Help nic sick from double coils

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello fellow vapers and friend Vaping Underground forum. So nice to find a new friendly open forum on ecigs.

I've been vaping for a year or so on a RBA single coil of around 1.2 ohms with 12 mg eliquid. I've been happy at 12mg for 3-4 years. I just built my first dual coil earlier this week and I am feeling a bit nic sick when I vape.

It tastes better with my new Japanese cotton wicks and the double coils at .6 ohms so I want to vape more, but even if I try to cut back I am feeling a bit ill. Itchy, a tad queasy at times, restless, and the occasional ringing ears. Certainly feels like a little too much nicotine.

Is there a general rule to how much you should lower your nicotine levels when you use double coils? Is it the double coils (vaping twice as much with each hit) or the lower ohms giving me the nic overdose?

I have plenty of VG and PG around so no problem diluting my current supply of eliquid, I'd just like a ball park starting point so I don't waste eliquid or time feeling crappy for nothing.

Any advice for a vaping veteran, but Vaping Underground noob?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, you are getting nic sick because you are getting MUCH more vapor and the resulting nicotine. Dual coils and lower ohms = more vapor and nic.

Most drip 3-6 MG in a dripper.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So would 12mg translate closer to 3mg or 6mg as a starting point? I'm using a bottom feeder if that makes a difference.

That's quite a drop either way. I'm glad I am a fan of unflavored. It's amazing how great no flavor can taste with Japanese cotton and double coils.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you chain vape a dripper, I'd say 3 MG.

If you take a toot or two and set it down for awhile, then 6 MG.

Personally, I am a heavy vapor (chain vapor) and I was a heavy smoker (2+ packs a day). So I use 4 MG in an RDA or RTA.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definately try 6 before dropping to 3. You have plenty of PG and VG you said, use it to find what's right for you. I keep bottles of 12 mg and 6 mg handy for what I'm vaping on, usually use the 6 for small samples as well. freemind"s right tho', I usually stay at higher resistence than most.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
So would 12mg translate closer to 3mg or 6mg as a starting point? I'm using a bottom feeder if that makes a difference.

That's quite a drop either way. I'm glad I am a fan of unflavored. It's amazing how great no flavor can taste with Japanese cotton and double coils.

12mg roughly translates to 12mg. Not quite sure what you are asking.

You may wish to go back to a single coil until you can get some 3 or 6mg liquid.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hello fellow vapers and friend Vaping Underground forum. So nice to find a new friendly open forum on ecigs.

I've been vaping for a year or so on a RBA single coil of around 1.2 ohms with 12 mg eliquid. I've been happy at 12mg for 3-4 years. I just built my first dual coil earlier this week and I am feeling a bit nic sick when I vape.

It tastes better with my new Japanese cotton wicks and the double coils at .6 ohms so I want to vape more, but even if I try to cut back I am feeling a bit ill. Itchy, a tad queasy at times, restless, and the occasional ringing ears. Certainly feels like a little too much nicotine.

Is there a general rule to how much you should lower your nicotine levels when you use double coils? Is it the double coils (vaping twice as much with each hit) or the lower ohms giving me the nic overdose?

I have plenty of VG and PG around so no problem diluting my current supply of eliquid, I'd just like a ball park starting point so I don't waste eliquid or time feeling crappy for nothing.

Any advice for a vaping veteran, but Vaping Underground noob?
What ever Nic level you are feeling comfortable with that gives you a satisfying experience. But the lower you go in ohms the nic may feel more intense.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty simple, you are doubling the volume your vapor for each toot, so cut your nic level in half, to 6mg.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to aim for around 5mg for the first pass and not mix too much. Being nic sick is no fun. My left eye is starting to twitch. Time to start drinking water, vape 0mg for a while, and dilute. I'll take a nap and start fresh with the 5mg.

After decades of smoking over PAD and chain vaping 12mg for so long, I didn't think I could even get nic sick.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I first started dripping, I had a .5 ohm, dual coil build in a Tug V2.

All I had at the time was 24 MG, from what I tanked.

Yeah, I got nic sick. Heart racing, about puked, thought I was gonna pass out. I was shaky for a few hours after....

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started at 36mg/ml in 2011 since I used to smoke unfiltered camels. Over time I dropped to 24, then 18. When I began rebuilding, I used a genny with a ss wick, that seemed to amp up the effects of the nic, so I cut it to 12. When I began dripping in a rda as opposed to a bridgeless atomizer, I dropped my nic to 8mg/ml. I use my rda's with 4-6mg/ml and my tanks with 8mg/ml now.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Too high PG gives a lot of vapers ringing in the ears, too. Just wanted to toss that out there. If you dilute, maybe use VG only and see if it helps.

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i was a heavy menthol(analog) smoker, when i took that as a starting point in vaping...WOW what a rude awakening!! if i drip on subohms i do 3 - 6mg and its certainly enough to curb cravings.

VU Sponsors