Become a Patron!

help me build a coil for sxmini

misterJ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my batteries arrived today I did a half charge on one of them (inpatient I know).
So I have a tugboat which I've been using on my dna30 box.
I put it on the sxmini m, and while I got a ton of vapor, it seems too hot!

I'm using a single coil, 6 wraps of 24 ga, wrapped around a screwdriver. Sorry I don't have any drill bits or anything to really gauge the diameter.
Right now it is at 30 watt, 4.31 volt, 0.62 ohm, there's another volt which moves from 3.75 to 3.74. Also it says 002831.4 J, which I'm sure is joules, i dont even know what that is yet.
I will say this sxmini has a learning curve for sure, my solara dna30 is basically up down for watts and a fire button, sort of primitive compared to this!

So could anyone point me in the right direction?

Also I planned another tugboat, the v2.

CloudySkies

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like dry hit hot? Or like the vapor is just hot? Or the sxmini is hot? Were you running your DNA at 30w? Maybe the DNA wasn't giving you a true 30w because it was at the upper end of its ability or maybe the contacts weren't clean and you were losing some power where you aren't with the new sxmini? I've never owned either but that's my .02

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is this a Ni coil? The SX mini won't show joules unless you're in TC mode!

misterJ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a new dripper for sxmini at a vape shop, builder was a huge douche so I only had a quick kanthal coil built.

I know nothing about nickel or titanium builds.

I just learned I should get a voltage reader thing.

misterJ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, i got the hang of it now. Also have extra batteries so I'm always good to go.

Wish they made it easier to swap batteries though, I like the magnetic ones I see on other boxes.

Since then I got a different rda, a rhino.

So far so good at 0.52 ohms. Kind of want a 0.2 build, but dunno how I'd achieve that.

VU Sponsors