Become a Patron!

[Help] Noob needs a kit

Hello friends..

I am completely new top vaping. I am not someone who smokes and wants to shift. I do not smoke. I want to vape for huge clouds.

I went through some videos and articles and i have really loved the eLeaf iStick 30W. Some people suggests the Aspire Nautilus Mini tank with that but then others say that its not a cloud maker.

What i am looking for is huge vapour(clouds) and good flavor..
Suggestions?

You can go with the sub-ohm kangertech mini at 0.6. Wattage also maxes out at 30W. Pretty good if you want to cape just for the fun of it. The flavor is really up to you, but for the juice, I would suggest staying away from the max VG juices cause it'll clog up your coils and give you the occasional dry, burnt taste. For clouds you can go anywhere from 50-75VG. Any more than that and the cotton won't be able to absorb the juice fast enough when you hit it

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my "starting point" thread for aspiring cloud chasers (it's stickied at the top of this subforum):

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/

If you must vape even though you don't smoke, please be respectful of others when picking appropriate places to blow clouds. And please don't use nicotine in your liquids - it's more likely to make you sick than give you any kind of "buzz." Good luck.

You can go with the sub-ohm kangertech mini at 0.6. Wattage also maxes out at 30W. Pretty good if you want to cape just for the fun of it. The flavor is really up to you, but for the juice, I would suggest staying away from the max VG juices cause it'll clog up your coils and give you the occasional dry, burnt taste. For clouds you can go anywhere from 50-75VG. Any more than that and the cotton won't be able to absorb the juice fast enough when you hit it
Okay.. Thank you..

I have read people saying that using a 100% VG would give more vapour. Is it true?

Here's my "starting point" thread for aspiring cloud chasers (it's stickied at the top of this subforum):

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/

If you must vape even though you don't smoke, please be respectful of others when picking appropriate places to blow clouds. And please don't use nicotine in your liquids - it's more likely to make you sick than give you any kind of "buzz." Good luck.
I will surely check out the thread. And yes, I'll always use 0mg nioctine juices.. Thank you.

Just a quick question. Basic device for a beginner like me for cloud chasing?

Yes, but not a lot of tanks can absorb the juice fast enough when you hit it. So once in awhile you'll get a really dry hit off of the tank or worse you might burn the cotton in the coil

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use max vg diy juice in my lemo drop 22 guage 6 wrap .4 ohm never a dry hit I find if I start at like 20 watts and slowly move up in watts it warms the juice making it thinner and thus wicking better.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good on the 0 nic.

100% VG is going to be just that - plain VG. Most (but not all) flavors are mixed in PG because it's easier to work with and carries flavor better, so most "max VG" juices are actually somewhere between 5/95 and 20/80 on the PG/VG scale, depending on how much flavoring they have. Also,, if your juice is too thick, you'll have trouble using it in tanks, especially something with small wicks like a Nautilus.

For a starter kit, I'd probably go with a 50 watt mod with replaceable batteries and one of the newer sub-ohm tanks, preferably one that takes 0.5 ohm coils, as 0.2 might be a little hot to start out with. If you do a little digging and find some devices you're interested in we'll be better equipped to comment on them - asking a broad "what's the best?" question will just net a bunch of answers where everyone says what they have is best because they have it.

The one device that fits these guidelines that I have and don't like is the iStick 50 - pretty poor quality buttons and threading, and there have been several quality control issues reported, many leading to fires.

Good on the 0 nic.

100% VG is going to be just that - plain VG. Most (but not all) flavors are mixed in PG because it's easier to work with and carries flavor better, so most "max VG" juices are actually somewhere between 5/95 and 20/80 on the PG/VG scale, depending on how much flavoring they have. Also,, if your juice is too thick, you'll have trouble using it in tanks, especially something with small wicks like a Nautilus.

For a starter kit, I'd probably go with a 50 watt mod with replaceable batteries and one of the newer sub-ohm tanks, preferably one that takes 0.5 ohm coils, as 0.2 might be a little hot to start out with. If you do a little digging and find some devices you're interested in we'll be better equipped to comment on them - asking a broad "what's the best?" question will just net a bunch of answers where everyone says what they have is best because they have it.

The one device that fits these guidelines that I have and don't like is the iStick 50 - pretty poor quality buttons and threading, and there have been several quality control issues reported, many leading to fires.
Thank you so much.. Perfectly explained stuff!

I do not have a budget more than 80$ for both. Just like you said, i have been digging and what i liked was the eLeaf iStick 50W.. What other options do i have?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Kanger Kbox and like it, but the adjustability is a bit limited. The Kanger Subox looks promising, but I haven't seen anyone that has it yet and is doing reviews. Nice in that you can get the setup with a tank and mod for $50-60, then figure another $20 or so for a good charger and $10-12 for a pair of batteries...

VU Sponsors