Become a Patron!

Help me do this right folks!

uniman4

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Going to get me a new setup, been researching and researching, haven't pulled the trigger yet. Let me first give you a little background and a bit about what I am looking for.

Started vaping a while back, got a couple cheap Ecig pens, they haven't been bad, I still use them.

Was looking for something a bit better, so into the vape shop I went and was convinced to by the EGO AIO from joyetech.

I haven't really liked it. For some reason, the hits just seem HARSH on it. I know that varies a bit on juice, and the power is good, but like i said, gives me harsh hits it seems. ANYWAYS, that is neither here nor there.

I HAVE DECIDED TO DO THIS RIGHT! I was to get a quality box with a good tank to improve my vaping experience and to give me better flavor. I AM MORE OF A DIRECT LUNG guy, so have been looking at more sub ohm equipment.

I do have a budget, I don't really want to spend TOO much on my box. I have set a budget of no more than $100 for everything.

So help me, what should I be looking at? I know I am the guy that wants to do it right the first time. I have been looking at the Sigelei Fuchai box, then with the SMOK TF4, Harakles, or the Uwell crown tank.

So, am I doing this the right way? Like i said, I am a guy who when I want to do something, I want to do it the right way.

Anything I need to know or steer clear of here? Do i have a good gameplan?

Thanks, any thoughts are appreciated before I pull the trigger and start buying this stuff!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well if your not looking to build coils and just use prebuilt coils. The Crown is simple,easy,has great flavor and has a good range of coils available. It gas an rba deck and some people like it and others dont.
The TFV4 has many more options and multiple RBA decks to build you own coils But the coils I believe are pricier then crown. BUt the TFV4 has a strong following, but figuring out which of the 8 million different coil configurations you like might be expensive

Never owned a Sigelei product. Most people believe they are built well and last and most people love them, but there have been issues with the new SIG 213 I believe it is. SO do some looking for reviews here on the Fuchai Box first.

Other mods in same price range with similair features include but are not limited to:
IPV 5
IPV 3li
Vapresso Tarot 200
cuboid 150 - ALOT of folks like this one
rx200 - ALOT of folks like this

if you decide to make your own coils thats a no brainer for a simple RTA to start on
get a griffin 22 or 25

Other tanks to consider are hmmmmm
No clue...i have the crown a maganus and kanger subtanks Then I got RTAS and havent thought about buying anything like a crown since. The crown is easy and simple and more cost effective then a TFV4 IMHO but both are two of if not the top 2 tanks available

Whatever you do.. Search this forum for the one you think you want and find out different folks opinions

GL

uniman4

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am NOT looking to build my own coils or anything. Basically, I want a kick ass setup that I don't have to mess with too much afterwards, other than replacing the coils every once in a while. Will probably buy extra of those when i purchase a tank.

Definitely gonna look at the cuboid and rx200 tho!

uniman4

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Btw, how should i go about things if i DON'T want to get into a complex tank system where I have to be messing around all the time?

Definitely looking for more of a "plug and play" method. If i have to buy some extra whatevers, I am more than happy to do that.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the crown is plug and play as you say
change your coil every 2-3 weeks thats it

Theres a massive thread here somewhere about it

I think its called SUBTANK WARS
go to about page 40 or so and the discusssion of the crown starts around there

You have to break new coils in
but that takes a couple mins

and by break in I MEAN
Basically start your watts lower
take some draws
ramp up the wattage over 10-25 minutes and then BOOM its fine for 2-3 weeks depending on how heavy you use it
id get about 150-250mls on one coil

uniman4

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, thanks you guys. This is EXACTLY the type of advice/guidance I was looking for!

Cuboid and Crown is what I am going to order tonight! Can't wait to get started!

Anything else I need to make sure to order with it (batteries)? Any online places you recommend to get these ordered from?

Again, thanks so much for your help! That was easy, and like i said, exactly the guidance I was looking for.

Now, i just have to figure what temps, wattage, and all that stuff to vape at once I get everything going. That a different discussion that can begin another day.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
try ecig.com for the purchase
they are cheap
they have a 20% off code somewhere here

uniman4

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LAST MINUTE CURVEBALL!

Uugh, looking at that RX200 HARD as well.

A lot of folks think that is better than the cuboid.

I do take it on the road quite a bit, so maybe that once again tilts to the cube, although I don't think it matter THAT much? They are basically the same size, and most say the RX is a better fit in your hand.

Uuugh, Cuboid or RX200, Cuboid or RX200.

Somebody flip a coin for me!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as far as i know the rx and cuboid have the same chip in them, so the only difference is battery life and overall feel. i like the way the rx feels in my hand, but i absolutely hate it in my pocket. cuboid feels good in both, but its pretty heavy. i dont own an rx, but everyone says the batteries last a long ass time. my cuboid gets me through a day at work, and thats all i need usually. part of me wants to grab an rx too though lol (more addicted to vape hardware than i was to tobacco).

good luck, you really cant go wrong between the two for what you need...and for future use/changes in your style. you should eventually grab an rda of some kind, and both of the boxes you are looking at will have you fully covered for that too.

uniman4

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks again, ended up with the cuboid and crown uwell tank. Going great so far. Still figuring out all the buttons and setting tho, which can be a bit overwhelming that's for sure!

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I paid $70.00 for my Vapeberri kit and $9.99 for my first bottle of juice. Have since picked up a 6 month supply of pre-made coils which need to be changed every 7-10 days for $36.00. I figure my bottle of juice will last me around 2 months, so it is already way cheaper than tobacco.

elegomall

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It’s said to be the best entry-level products for vaping beginner. With being all-in-one style, eGo AIO makes it very easy to start a vaping experience. Designed to be cap of tank and five-click fire button of power supply, eGo AIO is quite simple and convenient in use, and also very fashionable in look of several mixed colors and indicator light of seven colors. Not to mention the best anti-leaking structure with 2ml e-juice capacity, childproof systems: pressure twist. In a word, its simplicity and efficiency just make the device quite popular and unique.

VU Sponsors