Become a Patron!

Help me find a battery! LG INR18650 MJ1

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, this isn't for use in my vaporizors, its for use in a flashlight. It has a max of 10 amp draw, my torch pulls about 3.5-4 Amps.

I live in the UK, and I really want to find these batteries. I want to seperate my vaping batteries and my torch batteries, so am willing to buy a set of these as they are 3500MAH and recommended to me on a flashlight forum. But I can not find them.

They are INR chemistry, so similar to IMR, so better than ICR in worst case scenario.

I get about 3 to hours on Mid (on my flashlight is 30% or 40% power, depends what the manufacturer decided this time, my old one was 30 percent and I got around 3 and a half hours, so this is an estimate of what I get with my 25R's, I haven't actually done a full test yet on my new torch, as I broke the old one myself, full power is 2100MA).

It is a great flashlight, and even better I have a mount for my mountain bike and it is brighter than a car headlamp lol. I can see far with it, I have to remember to dip it otherwise I will blind drivers.

Anyone with any idea where I can get these, even if I have to get them shipped from a different country, would be a great help.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use a Panasonic NCR18650B 18650 3400mAh Button Top Battery if you can't find the LG. That's what I use in my pocket torch with a zoomable lens, 1500 lumens.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use a Panasonic NCR18650B 18650 3400mAh Button Top Battery if you can't find the LG. That's what I use in my pocket torch with a zoomable lens, 1500 lumens.

What is NCR like safety wise compared to a IMR?

I use a convoy S2+, cheap as chips and a well built, BRIGHT (I mean it, I haven't got the highest powered 2800MA one, I have the 2100MA one, and that is still insane and blinding.

I honestly feel safer with this on me at night than I would a knife lol, (shine that in high in someones eyes their night vision will me messed up for a while and you can get away. I tried it on MID myself in the daytime and it was like a super camera flash had gone off for 5 minutes, so I imagine an even higher mode when your eyes are fully dilated to be extemely disorientating) torch/flashlight. Only downside is the shipping time.

EDIT: Can my Nitecore i2 Charge NCRs? It says Li-ion, so I guess they fall into that category?

Last edited:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The NCR is an IMR chemistry battery, that's just Panasonic's part number. Yes, your nitecore charger will charge it. not sure if dealsmachine is good or not.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Whiskey, sorry for putting it in the wrong place.
I said something similar to my wife last night
ugh.gif

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The NCR is an IMR chemistry battery, that's just Panasonic's part number. Yes, your nitecore charger will charge it. not sure if dealsmachine is good or not.
Ahh cool. I will get a few of them then for the flashlight, I only need 2 or 3 so shouldn't break the bank. Probably around £15 for 3 of them where i've been looking, seem to be around that price most places about £5 or so each. I can find the flat top easier than the button tops, are they still OK?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you use flattops in your torch now? If so, yes they are fine.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you use flattops in your torch now? If so, yes they are fine.
Yeah I use samsung 25Rs in them at the moment. I just want to get some batteries for my torch seperate to my vaping batteries, looks like I'l get a set of them panasonic ones you showed me. I get 3 hours 30 minutes from 2500MAH, wonder how much longer the 3400MAH will last? I gather it will be at least an hour, and thats getting into some impressive runtime. Could do the whole night in summer on one battery lol

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
closer to 4.5 to 5 hours.
Sorry, I meant with a 25R on mid I get 3.5 hours, and was hoping its an hour more than that I should of been clearer. It seems like it is about an hour longer life though, so that is perfect. Not this Saturday but the following I will get it along with my Sig 50, my fiancees birthday is coming up and one of her little presents will be the Sig 30 with a nautilus, SMOK RSBT2, and an RDA. Not sure what RDA to give/get her yet though.

BTW, I am not being a cheapskate and not buying her a present for her birthday lol, I have got her a lovely orient automatic watch as her main present, this is just a small gift as she is stopping smoking and enjoys using my device, so she already knows how to use it, and I thought if I am getting a slight upgrade (I am buying it more of as a spare incase the 30 breaks) I might as well give it to her.

If I am honest she will probably only occasionally use it, but she wants me to teach her how to make coils and that, she werent that interested untill she tried a cappuciono flavour I made, that REALLY tasted like you had just swallowed a mouthful of cappucino, best flavour I've had so far in regards to tasting like what its meant to. So one flavour was all it took, and as its zero nic and she is using champix, she says she finds it relaxes her. At the moment I let her use it when she wants as we are together 24/7, like I will have a hit then she will, but it will be nice to give her her own one to use.

VU Sponsors