’t be the first or last...I hate using above 38g haha

- be sure to drop in and keep us posted as your progress :cheers:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Will do gents. hopefully my sausage fingers will be ok with 40guage :oops: Thanks again :bunny: bunny out

Had a chance yet? Sorry if I'm being impatient lol

Wotofo does include some great coils with their atomizers nowadays, I like that about them.

Just want to throw in that I love using a tiny keyring to keep all the inside wires flat when I make fused stuff, 60% of the time, it works every time (just kidding it works 100% of the time)

And that with higher gauges, it's important to keep the cores spinning smoothly without any wobble

Spambunny

Member For 1 Year
Had a chance yet? Sorry if I'm being impatient lol

Wotofo does include some great coils with their atomizers nowadays, I like that about them.

Just want to throw in that I love using a tiny keyring to keep all the inside wires flat when I make fused stuff, 60% of the time, it works every time (just kidding it works 100% of the time)

And that with higher gauges, it's important to keep the cores spinning smoothly without any wobble
Well in answer to your question i did try for quite a while to keep the wires flat.....but....ended up with fused claptons still had 4 cores and still had great ramp up time and flavour but definitly not as cool looking as wotofo...will have another go today.
06d1cf897deb86b3a74c0ff814388ccc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tl;dr but the coils that come with the recurve rda are 4*28 / 40g fused claptons

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spambunny

Member For 1 Year
tl;dr but the coils that come with the recurve rda are 4*28 / 40g fused claptons

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks man ive now had a few attempts at making them ive got good at making normal N80 fused with those guages unfortunately not mastered keeping them flat.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks man ive now had a few attempts at making them ive got good at making normal N80 fused with those guages unfortunately not mastered keeping them flat.

I use a drawstring clasp. It doesn't wobble as much as a keyring and I just find keyrings fuck me up. They bend wire very easily if your not careful. 4 core anything is going to be hard period, especially if your just now getting fused Claptons using 40g down.

Try going from that to a staple, then to a framed staple. 4 cores of round wire is imo a pretty hard coil to master unless you found a way that works for you to keep shit flat.

And also, might as well give Aliens a try. 3 core aliens with 36 imo is much easier than 4 cores regular fused with 40. Actually, I find aliens much easier once you have your Strech method down than doing perfect 4x28 40g... For some reason the alien wrap keeps your core wires flat better than regular fuse. It's because of tension.

Have a great day dude. I hope you find your way. Fused Claptons are still a stellar vape.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Spambunny

Member For 1 Year
I use a drawstring clasp. It doesn't wobble as much as a keyring and I just find keyrings fuck me up. They bend wire very easily if your not careful. 4 core anything is going to be hard period, especially if your just now getting fused Claptons using 40g down.

Try going from that to a staple, then to a framed staple. 4 cores of round wire is imo a pretty hard coil to master unless you found a way that works for you to keep shit flat.

And also, might as well give Aliens a try. 3 core aliens with 36 imo is much easier than 4 cores regular fused with 40. Actually, I find aliens much easier once you have your Strech method down than doing perfect 4x28 40g... For some reason the alien wrap keeps your core wires flat better than regular fuse. It's because of tension.

Have a great day dude. I hope you find your way. Fused Claptons are still a stellar vape.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice man. You have a great day too

VU Sponsors