Become a Patron!

Help me pick a squonk

godhelpme

Member For 1 Year
I bought a Luxe since I figured it seemed same for those with a mental deficiency in vaping. I set it down, literally set it down on a silicone mat, picked it up to find a cracked screen. I'm not knocking the mod since I'm sure it was a freak accident given there is no scratch or anything pointing to how it cracked.

I want a squonk since I'm lazy and like flavor from RDAs. I'm between Vandy Vape Pulse X SE (no idea if there's a difference other than looks), Dual Pulse X 220w, Topside, Capo or just any of them since I have no experience with squonking.

Truth be told, I have no idea how the fuck some go to 220w. I've never seen a tank requiring it, but I also am new to coil building so maybe it's a dual coil lower sub ohm thing. I mostly use an MTL tank if it matters, but I would eventually like to try flavor kings like the Goon, Griffin, Falcon, and Mesh Pro I hear so much about.

TL;DR: Title only

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Scratch the capo. They're all pieces of shit. Most mods go that high in wattage for sales tactic. Not many people vape that high ever. I have no experience with any of the pulse mods so I can't help there. The topside is great in my opinion. But if you plan on mtl then you probably won't need much more that 20 watts. As far as the cheaper spectrum the Anita squonk is pretty good. So many mods they really escape my mind. The Pico squeeze 2is another good one. If you can still find one the Hotcig Rsq is another great on. Dotmod squonk. Others will chime in I'm sure. And welcome to the vu.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have the desire rage mod and love it. If you want a dual 18650 it’s a solid choice. A single battery Squonk that takes 18650,20700, or 21700 is the pico Squeeze 2. Great mod, very happy with mine. For an rda go with the wotofo Profile

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Capo==crappo.

Everyone loves their Topsides - single or dual.

I've been rocking a DS-style clone for months now. ROck-solid & simple. Best $20 I ever spent.

(Been coercing a buddy to print me up a 3d-print squonk-mod for his prototype PWM board: for me, that'd be the ideal squonk).

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Capo==crappo.

Everyone loves their Topsides - single or dual.

I've been rocking a DS-style clone for months now. ROck-solid & simple. Best $20 I ever spent.

(Been coercing a buddy to print me up a 3d-print squonk-mod for his prototype PWM board: for me, that'd be the ideal squonk).
So you still use the ds clone? I'm kinda scared. Lol what build do you have in it? Ohm wide. I always try to stay around...2ohms. I've got one I put up a while back. But did love the mod itself.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any of those except for the Capo should serve you well. The Capo crap was under powered and sucked. The Pulse and top side seem to be the most popular in this price range of squonkers. I have two Pulse 80W mods that get daily use. Solid, durable, and lightweight. In the end pick the one that aesthetically appeals to you and vape away.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me with the capo is wasn't the underpowered problem. It was the juice leaking through the 510 and covering the inside of the mod. I threw mine in the trash a few days after I bought it. I know two other members that did as well for sure. I'm sure others did too.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me with the capo is wasn't the underpowered problem. It was the juice leaking through the 510 and covering the inside of the mod. I threw mine in the trash a few days after I bought it. I know two other members that did as well for sure. I'm sure others did too.

I didn't have the leaking problem. Mine was 100w was like 65w on any other mod. Either way steer clear of the capo. Capo is Crapo.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you still use the ds clone? I'm kinda scared. Lol what build do you have in it? Ohm wide. I always try to stay around...2ohms. I've got one I put up a while back. But did love the mod itself.
Yeah. I picked up the engraved version from 3fVape awhile ago.. Tossed all their bottle-crap back into the box, measured and inserted a regular, cheapo silicon in and fit the tubing up INSIDE their 510-tube. Reassembled it, epoxied a penny in the stupid threaded-aperature for the bottle, and done... I can change batteries in about 5 or 6 seconds, I always topfill with a vandy 510-bottle.. It's wearing the Recurve with a SSL flapton and is running 0.21Ω - working great. I swap the VTC5a's every two tanks.

Oh, I also - after a few days of leakage in the 510 - washed it all out, and then used putty-caulk all around the 510 inside the topplates: it's never been damp inside since.

I also got out the teflon- tape the other day: threw a wind around the bottom of the Recurve , so that it seals against the top of the mod: no more puddles exposed when removed it to refill - just a hint of 'sweat'.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah. I picked up the engraved version from 3fVape awhile ago.. Tossed all their bottle-crap back into the box, measured and inserted a regular, cheapo silicon in and fit the tubing up INSIDE their 510-tube. Reassembled it, epoxied a penny in the stupid threaded-aperature for the bottle, and done... I can change batteries in about 5 or 6 seconds, I always topfill with a vandy 510-bottle.. It's wearing the Recurve with a SSL flapton and is running 0.21Ω - working great. I swap the VTC5a's every two tanks.

Oh, I also - after a few days of leakage in the 510 - washed it all out, and then used putty-caulk all around the 510 inside the topplates: it's never been damp inside since.

I also got out the teflon- tape the other day: threw a wind around the bottom of the Recurve , so that it seals against the top of the mod: no more puddles exposed when removed it to refill - just a hint of 'sweat'.
I've got the white painted writing version. Fire switch issues I believe on that one. But I think that's from people fire low ohm coils and it melted the button. I'll get mine back out and see what I can come up with Thanks

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the white painted writing version. Fire switch issues I believe on that one. But I think that's from people fire low ohm coils and it melted the button. I'll get mine back out and see what I can come up with Thanks
Yeah, all the reviews specify the inked-version as poorly made and the engraved as superior - so I crossed my fingers. I don't get any button-heat, and it IS plastic, but I try to stay above .2Ω (I had a scrap length of wire to use, and usually have one more wrap). I like the simplicity and reliability a LOT. I may order another to rig up, and then store it with the 2 NC's I have for the Pockylisp ;-)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, all the reviews specify the inked-version as poorly made and the engraved as superior - so I crossed my fingers. I don't get any button-heat, and it IS plastic, but I try to stay above .2Ω (I had a scrap length of wire to use, and usually have one more wrap). I like the simplicity and reliability a LOT. I may order another to rig up, and then store it with the 2 NC's I have for the Pockylisp ;-)

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I didn't have the leaking problem. Mine was 100w was like 65w on any other mod. Either way steer clear of the capo. Capo is Crapo.

The board on the Capo is gutless, even for MTL vaping. But the number one reason it sux? Remember all the reports of them auto firing and acually catching on fire?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The board on the Capo is gutless, even for MTL vaping. But the number one reason it sux? Remember all the reports of them auto firing and acually catching on fire?
Very true. We all love fireworks. But don't want to miss them because it goes off while I'm asleep.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm honestly going to be ordering a Pulse Dual kit when I can. The dripper it comes with id's the pulse v2. A well rounded rda to give you whatever vape you need, but it really shines as a single coil dripper. Hope this helps and good luck in your decision

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A Coppervape & a Gorge do well. You may need to look elsewhere for the Gorge. It seems recently this RDA has gained a silent creeping popularity & is continually selling through at vendor sites. They get them in, they're gone as soon as they're unloaded. I would have no idea why they are selling so well, it's not like I'm continually hawking them. Nope, ... not me, no way, not at all. By the by, if you want a clean vape, give a Gorge a try! ;) :) :p :D ( No I do not make anything from suggesting them. I use one and enjoying quite well. Would not suggest it otherwise. But I'm not selling them or affiliate promoting them. Maybe I should but I just don't see any point to it. )

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just started liking my squonk setup. My brother is trying to own in on it already. It's an Aspire Feedlink with Digiflavor Drop Solo. I have store credits at a few places and want a couple of (Single cell)squonk mods, and a couple of RDAs. I was thinking a profile and recurve. But with the great squonk explosion of 2018 I dont know what to get.

I'd like to keep the mods price close to $50. I realize mech squonkers are usually cheaper but I'd like to get atleast one with a board if not both. I was wondering if anybody had experience with the Hcigar Aurora?

Would you ever get a TBD version of a squonk? I saw the Dolphin Anita looked nice but what does the restriction affect? This is what I mean- https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Arctic-Dolphin-Anita-MOD.html

Pico squeeze 2 is being considered, hotcigs RSQ, and the topside are 20-25 bucks over my fifty dollar goal. I'm sure they're top quality and will get consideration.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just started liking my squonk setup. My brother is trying to own in on it already. It's an Aspire Feedlink with Digiflavor Drop Solo. I have store credits at a few places and want a couple of (Single cell)squonk mods, and a couple of RDAs. I was thinking a profile and recurve. But with the great squonk explosion of 2018 I dont know what to get.

I'd like to keep the mods price close to $50. I realize mech squonkers are usually cheaper but I'd like to get atleast one with a board if not both. I was wondering if anybody had experience with the Hcigar Aurora?

Would you ever get a TBD version of a squonk? I saw the Dolphin Anita looked nice but what does the restriction affect? This is what I mean- https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Arctic-Dolphin-Anita-MOD.html

Pico squeeze 2 is being considered, hotcigs RSQ, and the topside are 20-25 bucks over my fifty dollar goal. I'm sure they're top quality and will get consideration.

@MrMeowgi has a Dolphin for sale for $35

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-mods-and-stuff.464248/#post-2402041

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. But I was planning on using a Heaven Gifts code to get a squonk mod. It's worth $50 on their site. I should have been clearer on that. I'll narrow down a list and research each one specifically. The Pico Squeez2 looks good. I like the shape and its abilty to use different cells.

Completely understandable. Good luck with your search.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks. But I was planning on using a Heaven Gifts code to get a squonk mod. It's worth $50 on their site. I should have been clearer on that. I'll narrow down a list and research each one specifically. The Pico Squeez2 looks good. I like the shape and its abilty to use different cells.
I’ve been using the pico Squeeze 2 since it came out and love it. It has led lights which I usually despise but with the pico it’s functional in that it helps see juice levels in your bottle so I love the lights as well. Solid mod that has withstood some drops and mild abuse without a problem. The only con I have is the layout of the fire button and screen which I think should be on the same side but it’s only a minor inconvenience so not a big deal. Good battery life with the 21700 and pretty easy bottle refill. I used to use a bottle to screw on for refills but I’ve since abandoned for just removing the bottle for refills because it’s really quite easy and tidy.

VU Sponsors