Become a Patron!

HELP: My Mix is in need of a Holiday

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I whipped up the most boring bottle of butterscotch RY4Double the other day and thought, I'd like to spruce it
I bought a GRIP of new flavors, too many to list - suffice to say if I don't have it, I can concoct a substitute so -

WHAT FLAVORS DO U RECOMMEND TO MELD WITH BUTTERSCOTCH RY4 BLEND & don't forget it has a good amount of vanilla swirl, of course!

I want to gingerbread/pumpkin spice up something tonite.
I even have some chocolate peppermint whatever from one on one flavors (oooflavors.com)

Am searching for recipes & will comb the forums for eggnogs and vanilla puddin but what do u think goes well with the above mentioned flavors - I want some sage advice before I start squirting in random flavors without taking note of what's added where - j/k damn! why so cereal?
thanks in advance!
**DBAA - - ->

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
hi, try apple.5%
bourbon..5%
ry4double..10%

or

dragon fruit..7%
watermelon..2%
blueberry 1.5%

or ry43%
coconut 1.5%

blueberry..7%
cheesecake..5%
sweetcream...4%

happy sucking

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hi, try apple.5%
bourbon..5%
ry4double..10%

or

dragon fruit..7%
watermelon..2%
blueberry 1.5%

or ry43%
coconut 1.5%

blueberry..7%
cheesecake..5%
sweetcream...4%

happy sucking
thanks and "happy sucking" to you, too
you do know that there are easier methods to mixing (other than "sucking")?
or is that how they mix recipes where u come from - Reddit Exile, is it?
Must have ALOT of TIME to waste over there

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I whipped up the most boring bottle of butterscotch RY4Double the other day and thought, I'd like to spruce it
I bought a GRIP of new flavors, too many to list - suffice to say if I don't have it, I can concoct a substitute so -

WHAT FLAVORS DO U RECOMMEND TO MELD WITH BUTTERSCOTCH RY4 BLEND & don't forget it has a good amount of vanilla swirl, of course!

I even have some chocolate peppermint whatever from one on one flavors (oooflavors.com)

Am searching for recipes & will comb the forums for eggnogs and vanilla puddin but what do u think goes well with the above mentioned flavors - I want some sage advice before I start squirting in random flavors without taking note of what's added where - j/k damn! why so cereal?
thanks in advance!
**DBAA - - ->

You might think this sounds disgusting, and I'm not a tobacco mixer for myself, but have done a few for my sister. I'd try orange or a citrus mix in that butterscotch RY4. I'd start at no more than 1.5%, because you're not really after ORANGE, you're after a kick up the backside of that butterscotch, right? lol

Also, I got hold of a flavor from Nicotine River called "The North Pole," which is a mint chocolate flavor that sounds similar to your OOO flavor. I mixed it basically as a single flavor at 8% with just a bit of FA Cocoa added to it since I have a little trouble getting chocolate that tastes right to me. It didn't need sweetener.

Mint tends to fade pretty badly, so you'll have to just see how that flavor performs over time, but it's not a lot of trouble to add a few drops of plain peppermint (TFA's is good) a few weeks later if it's needed.

Gingerbread and other spice-cake type mixes do well with molasses or brown sugar added, and real-life gingerbread is damn good with lemon glaze. Again, I think TFA Molasses is good, but go low with it. A little goes a long way and it will take over completely if you use too much. If you're using a flavor that is already "gingerbread," then it may not need molasses added.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
thanks and "happy sucking" to you, too
you do know that there are easier methods to mixing (other than "sucking")?
or is that how they mix recipes where u come from - Reddit Exile, is it?
Must have ALOT of TIME to waste over there, oh wait - you're in Exile!
Exile is perfect for rude busybodies who butt into threads with ugliness
i mix by weight, sucking is purely a term for have a vape.

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might think this sounds disgusting, and I'm not a tobacco mixer for myself, but have done a few for my sister. I'd try orange or a citrus mix in that butterscotch RY4. I'd start at no more than 1.5%, because you're not really after ORANGE, you're after a kick up the backside of that butterscotch, right? lol

Also, I got hold of a flavor from Nicotine River called "The North Pole," which is a mint chocolate flavor that sounds similar to your OOO flavor. I mixed it basically as a single flavor at 8% with just a bit of FA Cocoa added to it since I have a little trouble getting chocolate that tastes right to me. It didn't need sweetener.

Mint tends to fade pretty badly, so you'll have to just see how that flavor performs over time, but it's not a lot of trouble to add a few drops of plain peppermint (TFA's is good) a few weeks later if it's needed.

Gingerbread and other spice-cake type mixes do well with molasses or brown sugar added, and real-life gingerbread is damn good with lemon glaze. Again, I think TFA Molasses is good, but go low with it. A little goes a long way and it will take over completely if you use too much. If you're using a flavor that is already "gingerbread," then it may not need molasses added.
This is an absolutely so helpful and precisely what I was hoping to get feedback on. It's refreshing to get real perspective and positive encouragement on what matters most to me which is getting better and better and helping the noob get there too. That's what I want to see this industry reflect positivity and mutual exchange of ideas, helping one another out.

Thank u so much for restoring my confidence!! I'm going to make a kick-ass e-liquid recipe and suck down bomb vapers tonight thanks to your recommendation.

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that’s new to me. Never heard that used as a verb outside from *maybe* Matt from SMM. My guard was up following recent transactions left much to be desired. Guess I wrongly equated your words as derogatory in some way. My bad
That, is another story for the grand oba oba

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well that’s new to me. Never heard that used as a verb outside from *maybe* Matt from SMM
That's exactly what came to mind... SMM (suck my mod)
Hey... I would add apple to that butterscotch RY4 (I accidentally added apple pie to my RY4 mix and it was great) Also, maybe try a very small batch with the spices (in the BS RY4) Then... try them both together.
Personally, I've been wanting to try pumpkin spice with FA cappuccino (but I gave my PS away so now have to order more) Do you have any coffee flavors?

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's exactly what came to mind... SMM (suck my mod)
Hey... I would add apple to that butterscotch RY4 (I accidentally added apple pie to my RY4 mix and it was great) Also, maybe try a very small batch with the spices (in the BS RY4) Then... try them both together.
Personally, I've been wanting to try pumpkin spice with FA cappuccino (but I gave my PS away so now have to order more) Do you have any coffee flavors?
why yes, albeit a limited variety of coffee flavors.
i gotta give props to FA for their cappuccino, and for the life of me - I have yet to find cappuccino cream but heard its incredible in ry4 double and the usual additions. I'll copy the recipe I found @ diy or die for Smoked Butterscotch Latte (spoiler alert - the ry4double was the secret ingredient, kinda disappointing!). That recipe really pops, and never uses the Smoked Butterscotch flavorah on acount it tasted like "burnt bandaids" lmao!
If u haven't tried FA Tiramisu (Booster), its NICE, also very potent! Little goes a LONG way. I recently ordere another tiramisu i think its TFA. That a flavor profile like cake and coffee and syrup all wrapped up into one....
I have two variations of the smoked butterscotch latte. First one is almost exactly as wayne mixes it, only difference is no cap.cream; the other one is a tiramisu spinoff

Butterscotch (FA)
Butterscotch (FW)2.00
Cappuccino (FA) 0.68
Caramel (Caramello) (FA) 2.00
RY4 Double (TPA) 3.00
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.50
Vanilla swirl 2.00
Whipped Cream (TPA)1.00

other one replaces ry4double and cap cream with tiramisu booster 2%,
everything else I kept the same. I've had them both steeping for...awhile.

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chocolate peppermint... do you have an ice cream flavor you can use that with?
yah - VBIC, Pralines & Cream, Hazelnut & Cream (wonder flavors)
i jut got an order from oneononeflavors.com that I haven't gotten into yet.
i believe there is a vanilla ice cream in it

what else are you thinking along that line?
i was dreaming up girl scout thin mint cookies...thats a flavor they offer and yes, i bought 10ml

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I made a chocolate chip mint ice cream that was great but the FA cocoa just clogs my drop-in coils so waiting to build a RDA to try it again. I have WF chocolate chunks that is OK but most chocolate flavors have some "tootsie roll" notes and FA cocoa fixes that (but then you get the clog issue) I also used LB white chocolate peppermint (worked great) and ice cream.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

thanks in advance!
**DBAA - - ->
My Favourite with Ry4 Double was TFA Jamaican Rum.
My mix was 10% Ry4d with 6% Jamaican Rum
That rum can change profile with steeping. Within the first 2 weeks it has a real coconut note to it. After 4 weeks that fades to just a sweet rum taste.
I found the Ry4d took a good 4 weeks to really shine.
Often id make a batch of the Ry4 and let it steep on its own, then when done and I was wanting to vape it id add the Rum a few days before hand so I got the nicely steeped Ry4d and that coconut rum taste.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Often id make a batch of the Ry4 and let it steep on its own, then when done and I was wanting to vape it id add the Rum a few days before hand so I got the nicely steeped Ry4d and that coconut rum taste.
I have PUR cheesecake and at first it has a coconut note (goes away after 3 weeks) but I like coconut so sometimes enjoy that "off note"

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have PUR cheesecake and at first it has a coconut note (goes away after 3 weeks) but I like coconut so sometimes enjoy that "off note"
Its funny that isn't it.
I love FA Citrus Mix. First couple of weeks has a grapefruit note which fades.
Many reviews say it has an off grapefruit note. I like it with and without.
Sometimes you just gotta try them regardless of others tastes I think.
Cheers.

VU Sponsors