Become a Patron!

help me set up my coils plz

iim a noob need to put coils on this vape its chi you mod a quabar RDA had dual coils before the guy who did it before was more noob then me and idk...ok so I just need to know how many loops to do i have 20g wire I saw a dual coil only and I was made with one piece of wire as I said idk what kind of battery I got but ill take one of you pros out there should know ok ..all I need to know is how many loops I need so I don't blow my hand up..of yea I too the last coils off because the RDA was overheating not the battery'

Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll help you....RDA's are going to get hot. there is a lot of heat in a little chamber and without enough airflow they get super hot super fast. and even with good airflow they can still get super warm if you chain vape it and it gets worse if you let your wick get too dry and scorch it.

if this is really your first build you need to do three things...find out what battery you have, get an ohms checker, and get a higher gauge wire like 28 to start with. No offense...but 20 gauge wire is a dangerous thing in the hands of the wrong person.....the answer to your question....8 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal around a 2.5 mm drill bit will be aprox. 0.65ish. I understand you want to blow big clouds and even vape shops are pushing out pre build coils on RDA's with twisted 24 gauge and such but try a few safe builds and know your amp limits. Especially when you get down below .3....below .3 a difference of .01 can make your amps jump high fast and most of the popular IMR batteries still easily available have a continuous drain rate of 20 amps which max's you out at .2 and that's pushing it's limit when it's fully charged. i have a friend who almost blew his hand off because a vape shop built him a .4 ohm build on his first atty he bought and then sold him a battery with a 5 amp limit and told him he was fine...it wasn't till he asked me why his mod was getting hot that I found out. Luckily I was able to give him the right batteries and a spare charger before something bad happened but I can't stress the importance of safety enough. Hope this helps

krypted

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 for getting an ohm reader or multimeter. You really need to know what kind of battery you have before you try to vape with it on an unregulated device. Lower gauge (resistance) wire means you need more wraps than a higher gauge to get the same amount of resistance. The battery will determine how low of a resistance you can have. Personally I do dual coil 6 wraps of 28g wire around a toothpick for my RBA. It comes out around 0.8ohm. I use Sony 30a IMR batteries.

VU Sponsors