Become a Patron!

Help NEEDED!!!!!

Hey Guys I bought a new mech mod, it's my first unregulated mod that I own and I can't get much info on it online the web site is discontinued Google isn't much help at least it directed me to this forum that I can use and find help regarding my mod so its a KUI Bottom Feeder I want to Know How much OHM's it can handle and a few tips on how not to blow my face off lol

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ive never heard of that one. I know that the early reo was made for you to stay in the positive ohm territory; but, they began making them to go subohm.
it appears that the KUI is a mock up pf the early reo models.
here is the most informative video for the KUI that I found,

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Agree, to be safe I would likely stay in the 1+ ohm range. If you can build dual coils for it to net at 1+ ohm that would be nice. Would not suggest trying lower than 0.60 ohm if you want to do sub-ohm. Again, being safe I would stay at or above above 1 ohm w/ dual coils, or a single coil.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If it has the silver bottom spring you may risk the chance of collapsing the spring or worse damaging the battery...if I remember correctly the bottom spring is not rated for less than 1 ohm coils.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
New
If it's the original I believe it is rated for 1 ohm or more, not sub ohm.

Agreed, it is probably gold 'plated' copper which is not meant to sub ohm on. Belay my mention of that, it was an information blind suggestion. Stay at 1 ohm or above.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The collapsing spring is a safety device...... it does so to protect you and the battery. I would assume it is not upgraded and treat it as 1 ohm or higher . Though most such springs are rated to .6.. heavier springs are readily available ...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a new spring for my Reo clone from Reosmods..... I think fatdaddys vape and maxvape have them among the many other sellers of DIY mod parts. There is also your local hardware auto part and electrical supply stores. Could get spring from your local RC hobby shop.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. I have the Reo clone and it's not made very well. Looks like that other one might have a better fire button/switch. So if all it would need was neg spring upgrade might be worth a shot at that price.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's that switch that made me choose the Creo over the kui. Because the upgrade contacts and spares for the original fit..... The cone reo was the closer copy of the original.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still like the cloned Reo & will keep the two I've got as backups. Got a silver (aluminum/stainless steel alloy) CopperVape, it is a lot more ergonomic and less stress on arthritic hands. The weight of the silver CopperVape is nice although a bit light, this and the naval installed affinity of brass encouraged me to get a brass CopperVape. These will be my staple used mods from now on, I think. Also have a Smok M22 & two Isticks which are backups, used for anything I want to do regulated.

As a moderate person, I am a bit bemused in enjoying the extra vapor from squonking on mechanical mods. It isn't that I desire huge clouds, yes, it is nice to have a few now and then. Clouds though are not really what I am after. With a lacking sense of taste & smell I'm not really after the flavor either, though it too is nice as the extra clouds. For me the vaping is another means to using nicotine. As far as I'm concerned, England's National Health agency stated vaping is roughly 95% more safe than tobacco cigarettes & all research so far on PG & VG suggest neither are great toxicological risks, so it's a safer alternative for me.

I may be inferencing things incorrectly but my thoughts on the inhalation of flavorings lead me to thinking, the flavoring gets in your blood from your stomach. If you inhale the flavoring, to me, it seems it would enter your blood via absorption in your lungs. To me that's half a dozen or six, either way it's going to the same destination. I figure then if the flavorings I use are GRAS to eat, well then they are GRAS to inhale as well. Again over all it seems to me vaping is about as safe as it can be, merely use caution and common sense regarding batteries and the electronics aspects of it.

ETA: Apologies for the "novel" here. Had some thoughts I felt a need to express openly, and I had kind of "sat" on a while.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
...I may be inferencing things incorrectly but my thoughts on the inhalation of flavorings lead me to thinking, the flavoring gets in your blood from your stomach. If you inhale the flavoring, to me, it seems it would enter your blood via absorption in your lungs. To me that's half a dozen or six, either way it's going to the same destination. I figure then if the flavorings I use are GRAS to eat, well then they are GRAS to inhale as well....
If I remember correctly, flavors entering the bloodstream from the stomach have been broken down & converted to simpler chemical compounds by a series of acids, enzymes, bacteria.…

A direct lung hit skips this digestive process. Consequently what enters the blood is much different.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I remember correctly, flavors entering the bloodstream from the stomach have been broken down & converted to simpler chemical compounds by a series of acids, enzymes, bacteria.…

A direct lung hit skips this digestive process. Consequently what enters the blood is much different.
How does one vape without inhaling?...regardless of which method, MTL or LH?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Ah. Alright, I was not quite sure as stated, might have been inferring some logic incorrectly. What you're suggesting/stating here does seem keen to me at least, to be logical, if not factual. Not a doctor here and not claiming such but am at least attempting to have some understanding of how this all works. *chuckles* Sometimes I'm not sure even doctors fare any better. :)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I do have a Ph.D, but it is for being a good Post Hole Digger. :) :D :p
Try working for your MBA you just need to masterbate a lot

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years