Become a Patron!

Help me find the right build!

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started buildin about 2-3 weeks ago. I think that im doin a pretfy good job and have picked up on it relatively easily bein im a guy who works with his hands. Im building on either a Tsunami or Indestructible RDA and usin a joyetech cuboid. Since im using a regulated mod i need to keep my builds above .10... I have found that my current favorite coil is a fused clapton mostly for the intense flavor. Now, i havent been able to find a build that i can run dual coils that also has comparible taste to a FC. Any suggestions? Thanks..

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As the inner diameter of the drip tip goes down, flavor goes up. My go to 510 tip flows more air than I need and gives WAY better flavor than wide bore tips. Might try that.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm using dual fused Claptons in most of my devices. Depending on what gauge and kind of wire I use for the cores and the inner diameter I use when I coil them determines the resistance of the total build. My typical build is with 2x26K/38Ni80 with a 3 mm ID and 6 wraps. That comes in 0.22-0.24 ohms with both coils installed. These I'm using in my Boreas tanks on regulated mods.

I also have built 2x28K/38Ni80 2.4 mm ID 7 wrap @ 0.32 ohms and 2x30K/38Ni80 2.4 mm ID 7 wrap @ 0.44 ohms. These builds I'm using on my REO Grands which are bottom fed mechanical mods with smaller RDAs like the Derringer and Hastur.

For TC I just made a 2x26SS316L/38Ni80 3 mm ID 7 wrap @ 0.14 ohms in a Boreas tank on a Hohm Wrecker mod. DIY Lemon cookie juice and flavor out the wazoo @ 400 degrees F!

Long story short, you can make dual coil fused Claptons that come in above 0.1 ohms. It just takes the right size of wire with right ID of the build and right number of wraps. BTW I just started making my own fused Clapton coils. If this old fart can do it you can!

VU Sponsors