Become a Patron!

Help me decide what to get

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm ready to move on from my smok procolor. I've spent the last day trying to decide what I should get but there are just so many mods out there. I haven't been vaping very long so I'm still not familiar with what brands are quality and which aren't, so I was hoping I could get some help from the community deciding what kind of mod I should get.

I really like the idea of a 3 battery mod, but 2 is still fine. I want to be able to run .08 coils in vw mode, but I am willing to budge on that if I like everything else about it. The mod must be a regulated device.

I would like to keep the price under $200 if possible. I could spend more, but I don't want to doll out a bunch of money just to have an exclusive brand or something. Functionality is pretty much all I care about.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
didn't the procolor just come out? are you bored or is it just no good?
The battery door keeps ripping the wrappers off my battery is my biggest complaint. It is also pretty buggy as far as detecting new atomizers. In all honesty I could keep using it and probably be pretty happy with it, but I've been hearing lots of people trash on smok products and I would like to get something a little better to compare. I am also kind of regretting the bright green color.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Smoant Battlestar or Charon, both dual, If it were me and I wanted a three batt mod I'd spring for the Lost Vape Triade DNA 250. I have a Therion 133 that is still my favorite mod after a years use. Hoping to pick up a Therion 166 before the year is out.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why do you guys keep saying battlestar? It looks pretty basic to me, am I missing something?

The Lost Vape Triade 250 looks pretty sweet. I really like the sound of that DNA 250 chipset.

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what you mean by basic. It's an excellent 2 battery mod that also does a good job of TC. I'm not sure what other features you are looking for.

It's a proven well built mod. If you search the forum you will be hard pressed to find complaints about it.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not really looking for other features, but that one doesn't seem to have any. I just see a box with a tiny little screen with a price tag less than some of my tanks, and I think basic.

I also have a Geek Vape Aegis that I use when I'm at work. At first it was a pos. Then I did a firmware update and it really improved. It still has alot of room to improve though. It sounds like with this battlestar I wouldn't have to worry about that kind of stuff though. Does it have a pre-heater control?

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Battlestar is a workhorse. You didn't ask for additional features. It's not a Swiss Army Knife.
Lol, that's one way to put it. In all seriousness though in my op I did mention 2 features that it doesn't include, triple battery as well as the ability to run .08, which it has neither of.

My intention of this thread wasn't to put the battlestar on trial anyway. I was hoping to get some suggestions for quality mods. I'm probably going to go with the Lost Vape Triad, but at less than $50 I'll probably grab the battlestar as well.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol, that's one way to put it. In all seriousness though in my op I did mention 2 features that it doesn't include, triple battery as well as the ability to run .08, which it has neither of.

I really like the idea of a 3 battery mod, but 2 is still fine. I want to be able to run .08 coils in vw mode, but I am willing to budge on that if I like everything else about it. The mod must be a regulated device.

Just sayin'

VU Sponsors