Become a Patron!

help my tugboat mech mod isnt fireing

I recently bought my first mech mod and rda. I built a simple coil and it worked for ten minutes and then stopped. I have tried using multiple charged batteries in it and it still wont work. Does anyone know what i should do.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like you lost connection maybe...not familiar with that particular mech mod but i will assume it has adjustable pins on top and bottom.

Remove the top cap from the tube and see if it has a contact that can screw in or out..Assuming it does ,screw it out a little ways and then screw on your rda and re tighten the contact pin until its snug and then screw the cap back on with the atty attached.

Remove the bottom firing button from the tube and slide in a battery...assuming it has an adjustable firing pin on the button, move it out one or two turns at a time and assemble it all back together until it makes contact to the battery when pressing the button.

Thats about all i can suggest unless you have an rda issue or coil issue.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just looked it up and it appears to have a floating 510 pin ...So nothing to adjust up top actually...the bottom im not sure is adjustable or not..reminds me of my manhattan mod in a way which has no adjustments..the battery doesnt make contact untill you press the firing button which pushes the battery upwards to make contact to the 510 on the atty....Check to see if that square contact on the firing button threads in and out or not.

Just make sure you attys 510 pin (if its adjustable) is sticking out past the negative threads on the atty and re try it.

all ri
Just looked it up and it appears to have a floating 510 pin ...So nothing to adjust up top actually...the bottom im not sure is adjustable or not..reminds me of my manhattan mod in a way which has no adjustments..the battery doesnt make contact untill you press the firing button which pushes the battery upwards to make contact to the 510 on the atty....Check to see if that square contact on the firing button threads in and out or not.

Just make sure you attys 510 pin (if its adjustable) is sticking out past the negative threads on the atty and re try it.
all right the 510 pin is sticking out a good amount and everything is connecting for sure but you mentioned coil problems, can you go into further detail.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Was just referring to maybe a bad connection possibly on the rda with the coils....most likely not the issue if it worked before hand unless both coils broke a leg which isnt likely.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What batteries are you using and what ohms are the coils?

Was just referring to maybe a bad connection possibly on the rda with the coils....most likely not the issue if it worked before hand unless both coils broke a leg which isnt likely.
It would work on and off in the past two days, but I tried poking the coil and the two snipped ends at the other side of the posts with some tweezers and it is firing again. Do you know what is happening

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It would work on and off in the past two days, but I tried poking the coil and the two snipped ends at the other side of the posts with some tweezers and it is firing again. Do you know what is happening
Well ,what is not happening is your safety not knowing what your ohms are...Do you know what name and model of your 18650 batteries are? and what gauge wire you used? and how many wraps to make your coil or coils with?

Make sure your screws holding the wire are tight for a solid connection..seems if you moved it around and it works again all of a sudden that is one of your issues.

the coil was not secure enough. btw It is six wraps and im not sure the model of my battery. My next purchase is an ohm reader. Thank you so much for your help, I really appriciate it.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just keep in mind especially for a mech mod that what battery is used is extremely important based on the ohms of the coil you use...Not knowing is pretty unsafe and you should research that before going any further.

Youre welcome for the help and be safe.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really need to know what kind of battery you have. There are tons of 18650 batteries that are not safe to use with vaping. Also not knowing what ohms your coil is or if it has a short, can possibly lead to a battery venting. Sounds like you need to go to youtube, and watch some videos on coil and mech mod safety.

VU Sponsors