Become a Patron!

Help me with my TFV8 Leaking!

nitsuj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm at my wits end with this tank. When it works, it's great. But 75% of the time, when I change out the coil, I let it sit for an hour and ALL the juice will leak out. So I take it apart, clean it all up, reassemble, and sometimes it holds, but sometimes it all leaks out again. I'm tightening everything. I'm not new to vaping. I've owned 15+ different tanks. I'm mechanically inclined. It's so frustrating! I know so many people are happy with their Cloud Beast. But I'm having terrible luck with it leaking. Eventually, I'll take it apart, put it back together and it doesn't leak. But often before that, I've lost $10 worth of liquid down the drain. I know it's leaking from the bottom because ALL the juice leaks out of the air flow holes. It's happened with the T8 and the X4 coils. I know I'm missing something. It's the craziest thing. Put it together, tighten everything, leaks. Take it apart, rinse everything, put it together the exact same way, no leaks until the coil needs replaced. OR, put it together, leaks again, take it apart, put it together AGAIN, and it holds until next coil change. I'm ready to give up on it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have read some of those coils had the negative or positive side of the coil wire sticking out too much, causing leakage...are the ends of the coil leads covered with the insulator?

nitsuj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Appreciate the replies. I should have mentioned, I did google the problem and found reference to the wires poking out of the o-rings. That's not my issue here. I assume they fixed that because none of my coils lately have exhibited that. However, in the past, I did have a little wire visible, which I'd tuck in, to no avail.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, that is all I knew about. You must have an o-ring missing or not seated properly for the tank to lose it's vacuum, leak.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had a similar situation with the big baby. The installed chimney o ring was slightly smaller than the extra. I swapped and now only install my coils by attaching to the chimney first to ensure it's screwed in all the way. Since I've started this practice I have not had a single leak. I've been there once you get these tanks performing the way they are intended there is nothing better.

in having the same problem with my tank i have lost more than 25$ worth of juice that has leaked out the seals im almost to the point to buy a new mod and tank because its not worth the loss can someone help me please

VU Sponsors