Become a Patron!

help! need to replace ipv d2

blake782

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey guys - my trusty ipv d2 is finally on its death throes after a year of solid performance - i checked out the ipv 5 but its just too massive for me, would like a more comfortable fit in pocket but see there are some slimmer looking dual battery units out there.

im not doing anything exotic or using custom coils or anything, just basic vaping - and am willing to spend some decent money for a good unit.

what do you guys think i should look at? ipv6x? any help appreciated

thanks in advance

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could try the eVic VTC dual which gives you an option to use either one or two batteries.
Another compact (though heavy) two battery mod is the Cuboid.
The IPV400 is more compact then the IPV5 though I think it's damn ugly.
Maybe it's time for you to try one of those DNA75 devices, Hcigar VT75 nano looks really nice and is very compact.
hcigar-vt75-nano.jpg

Last edited:

blake782

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks, have read some mixed reviews so curious what it will actually be like

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The IPV6 looks like a poor imitation of the Sigelei 213.
Ofc the YIHI chip inside the IPV6 is much better then the crap inside the 213.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As mentioned, the cuboid is a small, dual 18650 device which I like.

If you want to stick to single 18650 though, how about the evil VTC mini-original or the 2? It can be had for a reasonable price and is a solid performing, small device.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Deucesjack gave a great suggestion.
I'd also consider the evic vtc mini.
The IPV 6x is a good choice for a duel battery mod. Just make sure you have an external charger if you were not already using one with the D2.
What's wrong with the D2 if you don't mind me asking? I've had mine for a while and never had an issue.

blake782

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks- went ahead and got the last blue ipv6x i could find - dont usually like using brand new products just hitting the market so hopefully it wont blow up in my pocket but just went ahead and got it, certainly looks nice.

nothing wrong with the D2, i love it, just had too many small drops over the year and sometimes the battery connection wont hit and i have to jiggle around to get contact and power; also battery life isnt the best but guess thats universal. might still get another one as a backup to the 6

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks- went ahead and got the last blue ipv6x i could find - dont usually like using brand new products just hitting the market so hopefully it wont blow up in my pocket but just went ahead and got it, certainly looks nice.

nothing wrong with the D2, i love it, just had too many small drops over the year and sometimes the battery connection wont hit and i have to jiggle around to get contact and power; also battery life isnt the best but guess thats universal. might still get another one as a backup to the 6

I think you will enjoy the 6x. It's probably the smallest dual 18650 out there and uses a solid chip. I have the 5 and its a great (albeit massive) mod. Let us know how it works out for you.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you will enjoy the 6x. It's probably the smallest dual 18650 out there and uses a solid chip. I have the 5 and its a great (albeit massive) mod. Let us know how it works out for you.
I must agree the IPV 5 is a very good mod, but agree it is massive.

In terms of box mods, it is average for what was coming out last year/ the year before, but it seems now dual 18650 devices are getting smaller.

The IPV6 is something that I am interested in, I did like the Sigelei 213 but I feel they are not what they once were now they are not using the Yihi Boards. The last Sigelei I think is solid is the 150TC-the 75 I have is awful when it comes to battery life, and a Mini book broke after 3 weeks :(.

I wonder how small a dual 18650 device can get that is regulated? By the pictures I have seen, it seems right now the newer mods have really utilised space which is something I like.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a good all around look at the 6x for anyone interested...

VU Sponsors