Become a Patron!

Help me move past the Ego

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all. I've been vaping for a few years but I'm still stuck on the Ego. My normal set up is just the Ego with a Low resistance atty and drip tip. I want to get a box mod. Something powerful and consistent.
So....help me understand these new fangled contraptions Seems the old plain atties are pretty much a thing of the past. I read about rebuildable atties~~I don't think that's something I want to do. Then I know there are tanks.....is the tank part of an atty or it just sits between the atty and the drip tip? If it's just a reservoir then what atty is used? Can I just remove the tank and use my drip tip? It's so confusing.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard....I'm not to familiar with the newer stuff, but you'll get a lot of help here.....:vino:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome aboard!
Not quite sure what you're looking for exactly, really it depends on what you wanted to spend.
But, you'll want to get some good batteries from a good vendor like liionwholesale. For a regulated mod, you'll want to get Samsung 25rs, sony vtc5a or lghg2s.
Also a battery charger

For a mod, if you wanted a single battery mod, you're looking at 75-80w max.. I would say an evic mini, or maybe hcigar dna75 or an istick pico. For a dual battery mod their are plenty of options the ipv6, ipv8, lost vape therion or Asmodeus minikin v2... Are the first mods to pop in my head for feature rich.

As for tanks with replaceable coils: sense makes some of the most flavorful coils out there, and the sense blazer is a great option. Assuming you're wanting a good lung hitting tank. If you're wanting something more mouth to lung; I really have not kept up to Terribly much there outside of the innokin endura and aio tanks. Both of which I would recommend there.

If you want rebuildable mouth to lung, there is still nothing better for flavor iny book than the original kayfun 3.1.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and welcome- have you got your eye on anything, have you checked out Hand Check and Vape Mail pictures here on the forum? What is your price range? Many use sub ohm tanks that still take coils too! The Ego is MTL and would you like a Direct Lung Tank?
I love the Pico Kit, the Melo tank is OK and the coils are cheap and easy to get and get 2 18650 batteries and a external Nitecore charger.
This is small but goes up to 75w.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi all. I've been vaping for a few years but I'm still stuck on the Ego. My normal set up is just the Ego with a Low resistance atty and drip tip. I want to get a box mod. Something powerful and consistent.
So....help me understand these new fangled contraptions Seems the old plain atties are pretty much a thing of the past. I read about rebuildable atties~~I don't think that's something I want to do. Then I know there are tanks.....is the tank part of an atty or it just sits between the atty and the drip tip? If it's just a reservoir then what atty is used? Can I just remove the tank and use my drip tip? It's so confusing.
Maybe this will help: CountryPami's Gear

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Maybe this will help: CountryPami's Gear
Nice site and so helpful- Countrypami! :blowkiss:

Also when I see some mods or tanks I am interested in I go to You Tube and watch some of the reviewers, it helps give you an idea on the size and ease of use of these products or any problems.There are thousands of different products, some better than others, we all have different likes and dislikes, very hard to guess what would be the perfect setup for you.
Many post pics here http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-handcheck-thread.733/page-84 of their set ups and vape mail, ask questions on ones you like, or check out http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-vape-mail-thread.1293/page-173
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/your-vape-today-mod-rba-juice-etc.161688/page-54
Then go to You Tube and watch reviews on your next potential vape gear.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you have been using an ego for several years than that form factor is good for you.
A good pen mod that's an upgrade over an ego might be the smok stick V8. It's bigger , and more powerful than an ego and cost around $35. Smok has been making really quality products lately. The tank/atomizer is quite popular and replacement coils are easy to find.

b2a32b9104c872df711c41d40abcecb6.jpg

There's nothing wrong with box mods, but they are more complicated to use. Cost is also an issue as you'll need a box mod, tank, batteries and a battery charger.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow! So many helpful answers. I'm going to read them all over and check out the suggestions.....then I'll have more questions? I swear......I've been trying to read and learn about this stuff . I actually already ordered two mods...After whining to the husband about not knowing what to get....he said just order something and we'll figure it out when you get it . have to look back on my order and see what they were.

I've been eyeing the Vapresso....maybe tarot nano, and the eleaf I-Power. I don't mind some maintenance as long as I can figure out how to do it correctly. Going to watch videos about rebuilding, wicking, changing coils, wrapping coils....ugh!

BTW....I guess I'm kind of avoiding a tank cause it makes me think of back when I first started with the cartridges and the little sponge. I didn't like that. Thank y'all so much.....hope you will continue to help me thru this....I'm determined

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok....these are the two I already ordered. Good or bad?

1x Genuine Wismec™ Reuleaux RX75 Full Kit by Jay Bo Designs - Black w/ White accents for $54.99 each
1x Genuine Innokin™ Coolfire IV TC 18650 Full Kit (w/ iSub V Tank) - White for $49.99 each

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Both of those are great! Congrats!!!

Pick yourself up a few good batteries and a charger.
30cc180501222b8bade3608f2b96137c.jpg

That is a list of recommendations and their specs.
I would go with the Samsung 30q for run time since they are both good regulated mods.
Also a good vendor would be liionwholesale.com. for chargers I would suggest a 4bay, from Nitecore or efest. Efest make some great chargers, just stay clear of their batteries.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Ok....these are the two I already ordered. Good or bad?

1x Genuine Wismec™ Reuleaux RX75 Full Kit by Jay Bo Designs - Black w/ White accents for $54.99 each
1x Genuine Innokin™ Coolfire IV TC 18650 Full Kit (w/ iSub V Tank) - White for $49.99 each
That isub tank takes regular premade coils https://www.misthub.com/products/innokin-isub-tank-replacement-coils?variant=17983389509 they just screw in, no building and wicking , make sure you purchase a few 5 packs ,
and also at least 4 -18650 LG or Samsung batteries and external battery charger like the Nitecore or the XTAR http://charger.nitecore.com/product/new-i4 or similar even a 2 bay.
I do not have either mod or tank, so other owners will chime in with their experiences!
The Wismec kit takes the Armor tankcoils again they just screw in and out again a few 5packs
https://www.directvapor.com/accessories/amor-mini-coil-5-pack.html

I am only using these links to show you, not endorsing any of them, but where you ordered the kit, you should order the coils too.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Both of those are great! Congrats!!!

Pick yourself up a few good batteries and a charger.
30cc180501222b8bade3608f2b96137c.jpg

That is a list of recommendations and their specs.
I would go with the Samsung 30q for run time since they are both good regulated mods.
Also a good vendor would be liionwholesale.com. for chargers I would suggest a 4bay, from Nitecore or efest. Efest make some great chargers, just stay clear of their batteries.

Psssst....

Xtar chargers are my favorite.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recommend the IStick Basic. Nice compact pocket friendly little unit.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Psssst....

I have both, but the XTAR ( I love my rocket) can be expensive, just to make sure a newbie knows how important an external charger is and there are affordable options.

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually have an old charger....from when I was using the silver bullet and the chuck. Maybe y'all can tell me how to get those going again too It was recommended to change out the spring but I never got them working right again.

I'll probably just go ahead and get a new charger anyway. I so appreciate all the advice, suggestions.....

I'm still planning to get one or two more kits....any more suggestions on those that take premade coils? Any opinion on tarot nano?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Psssst....

Haha, I have a nitecore as a backup to my xstar.
I was looking at the luc chargers, but can't see replacing the ones that have worked flawlessly for so many years.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
BTW....I love this forum! You guys are the best! Nobody even made fun of me
It's not about that, it's about helping people stay of the smokes.

As to the premade coils, quite honestly it's all dependent on how long you're looking for.

By that I mean, longevity of the system. Unless you start rebuilding the heads, you're going to be having to change as they change.
In other words
My gf, has been using sense herekles for a year now. The herekles coils are getting scarce so shes moving to rbas and the blazer. I use Atlantis heads for travel because those are all over the place. Any place I am, if I have a problem I can find them at any vape shop.
That's where the Nautilus really excels as an mtl tank. It's been around for 4 years and you can still find those coils in every vape shop on America. They are also still making new tanks for those coils.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I actually have an old charger....from when I was using the silver bullet and the chuck. Maybe y'all can tell me how to get those going again too It was recommended to change out the spring but I never got them working right again.

I'll probably just go ahead and get a new charger anyway. I so appreciate all the advice, suggestions.....

I'm still planning to get one or two more kits....any more suggestions on those that take premade coils? Any opinion on tarot nano?

You really do not need to purchase these as kits, most other tanks will work fine with any of the mods you are ordering! Now other tanks are another whole topic, haha! Any kit you are looking at should have the type of coils listed on what to purchase. I try to purchase tanks where many types of coils will work the same ones so not having to stockpile 5 different types of coils for 5 different tanks!
f1r3b1rd hit on it! There is a great forum thread on Aspire Atlantis coils that fit about 30 tanks- http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/ this comes in handy when deciding on tanks- nice to be able to get a great easy to get coil, not expensive either. We do not know what the vaping future will look so I have been stockpiling coils, I have many tanks that will work with these Aspire coils and I have tanks that use the Kanger SSOCC coils, again cheap and easy to get! I also just bought some OBS Engine,Ace and Crius tanks that you can build and wick your own, and it is wonderful!

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why Why Why. ...do they have to make things so complicated
It's not about that, it's about helping people stay of the smokes.

As to the premade coils, quite honestly it's all dependent on how long you're looking for.

By that I mean, longevity of the system. Unless you start rebuilding the heads, you're going to be having to change as they change.
In other words
My gf, has been using sense herekles for a year now. The herekles coils are getting scarce so shes moving to rbas and the blazer. I use Atlantis heads for travel because those are all over the place. Any place I am, if I have a problem I can find them at any vape shop.
That's where the Nautilus really excels as an mtl tank. It's been around for 4 years and you can still find those coils in every vape shop on America. They are also still making new tanks for those coils.

W

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
BTW....I love this forum! You guys are the best! Nobody even made fun of me

This is a much friendlier forum, especially when it comes to newbies that are truly looking for help! Most here are willing to help or give their two cents! I understand how hard it can be to get started, I have no one - that vapes, that could help me, so after much trial and error, I have been finding what works for me.But again, what works for me may not work for you, that is why there is so much to choose from! That is why forums are fantastic, with others experiences with different products,pros and cons!

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is a much friendlier forum, especially when it comes to newbies that are truly looking for help! Most here are willing to help or give their two cents! I understand how hard it can be to get started, I have no one - that vapes, that could help me, so after much trial and error, I have been finding what works for me.But again, what works for me may not work for you, that is why there is so much to choose from! That is why forums are fantastic, with others experiences with different products,pros and cons!

Yeah....I've never even been to a brick and mortar store. I was hoping my husband would be the one to figure everything out for us....I know he would have a better understanding than I do. We both quit regular cigarettes about the same time. He tried vaping but decided he'd rather just quit altogether. I don't have the willpower. Without ecigs I never would have quit smoking. Anyways...since he doesn't vape, of course he has no interest....but he will help me out (I think) He'd rather I just quit too.

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got the Coolfire working. Love it so far. Maybe tomorrow I will put together my Reuleaux 75.

Got a little carried away.....ordered a Vaporesso and an Eleaf. So many choices.....I like them all. Now I'm thinking I need one of those drip ones....RDA? Are they difficult?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got the Coolfire working. Love it so far. Maybe tomorrow I will put together my Reuleaux 75.

Got a little carried away.....ordered a Vaporesso and an Eleaf. So many choices.....I like them all. Now I'm thinking I need one of those drip ones....RDA? Are they difficult?

It all depends on your comfort level & ability to embrace a slight learning curve. If you want an RDA that you're building coils on a deck, you'll need to learn or pay attention to Ohm's Law.

One basic safety guideline I try adhering to is leaving about 20% on a battery. That means your coil build will not push your battery fully 'dead' but leave about 20% on it and you then recharge. This is also called battery head space.

There are RDA that take pre-made coil units like your Evod style tanks. The tank by the way is the container of the juice. The atty is the whole unit, tank, coil, coil head assembly, drip tip. With RDA that can be a bit different. You get a deck with them, in the deck you build or install your coils or coil head assemblies. Then, you can do what is called dripping into the RDA to saturate your wick/s.

I do the dripping but differently. I do what is called squonking. That means I have a mod (the box/tube your battery goes in) which also holds a bottle of juice. Sizes of the juice bottles for various squonking mods varies, mine holds about 10 ml +\- 0.5 - 1 ml. In that bottle is a tube, food grade silicone, that connects to a capillary screwed 510 connector. I squeeze the bottle to 'inject' the juice up into an RDA that also uses a capillary center pin.

There are many standard RDA that be easily 'converted' over to being squonking RDA using a spare capillary center pin replacing their standard non-capillary pin/s. There are also some RDA what come already set up with such a pin and are ready to squonk out of the box. This all aside, you might want to drip the other way.

Then you'll be carrying around bottles and squeezing your juice in usually from the top, down into the RDA and through the drip tip/chuff cap. The juice will then saturate your wick/s so when you 'fire' up the coils warm the juice.

I will not tell you one way is better than another. Squonking suits myself but I'm kind of lazy in as much as I also like the single cup making coffee machines. To me the analogy is I would rather have consistently fresh coffee / juice to drink / vape over having coffee / juice set in the pot all day, but I don't want to have to carry around a can of coffee all day either. Ergo, I squonk, no extra can of coffee needed as it is 'built' into the mod by the battery/ies.

Also, as ought to not be needing said but I will to emphasize and highlight the point. Please use caution with batteries. Don't go throwing your loose batteries in your pocket with loose keys, wires, change, tin foil etc.. People apparently do and then wonder why the batteries explode or catch them on fire.

Hope I've been at least somewhat helpful. :)

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hope I've been at least somewhat helpful. :)

Yes!....This is very helpful and well explained. Thank you so much!

I didn't think I wanted a tank, (guess in my imagination I pictured it leaking on the mod and being an issue), so far with the Coolfire---no issues. And it's been very easy for me to use. Still haven't put my Realeaux together....just so happy with the CF...what a difference! Such consistency.
I received the Eleaf Pico Mega yesterday and set it up. Still studying about it but I think I will like it once I get the hang of it.
I also received my Vaporesso mini kit. Planned to charge it and get it ready but "kit" comes with no USB wall adapter (I should have paid more attention). Anyway....now I'm researching wall adapters to see what direct output is needed for a 1400 mah vape. I have several that were used for my egos that might possibly work?

I'm still curious about dripping.....as that is what I considered myself doing with my Ego. Why can't you just put an atomizer(no tank), on the box mod......top it with a drip tip and drop juice in as needed?
Thanks again for all the info!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyway....now I'm researching wall adapters to see what direct output is needed for a 1400 mah vape. I have several that were used for my egos that might possibly work?
I'm still curious about dripping.....as that is what I considered myself doing with my Ego. Why can't you just put an atomizer(no tank), on the box mod......top it with a drip tip and drop juice in as needed?
Thanks again for all the info!

I believe you'll be able to use the wall adapters you have for the 1400 mah batteries. Not sure I would use these to power 18650 batteries. You'll need a specific charger for those. You might want to look at IMR Batteries < https://www.imrbatteries.com/ > to find a quality charger, quality 18650 batteries. Look for Sony VTC5 18650 batteries. Your cord from the 1400 mah batteries, if it is able to fit into the hole of the Coolfire, it ought to be capable of charging an internal battery. You can do this but I would hazard it possibly better off to use a charger to charge an 18650, which if I understand about the Coolfire it uses 18650's.

I think you can do that, put an RDA on a box mod that is, and probably quite well. That is what a lot of the RDA type atomizers are specifically made to do. :)

Yes, you can use the RTA, which is rebuild-able tank atomizers, "Tanks" with box mods. You can use the Clearomizers like the ones used on the ego batteries the "pen" style, or you can use the RDA rebuild-able dripping atomizers. :)

Last edited:

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe you'll be able to use the wall adapters you have for the 1400 mah batteries. Not sure I would use these to power 18650 batteries. You'll need a specific charger for those. You might want to look at IMR Batteries < https://www.imrbatteries.com/ > to find a quality charger, quality 18650 batteries. Look for Sony VTC5 18650 batteries. Your cord from the 1400 mah batteries, if it is able to fit into the hole of the Coolfire, it ought to be capable of charging an internal battery. You can do this but I would hazard it possibly better off to use a charger to charge an 18650, which if I understand about the Coolfire it uses 18650's.

I think you can do that, put an RDA on a box mod that is, and probably quite well. That is what a lot of the RDA type atomizers are specifically made to do. :)

Yes, you can use the RTA, which is rebuild-able tank atomizers, "Tanks" with box mods. You can use the Clearomizers like the ones used on the ego batteries the "pen" style, or you can use the RDA rebuild-able dripping atomizers. :)

I bought a charger....I think it's nightcore all in one, and I got batteries~~Sony and lg. The only thing I'm thinking to charge with the adapter is the mini target.
This is the atomizer I'm talking about. No tank, no, cotton, no rebuilding anything. Just screw it on, attach drip tip, drip and vape.

Attachments

• IMG_2778.JPG
    IMG_2778.JPG
    936.1 KB · Views: 7

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bought a charger....I think it's nightcore all in one, and I got batteries~~Sony and lg. The only thing I'm thinking to charge with the adapter is the mini target.
This is the atomizer I'm talking about. No tank, no, cotton, no rebuilding anything. Just screw it on, attach drip tip, drip and vape.

Ah. That looks like what is often dubbed a carto. You ought to be fine using that. There is cotton in it but you're correct that you'll likely not need to be concerned over that. I never used the cartos myself but I'm sure there quite a few on this forum that have, still do. My limited understanding of them from seeing videos suggests they're fairly simple to come to terms using.

Lg are a good brand of batteries as well. My point was that everyone in general, not merely you specifically, needs to ensure good brand name quality batteries. There are dubious batteries on the market, same as there's dubious cars, rifles, flashlights, blenders and so on. No need risking extra possible hazards if quality products reduce those risks. I think you'll do well in your ventures. :)

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah. That looks like what is often dubbed a carto. You ought to be fine using that. There is cotton in it but you're correct that you'll likely not need to be concerned over that. I never used the cartos myself but I'm sure there quite a few on this forum that have, still do. My limited understanding of them from seeing videos suggests they're fairly simple to come to terms using.

Lg are a good brand of batteries as well. My point was that everyone in general, not merely you specifically, needs to ensure good brand name quality batteries. There are dubious batteries on the market, same as there's dubious cars, rifles, flashlights, blenders and so on. No need risking extra possible hazards if quality products reduce those risks. I think you'll do well in your ventures. :)
Hey....just wanting to clarify. This http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-510-or-Joye-eGo-replacement-atomizers-p/510-atomizer.htm is the atomizer I have used forever with my Ego. It's not a cartomizer is it? Can I use it on my box mod? Can it handle the wattage? I saw on some of the reviews people saying they still bought these because they don't want to rebuild....so I assume they are dripping with them, but they don't say what device they are using.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey....just wanting to clarify. This http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-510-or-Joye-eGo-replacement-atomizers-p/510-atomizer.htm is the atomizer I have used forever with my Ego. It's not a cartomizer is it? Can I use it on my box mod? Can it handle the wattage? I saw on some of the reviews people saying they still bought these because they don't want to rebuild....so I assume they are dripping with them, but they don't say what device they are using.

Eh, for me this is a difficult question to "definitively" answer yes or no regarding it being a cartomizer. To me it is what I would classify as a cart o mizer, an atomizer based upon the cartridge design. That is not again, "definitively" saying that it is a cartomizer, merely only that is what I perceive it being.

On to, "will it work with X mod"? I do not see why it would not work if the mod has a 510 connector, which, that seems to be fairly standard now on most mods. There was another kind which required using its own standard threaded connector, not able to recall right off the name. My friend @AndriaD might know, I'm thinking of the E-Roll types I think.

"Will it handle Watt"? :) ;) I think again, it ought to work alright. If I recall correctly those kind of atties, use about a 2.00 (R) oHm resistance coil. I would think you could do well using one for a while at around 20-30 Watts, possibly higher. Again, I dislike responding back with the general "gee, I think it'll do but I'm not sure" responses. Others who have better experiences using thee kind of atties might better help, you and me both.

I used the Evod styles starting out. You can toss away the coil head assemblies in those after about two weeks of good use. They come relatively cheaply priced for no more than $7/8 for a five pack, usually closer to $5 but add a few bucks to offset shipping, unless you buy B&M. You can rebuild the head assemblies though, if you really desire and that would have you building micro-coils. I ran from that in fits. :) :p

I do think too you could drip on the ones you're using. Would not see that as being difficult to do aside from ensuring you fill the wicking material, wait and let it saturate, fill it to ensure it's full, wait, prime it and then vape. Some suggest that 1ml is roughly 22 drops, what I've seen of those you use they hold about 1.5ml. Not being boastful or rude, I use a squonking set up now that has a 10ml squeeze bottle for my "tank" and an RDA topside for the atty. I build macro-coils for the RDA, a good bit easier for me to handle doing. :)

Not attempting to convert you to building coils, merely expressing my preference and showing variations on the theme. I understand a reluctance to move away from you find to work for yourself. Kind of at that point myself too with various things, not only vaping. :)

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_2787.JPG IMG_2798.JPG
Eh, for me this is a difficult question to "definitively" answer yes or no regarding it being a cartomizer. To me it is what I would classify as a cart o mizer, an atomizer based upon the cartridge design. That is not again, "definitively" saying that it is a cartomizer, merely only that is what I perceive it being.

I do think too you could drip on the ones you're using. Would not see that as being difficult to do aside from ensuring you fill the wicking material, wait and let it saturate, fill it to ensure it's full, wait, prime it and then vape. Some suggest that 1ml is roughly 22 drops, what I've seen of those you use they hold about 1.5ml. Not being boastful or rude, I use a squonking set up now that has a 10ml squeeze bottle for my "tank" and an RDA topside for the atty. I build macro-coils for the RDA, a good bit easier for me to handle doing. :)
. :)
I just put like 4 drops at a time......it doesn't really "hold" anything. Few drops on the bridge or whatever it's called then vape til it dissipates and repeat. You made me curious....so I ripped one apart

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now that I have used a couple of tanks....I'm fine with them. So far really happy with coolfire, wismec 75, and Vaporesso mini. Still haven't gotten the Eleaf just right yet.

So....it's not like I have to use the little atomizer.... but if they perform well....for 99 cents each I don't mind dripping frequently. I could keep a stash as back up. They were not always cheap like that. Wonder if they will become totally obsolete.

And if they work...I wonder why people prefer to build instead? Much better vape maybe?
Anyway....I want to test it out. I guess that's why I'm pestering you with pics of a mangled atty. Just want to make sure it's safe to try...ya know? BTW...these have 1.5 ohm on the side.

Again...thanks so much for your replies, and patience.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 74783 View attachment 74784
I just put like 4 drops at a time......it doesn't really "hold" anything. Few drops on the bridge or whatever it's called then vape til it dissipates and repeat. You made me curious....so I ripped one apart

Ah, I see. Now, was the tube packed with a filler material like cotton, maybe a paper roll? That is how I have seen these type or similar ones, cotton fill or some synthetic poly-fill which act like a wick to carry juice down to the coil. The coil is the wire you're saying is bridge. Yes, it is a bridge of sorts. It runs from the positive side to ground side completing the circuit.

When you fire it up by button press, automatic sensor drawing, that closes the circuit with battery which then gives you amps (current). The coils you describe are built, twisted up into a ... gee ... coil, :) that will resist (impedance) 1.5 amps of current, then it starts warming up the wire. The juice then by way of wick, through, over, around the coil, or simply the juice itself bare around the coil then also warms up to create the vapor.

Let off the fire button, stop drawing and the circuit reopens and the coil cools back down and hopefully will only fluctuate +\- 0.02-4 amps/Watts that is what the coil does, converts the amps to watts (power).

Not sure they will become obsolete. I think they'll occupy that dirt cheap niche for vapors needing "the fix" on those late night jaunts. "Oh frag it! I forgot and left my Super Dooper Cloud Pooper over at buddy J's house this weekend. Guess I'll run through the drive through beer hut, grab a buck-a-banger. Hard up for cash too."

If you can enjoy those and you do. If that suits you to vape, MOW PAR, you know? :) I was not trying to "knock" these. I do know quite a few around this board and other boards what do use these and only these, and for a lot similar rationale you point out. Also, buy it or not there are some who go so far as to even rebuild them.

I like to build because it gives me a set "platform". By that I mean I have an RDA, well a few, but let me stick with "an RDA" for the example. So, the RDA I can keep and use over and over until it finally rusts, gets a grenade lobbed at it, has a bad magnet day, an elephant stomps it. You get the idea, an RDA is pretty durable and set, fixed. I then just buy wire and wick, build to what I want to do vape wise.

That is another bonus, control over the vape. I do a little sane & reasonably safe "sub ohming" which offers me some modest clouds at times. I'm not really a cloudz brah guy nor exactly a tooodle poofer, fall in between as a moderate. :) I vape mainly to appease a nicotine monkey, enjoying a bit of flavor now and then, can use unflavored juice though and do at times. I also simply enjoy vaping to vape for vaping's sake. :)

That and I "talk" with my Pap who has gone on ahead to fish the Big River when I build coils. :) He taught me a bit about tying flies for fishing. He was not a full on fly fisherman but did enough to enjoy it while still preferring angling. I recall our time together during that. Pap showed near saintly patience and restraint. His hands so experienced at doing it they could guide mine and he would not even look, still tie a perfect fly. :)

Some of the motions with coil building remind me so much. :) My Pap, he was and remains a hero for me. We don't get them made like that often. :)

I think you'll be pretty safe, or at least reasonably so. (I now preface with a bold few words so everyone knows what I'm doing) Joking/Sarcasm/Humor -- You are tossing your 18650 batteries into your pants pockets with loose screws, keys, balls of tin foil, aren't you? If not, you really better get to doing it that way. It is the greatest and most safest way to do it ever! Ending Joking/Sarcasm/Humor

You read as being aware enough to ask about something if you don't know, or at least going and finding references, reading and coming up with a sound knowledge. By the way, if you do melt your legs off by putting your batteries in your pockets like I say above, I disclaim all responsibility and liability. If that's not HINT enough. :)

Not a bit of problem answering questions, chit chatting and helping folks out. Enough helped me on the way as well. :) We all got to be "there" together because it's clear all the Big Wigs are off in their silly Big Wig world doing who knows what? Oh yeah, fearing we're coming to take all their precious money. *chuckles* I'm already too rich and I'm only a poor broke Appalachian, oh wait that's redundant, double so even. ;) :)

Well, you run 'er slow down your neck o' the holler. Think I getting me some :coffee:, then afixin' to get set to go wrangle barb wire again, get all us critters fed, medicines took and off this Interwebs hook. :hug: :wave:

JanInTexas

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hahaha......Come to think of it.....I used those little attys on the Silver Bullet and the Chuck. Nothing bad happened and I didn't have a clue what I was doing And I actually did carry around loose batteries....in the bottom of my purse with all my other junk. Had no idea that might be a problem I used Trustfires....which I've read are no bueno. I'm sure that was what was recommended to me tho. Maybe that's why those mods quit working good.

Cool story about your "Pap". Thanks for sharing. Dad or Granddad?

So really...the atomizer and coil are pretty much the same thing. I didn't see any cotton like material in the "guts" of the atty. Looked like just mesh and wire.....but it was a used one..maybe it just blended in.

You really have barbed wire and critters?....We do too!

Just to give you a smile this morning......Hambone and Porkchop......couple of my babies

Attachments

• IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0509.JPG
    IMG_0509.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 1

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha......Come to think of it.....I used those little attys on the Silver Bullet and the Chuck. Nothing bad happened and I didn't have a clue what I was doing And I actually did carry around loose batteries....in the bottom of my purse with all my other junk. Had no idea that might be a problem I used Trustfires....which I've read are no bueno. I'm sure that was what was recommended to me tho. Maybe that's why those mods quit working good.

Cool story about your "Pap". Thanks for sharing. Dad or Granddad?

So really...the atomizer and coil are pretty much the same thing. I didn't see any cotton like material in the "guts" of the atty. Looked like just mesh and wire.....but it was a used one..maybe it just blended in.

You really have barbed wire and critters?....We do too!

Just to give you a smile this morning......Hambone and Porkchop......couple of my babies

Granddad.

Yes, we've a line of barbed wire fencing down toward the creek. Father in law wants it taken out so we can access that area by the creek, giving full use of about 2.5 acres. He figures it'll also piss off the new neighbors who bout the .5 acre corner lot from his dad before he died. He too was one of those who had their mold broken.

I went down to his house the morning he died. My father in law was there, he and mother-in law were staying with him for hospital runs and helping at the house. Well, his last visit in a medical place the one doctor called father in law aside telling him plaintive care was the only course left. The father in law told them to let his daddy come home.

That morning, that he died, I went down. My father in law told me his dad had passed about 5:30 AM, I was to go in if I wanted and see him. I took his hands in mine and respectfully placed them on his chest, leaned down gently kissed his forehead and whispered to him I would see he got "home". I then left his bedroom, covered all reflective sources in the house expect external windows.

I think my father in law caught on too, I ate his dad's sins, the few of which there were. My father in law in those times came to me as his rock. His other son in law seems far too much a more modern type, what has little comprehension of tradition, dignity and us 'old dogs' being tough outside but all gooey inside. :)

And yes, we have dogs too. Grouchy and Hammy appear as almost twins. She has more Airedale in hr and he's got more Great Pyrenees. "Shylock", Sherlock has more Golden Labrador, they are all Great Pyrenees mutts though. All three are now being kept in a "hut/shed" (12'sq*8' high) we built in their fenced in pen/"yard" of about 70'*30', unless I go down to join them in the "yard" or will be near enough to see they are not "escaping".

The neighbor made a bunch of b.s. complaint/s to the sheriff, wound us up needing to go to a magistrate hearing to get two of our dogs back & of course also needing to pay two weeks board to the pound. So, yeah if my father in law wants to piss them off, I'm all for it. Me nor my wife started any manure with these neighbors, it was all started by them. He even threatened to kill our dogs. To say my opinion of him sank is an understatement.

Today was kind of a bungled day. Forgot I needed to go see the retired Lt. Navy nurse who is my GP for a six month check up. Well, I had recently had a minor run in with some 32awg Kanthal and got a wee touch of blood poisoning. It is just a matter of 'dung' happens. The Lt got me set up on a course of anti-BEE-otics, both horse pills and dual acting cream. She also has me on a cycle of soaking a finger in warm water Epsom salt water to draw out the infection, get ahead of it. Bad enough I the celluloses need pushed out. Hurt like a real sob seeing gunky 'rocks' shoot out my finger that were twice my finger's length. Ouch!

Then, I needed to go see the mental health therapist for general depression, which seems a constant. *sigh* Also good having a "safe" place to 'vent' if need be regarding morons or general life grumbles, the memories that are not quite as nice as Pap's.

Well, heading off for the rack time. Looking at the Diesel Brothers on that tell lie vision. They're hosting Chuck Norris who is buying one their trucks for a commercial. Newly learned Chuck Norris fact, straight from Mr. Norris himself, Chuck Norris does not sweat. :)

VU Sponsors