Become a Patron!

Help me find something other than Nickel/Ni200 for flavor chasing with Subohm Tanks

brian435baer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey what's up everybody ✌️
I have been Vaping going on 2 years now, and I really want to stop using nickel or ni200 simply because I've read too much online that questions its safety - unless someone can send me some stuff/links to articles/posts/web info that supports it's totally safe like using Kanthal - or atleast the risks are the same as Kanthal or any form of Vaping. I understand the risks of Vaping in general - it's just I've read too much negativity abut nickel or ni200 to feel OK Vaping it all the time.

I chase flavor; not clouds.
I seriously Vape way to much, and I quite enjoy it.
I really don't care if it's going to kill me, but I do want to be safe about it -
If you have any suggestions please post!

So, to give you guys an idea on what I'm using..or my hardware.. Here's an idea -

I have 3 FreeMax Tank's (SubOhm) that use prebuilt coils or an RTA
The FreeMax Scylla Tank (currently using Ni200 .2 Herakles Coil) use this in Ni-TC on SMOK R80 or Asmodus Helve
The FreeMax Starre Tank (Currently using Ni200 FreeMax Starre .15 coil)use this in Ni-TC on SMOK R80 or Asmodus Helve
The FreeMax Starre Pro Tank (currently using Ni200 Starre/FreeMax Coil)use this in Ni-TC on SMOK R80 or Asmodus Helve

I also have a few UWell Crown tanks -
Black - (using .5 SS DC) which I always use these in TC mode on my Asmodus Helve or SMOK R80
Stainless Steel - (using .5 SS DC) which I also only use in TC/SS Mode on Asmodus Helve or SMOK R80m

I have a bunch of others tanks and mod's but these are my daily drivers -
The Herakles .2 Ni200 seems to give off way more flavor and they last like double the amount of time - in Comparison to the FreeMax Starre coils Ni200 - so I tend to buy those more.

I used to Vape only with Kanthal because of all the shit I read about ni200 - then I started using ni200 coils more because I had gotten like 4 packs for free - so I used them. Now I can't seem to switch back to Kanthal - it's just not the same for me, and the way I like to Vape doesn't work well with Kanthal - atleast I think,
Maybe I need to try different Kanthal coils - maybe some Herakles Kanthal coils - or maybe stainless steel ones - I don't know.
The UWell crown SS coils don't even do it for me anymore, no flavor compared to the Herkles .2 Ni200 coils - it's crazy. Once you Goto nickel nothing else tastes the same - atleast with what I have - I heard Titanium works really well; anybody tried that wih success as far as flavor chasing compared to ni200?

What's the next best thing for me to do if I want to cut nickel out of my Vaping diet ?
I have a building kit and titanium wire as well as Kanthal but I don't know how to twist coils up - let alone with titanium wire - it's really soft and flimsy so I'm SOL there -
I'd much rather pay cash for replacement prebuilt coils so if there are options out there better than nickel or atleast remotely close to the flavor they out out - and I can buy prebuilt coils to use - I'll do it. Just let me know which ones to get - also any tips ideas and suggestions on pre built coils for the FreeMax tanks or UWell crown a let me know!

Appreciate your time & for all those who read this in an attempt to help me,

- Brian

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suggest you just quit reading the Bull Shit.

PROPERLY used... no one type of vaping wire is any safer or more dangerous than any of the others.

We don't use them at temperatures the would cause any harmful affects.

If you are using nickel for VW or mech vape... then you might have an issue. For TC.. perfectly safe

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I vape the Ni200 coils on the Crown all the time. I find the flavor to be real good and the coils last longer than the SS .25 ones. I do like the flavor of the SS coils better but the QC on them is hit or miss. I just started to get into building and for that I use SS because I found Ni200 very tough to work with. As long as you are running Ni200 on a proper TC mod there is no danger. I wouldn't run Ni200 on a mod like the 213 though.

brian435baer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use Ni200 Herakles .2 Ohm coils
On my SMOK R80 (of course in Ni-TC mode)
I always set the resistance about .6 higher than what the coil stamp says because it gives me a better Vape - and usually anywhere from 30watts to 50watts
450F
Also use my Starre FreeMax tank with Herkles coils .2 again, on either my Asmodus Helve mod in Ni-TC mode at 450F & 30-55watts

VU Sponsors