Become a Patron!

HELP!!NEED ADVICE ON WHAT WATTAGE TO USE!!!

hey

Bought a new wismec rx2/3 with a Druga rda. Also bought No Hype butter pecan e juice 3mg nic. Used it between 50-80 watts. 50-65 watts gets good flavor and okay clouds but doesnt do anything for me head wise. I'm looking for that strong hit that makes me stare at the ceiling for 5 seconds after i hit it (if you know what i mean). Tried running it at 75 watts but when i took a look under the rda i foud that the wick looked kinda dry even though i didnt get a burnt taste (dont know if thats normal or not). Would really like your opinion on it.

Thanks.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The wattage is going to depend entirely on the ohms of the coil(s) and the wattage that gives you the best vape, period

If the cotton is a little dry, drip more, or if you are doing BF, squonk it

The wattage is going to depend entirely on the ohms of the coil(s) and the wattage that gives you the best vape, period

If the cotton is a little dry, drip more, or if you are doing BF, squonk it
0.24 ohms. Dual coils. Tried dripping a bit more. It did help a little but still didnt give me that kind of hit i was looking for. Thanks anyways.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe you need to try 6mg? I just recently made the drop to 6mg. I've been vaping 16-18 mg pretty much for the last 2 years and only dropped my nic level when I got an rda and the high nic was too harsh on my throat.

Maybe you need to try 6mg? I just recently made the drop to 6mg. I've been vaping 16-18 mg pretty much for the last 2 years and only dropped my nic level when I got an rda and the high nic was too harsh on my throat.
I've never went above 3mg nic and the guy at the shop told me that the e juice itself is a bit concentrated so i should go with 3mg nic. I did however try 6mg at the shop and that was way too harsh for me. It felt like something was stuck in my throat the minute i took the first hit and i used to smoke 2-3 packs a day lol. I might try 6mg nic next time but i think my expectations are way too high and that i should be satisfied with 3mg nic. I dont know, what do you think? And if u could recommend any good e juices that would be great. Thanks.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I might try 6mg nic next time but i think my expectations are way too high and that i should be satisfied with 3mg nic. I dont know, what do you think?

That is such a subjective thing -

Many find it difficult to get that "nicotine buzz" from juice that does not kill the throat also

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't recommend any juices as I vape pretty much straight menthol and I make my own. If you check out the "General Discussion" section I believe it is, there is a whole sub-forum on juices. Or you could try getting a bottle of 6mg and mix it 50/50 with the 3mg. That should give you about 4.5 or thereabout.

You didn't mention what ratio vg to pg you got. I'm just guessing it's 80/20 meaning 80% vg and 20% pg. If that's the case, you might try 70/30 vg/pg and see if that helps. The pg adds throat hit, but it really sounds to me like you're missing that nicotene rush.

I'll tell you what I really think, but keep in mind, it's only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

I quit buying store juices partly because of the price, but also because they use the cheapest nic they can buy wholesale and don't make any effort to take care of it. Nic solution needs to be stored in a cool dark place and every vape shop I've ever been in keeps it right out on the counter in the back exposed to both heat and light.

That may explain why the 6mg was harsh to you. The nic is most likely oxidized. On top of that, if you smoked 3 packs a day, 3mg nic is no way gonna be strong enough for you in the beginning. I smoked in the neighborhood of 50 cigarettes a day for the last 20 years I smoked and 3mg wouldn't do anything more than piss me off.

When I got my first sub-ohm setup, I made 'em sell me 18mg because that's what I was used to. That's when I noticed the nic sitting out but didn't think anything about it at the time. It was only after I started reading up on DIY juice that I realized the harshness I was experiencing was prtially due to yellow nic.

The solution to the problem for me was to buy a liter of nic solution from Nicotene River and some menthol flavoring and mix up my own juice. If you're wanting flavors, it'll be more complicated but certainly doable. It just all depends on how much you want to vape and stay off cigarettes.

I can't recommend any juices as I vape pretty much straight menthol and I make my own. If you check out the "General Discussion" section I believe it is, there is a whole sub-forum on juices. Or you could try getting a bottle of 6mg and mix it 50/50 with the 3mg. That should give you about 4.5 or thereabout.

You didn't mention what ratio vg to pg you got. I'm just guessing it's 80/20 meaning 80% vg and 20% pg. If that's the case, you might try 70/30 vg/pg and see if that helps. The pg adds throat hit, but it really sounds to me like you're missing that nicotene rush.

I'll tell you what I really think, but keep in mind, it's only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

I quit buying store juices partly because of the price, but also because they use the cheapest nic they can buy wholesale and don't make any effort to take care of it. Nic solution needs to be stored in a cool dark place and every vape shop I've ever been in keeps it right out on the counter in the back exposed to both heat and light.

That may explain why the 6mg was harsh to you. The nic is most likely oxidized. On top of that, if you smoked 3 packs a day, 3mg nic is no way gonna be strong enough for you in the beginning. I smoked in the neighborhood of 50 cigarettes a day for the last 20 years I smoked and 3mg wouldn't do anything more than piss me off.

When I got my first sub-ohm setup, I made 'em sell me 18mg because that's what I was used to. That's when I noticed the nic sitting out but didn't think anything about it at the time. It was only after I started reading up on DIY juice that I realized the harshness I was experiencing was prtially due to yellow nic.

The solution to the problem for me was to buy a liter of nic solution from Nicotene River and some menthol flavoring and mix up my own juice. If you're wanting flavors, it'll be more complicated but certainly doable. It just all depends on how much you want to vape and stay off cigarettes.
Thank you so much for that reply and advice. I'll keep that in mind while i scroll through that section. Thanks again.

VU Sponsors