Become a Patron!

Help - my tank wont screw back on

Heya everyone :)
I am having a problem and am hoping someone here can help me. I have the evic vtc mini, and today I took the tank off to refill it and now it wont screw back on the mod (is that the right term?) The threads are fine and I can't see anything wrong but it wont screw on. It just spins and spins and never grabs. I have refilled the tank dozens of times and this has never happened before. Please help :)

Rob

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does it give you a reading for your coil? Have you tried another tank?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So is it going into the hole and just not grabbing? That sounds stripped, or is it not grabbing the top of the threading so it's never getting into the hole? If so check the ends of the threading maybe one part got tweaked so it's never linking up correctly?

Last, I don't have either of those devices but is it possible that what the threading is connected to was detached and is spinning?

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like the threads of the 510 are going, try pushing your tank while screwing it in and see if it grabs the threads at the bottom of the 510. If yes get yourself a heat sink at your local vape shop and push and screw that in, you have just installed new threads.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heya everyone :)
I am having a problem and am hoping someone here can help me. I have the evic vtc mini, and today I took the tank off to refill it and now it wont screw back on the mod (is that the right term?) The threads are fine and I can't see anything wrong but it wont screw on. It just spins and spins and never grabs. I have refilled the tank dozens of times and this has never happened before. Please help :)

Rob
Can you post a few pics maybe?
It might help us to help you better..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jasonk1229

Member For 4 Years
mine did this too the connection is broken i haven't attempted a repair i just bought another
you can force it to stay on jam a toothpick and turn it but it's only temporary

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If the 510 on top of the mod is striped it can be replaced . If the threads on the tank are dammaged , if you droped the tank ? , thay may be fixed with a small triangle shaped file . Do not force them . You will just dammage them both . With a good look at the threads on the tank can you tell if the 1st thread is flattend in to the second thread ?

Jasonk1229

Member For 4 Years
its not a matter of it beung stripped it was the spring in the 510 no idea where to get a replacement i took apart the mod and even checked out a youtube about it.

if anyonr has any links to parts would appreciate it

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had one of these the 510 fit the tanks looser than my other mods which told me the tolerance is wider than most which leads to threads wearing out faster. Nothing can be done about it unless you install a new 510 or use an older 510 off another unit. I finally sold it and just used my I stick 60 which always works flawlessly. It does not have updating but who needs it if it is built right in the first place. It is not hard to fix these if you can solder if you can't you could prolly find someone who can. Buying another one will just give you the same results unless they start using stainless steal for the 510 it has stronger steal and will hold up. The heat sink idea is good if it will tighten on good enough to hold just don't remove it remove the tank..

So is it going into the hole and just not grabbing? That sounds stripped, or is it not grabbing the top of the threading so it's never getting into the hole? If so check the ends of the threading maybe one part got tweaked so it's never linking up correctly?

Last, I don't have either of those devices but is it possible that what the threading is connected to was detached and is spinning?
IMG_20170924_162514976.jpg IMG_20170924_162431168.jpg

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like you pulled the threaded insert out of the mod. New 510 like a Fat Daddy if there's room or a new mod.

VU Sponsors