Become a Patron!

Help me find a replacement battery to Tesla Falcons Box

karol1241

Member For 3 Years
Hello,
I'm repairing my friend's box - Tesla Falcons (He bought version with Resin tank inside the package) where the micro-usb port was broken. I've fixed it but now I have a problem with finding a spare battery also. It's sized as 21500. I can't find it anywhere and 18500 batteries have too low current (max 10A continnous, Tesla told on 21500 that it goes up to 30A). Tesla doesn't want to ship me standalone battery. I don't even know how to find any substitiute except 18500, which would be dangerous.

Photo in the attachment.

Thank you for any idea how to make it work and best regards!

Attachments

• 20190915_124805.jpg
    20190915_124805.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 30

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm wondering how old the mod is? Why not send it back if it's a new mod? How did fixing the broken 510 mess up the internal battery. This mod is 21 bucks at element vape I would just buy a new one if he's that into that mod. Will probably come out cheaper and not many manufacturers want to sell internal parts unfortunately.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree with the cat man. $22 at Element. For comparison a 20700 at my local b&m is $18 pretty steep I know. Now you do find a replacment online, how much is shipping? And battery shipping follows different guidelines then regular items. It may take a while for the product to actually get to its destination after you purchase it. Just checked and element does have them in stock and ready for delivery. Also they are a good trusted company and you can be sure to receive your item in a reasonable amount of time. I wish I had the skills to do some repairs as I have some mods that needs some work. Very nice of you to help your friend out.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tesla Falcons Cheap Vaping Deals

MVS

Vapor Beast

Vapro Supply

They do not seem too expensively priced. Around $30 or low end $17 is not too horrible for what seems a regulated mod, with or without a tank/rda. I would likely go that route instead of trying to find a battery, winding up possibly with something sketchy. Even $40 is not too bad.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not worth the $ to fix. Imho. Hell just look around the hardware section here on vu. Find something else comparable. Just a thought

karol1241

Member For 3 Years
I'm sorry to hear that but probably you are right. I'm a newbie user of soldering iron and that was one of reasons why I wanted to get it fully working - to have feeling that i repaired something. This box is too bad to buy new one, we will find something newer or better.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm sorry to hear that but probably you are right. I'm a newbie user of soldering iron and that was one of reasons why I wanted to get it fully working - to have feeling that i repaired something. This box is too bad to buy new one, we will find something newer or better.
newbie using a soldering iron??
and batterys?
would say thats not a good combo to start with.
use caution thowing this thing away.

20190915_124805-jpg.146487

VU Sponsors