Become a Patron!

Help picking a good RDA for my mod?

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello everyone, I’m new to the forum and inexperienced with building, but am willing to learn and do the proper research.
SO
My question is what RDA’s do you all use and love, Ive heard the Pulse 24 and Dead Rabbit are both good options as well as the Goon RDA, basically I’m searching for maximum cloud and really good flavor.

My current set up is a iJoy Captain PD270 with a Melo 300 tank which has been decent, though I’m looking for more cloud production without the smoke getting stupidly hot. Generally vape between 125-150w.

Quick note, I had used the RDA deck a while back that was included with the TFV8, and didn’t care for it at all. It had a suuuper long ramp up time so I would really like to avoid that, I’m open to the idea of RDTA’s as well so long as it will match vapor production of RDA. One of my local vape stores recommended the Blizz RDA, does anyone have any experience with this?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite RDA'S are

Reload 1.5
Fuel V1
Fuel V2
Warhead
Druga
Mose
X1 24mm
X1 30mm

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dead Rabbit
Goon
Recoil
iJoy Combo
Mini Buddha v2
Those are the RDA’s in my current rotation and I enjoy the hell out of them.
Only RDTA I’m really using now is the Revolver Reloaded 2, but it’s an integrated RDTA system built into a mech tube.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dead Rabbit
Goon
Recoil
iJoy Combo
Mini Buddha v2
Those are the RDA’s in my current rotation and I enjoy the hell out of them.
Only RDTA I’m really using now is the Revolver Reloaded 2, but it’s an integrated RDTA system built into a mech tube.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

I love your signature lol, I’ll have to see If can find the goon, I forget the site but they were out of stock, out of those you listed which one is your favorite/most recommended? (I’ll end up looking into all of them of course) and thank you for your reply!

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My favorite RDA'S are

Reload 1.5
Fuel V1
Fuel V2
Warhead
Druga
Mose
X1 24mm
X1 30mm

Thank your for your reply ^.^ of those which is your favorite if you could only have one?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Goon 24

Edit to add - goons got great flavor, easy to build on, fits pretty much anything and has great airflow.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank your for your reply ^.^ of those which is your favorite if you could only have one?
Each brings in their own strength and would be happy to only have one of any of them.

I see the Goon being recommended, I would say the Apocalypse is much better than the Goon. Plus it's made in the US unlike the Goon.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love your signature lol, I’ll have to see If can find the goon, I forget the site but they were out of stock, out of those you listed which one is your favorite/most recommended? (I’ll end up looking into all of them of course) and thank you for your reply!

Yeah, I got tired of an older guy I work with always making some crack each time I went on break about how I’m “smoking stuff that’s in antifreeze” so I pointed out the bottle of water he was drinking and stated the simple fact that he was guzzling an ingredient in antifreeze...now it’s my statement anytime I hear vaping and antifreeze being compared.
As for the RDA’s, like r055co pointed out, each is unique and has its own strengths and weaknesses, there are just so many more variables than the old Clouds vs Flavor arguments. I use coils that take up a good amount of room, and I like a good airflow, so, I would gravitate towards my iJoy Combo RDA Clone because it’s a 25mm RDA and a 2-Post design which means a big ole build deck and a ridiculous amount of room for open airflow to swirl in the chamber.
6672bf0f7eeba3c50b0e3633dd035036.jpg
c80376a8d275168309760aed8efed8f8.jpg
749d53eef54aaae424a2645148c8ee66.jpg

I’m just taking a wild guess that you’re asking folks “if you could only have one” because maybe price is an issue? If so, then there is a bit of advice that might get me bashed back to the Stone Age, but the Clone market isn’t nearly as bad as it was in the past, and though they aren’t exactly like the authentics, they can be close enough that you can get a few different ones and see what kind you enjoy building on and vaping on to help you narrow down what Authentic you want. I mean, if you can get 5 different clones and pay under $50, then you have 5 “testers” basically to see what you like and then save your money back up and get an Authentic of the one you liked most if having an Authentic is something that’s important to you. This is a method that has worked for me, personally, in the past and I’ve yet to have a Clone melt down on me or otherwise be unsafe, but that doesn’t mean I’m saying all clones are safe or just as good as the Authentic, I’m simply stating that I have done this before with no ill-effects up to this point ...there, hopefully that disclaimer will narrow the size of the bullseye I just put on myself, lol.

snowbeast

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From my limited experience.

I own a goon l.p., peerless and dpro.
Have a dead rabbit and drop coming from 3fvape.

The goon l.p. is my favorite, followed by the dpro.
The peerless is nice, but all depends on how well you build it.
I like flavour and and an airy draw.

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I got tired of an older guy I work with always making some crack each time I went on break about how I’m “smoking stuff that’s in antifreeze” so I pointed out the bottle of water he was drinking and stated the simple fact that he was guzzling an ingredient in antifreeze...now it’s my statement anytime I hear vaping and antifreeze being compared.
As for the RDA’s, like r055co pointed out, each is unique and has its own strengths and weaknesses, there are just so many more variables than the old Clouds vs Flavor arguments. I use coils that take up a good amount of room, and I like a good airflow, so, I would gravitate towards my iJoy Combo RDA Clone because it’s a 25mm RDA and a 2-Post design which means a big ole build deck and a ridiculous amount of room for open airflow to swirl in the chamber.
6672bf0f7eeba3c50b0e3633dd035036.jpg
c80376a8d275168309760aed8efed8f8.jpg
749d53eef54aaae424a2645148c8ee66.jpg

I’m just taking a wild guess that you’re asking folks “if you could only have one” because maybe price is an issue? If so, then there is a bit of advice that might get me bashed back to the Stone Age, but the Clone market isn’t nearly as bad as it was in the past, and though they aren’t exactly like the authentics, they can be close enough that you can get a few different ones and see what kind you enjoy building on and vaping on to help you narrow down what Authentic you want. I mean, if you can get 5 different clones and pay under $50, then you have 5 “testers” basically to see what you like and then save your money back up and get an Authentic of the one you liked most if having an Authentic is something that’s important to you. This is a method that has worked for me, personally, in the past and I’ve yet to have a Clone melt down on me or otherwise be unsafe, but that doesn’t mean I’m saying all clones are safe or just as good as the Authentic, I’m simply stating that I have done this before with no ill-effects up to this point ...there, hopefully that disclaimer will narrow the size of the bullseye I just put on myself, lol.

That’s awesome lol, and I actually don’t even know where to get clones lol, after watching a lot of videos my first RDA is probably gonna be the dead rabbit (watched like 3 hours of video all together), most sites have it for 30-35$ which is more then acceptable and I really like how easy the build deck is to use, especially having the positive posts gold and the negative stainless steel I feel for a beginning builder will just help a lot, I also really like that the air holes are higher up so you can fit more juice on it. On top of that, I like how it has a channel for the juice when sqounking (planning on picking up a Pulse BF box).

If you wouldn’t mind providing a website to get quality clones though it would be much appreciated ^.^

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That’s awesome lol, and I actually don’t even know where to get clones lol, after watching a lot of videos my first RDA is probably gonna be the dead rabbit (watched like 3 hours of video all together), most sites have it for 30-35$ which is more then acceptable and I really like how easy the build deck is to use, especially having the positive posts gold and the negative stainless steel I feel for a beginning builder will just help a lot, I also really like that the air holes are higher up so you can fit more juice on it. On top of that, I like how it has a channel for the juice when sqounking (planning on picking up a Pulse BF box).

If you wouldn’t mind providing a website to get quality clones though it would be much appreciated ^.^

Squonking with a Dead Rabbit, eh? Well...I can’t say there’s anything wrong with that considering what I’m using at this very moment, lol
4d07060657ec24a9e19e876fc691d70d.jpg
c7edf16e4ba0de3cac2c9b91bd775fdc.jpg
5e0a24304b6117f2d0904611c13d783c.jpg

And in case you were wondering...both the mod and the RDA are clones from Fasttech.com...$7.50 for the Dead Rabbit and $18.96 for the Frankenskull Squonk Box Mod...and I must say, I’m enjoying this setup quite a bit and the fact that the hit on my wallet was only $26.46 makes me like it even more, lol.
The only site I can vouch for with clones is Fasttech.com...the only other site I’ve used was 3fvape.com when I ordered a Doode RDA and it was a POS. The shipping takes about 2 weeks to get to the US, though, so, that’s a drawback. You might check some local shops...there are a couple of places that popped up under my radar where I’m at and was surprised to learn they only sell clones. I was kind of shocked considering a lot of the places around here are phasing clones out of their stock, but these places have a set price..every RDA they sell is $15...regardless of what it is. It’s about double the price of Fasttech, but you can’t beat instant gratification of being able to use what you bought immediately.

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where would you buy premade coils and what type of coils for cloud bro cloud, I’ve heard people love Clapton’s because they catch juice good and help keep the RDA from spitting on your mouth

I will be building my own wire, but a little later on. What I want in a coil is no ramp up time, I’ll be using an ijoy 20700 that came with my captain which I believe is 30a CDC (40a Pulse), so I was thinking a .15-.18 coil should be fine though I’d be fine with a .2

I bought a genuine Dead Rabbit and Pulse BF off GearBest.com for $50 total, the Pulse being a Mech mod I want to make sure I’m safe as blowing my fingers off would be fairly detrimental lol :p

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn’t know about premade coils...I’ve always built my own, so, never used them and the only thing I’ve really heard about them is from fellow builders talking about how they aren’t nearly as good as the handmade ones we make.
On my mechs I usually end up ohming out between .10-.12, but I use Nichrome 80 triple core Aliens, so, they run pretty low. Parallels run very well on mechs and they are pretty simple to put together...I used to use either two strands of 24ga N80 or SS316L or three strands of 26ga. The ramp up is pretty well nonexistent unless you use Kanthal and you get good clouds along with decent flavor.

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn’t know about premade coils...I’ve always built my own, so, never used them and the only thing I’ve really heard about them is from fellow builders talking about how they aren’t nearly as good as the handmade ones we make.
On my mechs I usually end up ohming out between .10-.12, but I use Nichrome 80 triple core Aliens, so, they run pretty low. Parallels run very well on mechs and they are pretty simple to put together...I used to use either two strands of 24ga N80 or SS316L or three strands of 26ga. The ramp up is pretty well nonexistent unless you use Kanthal and you get good clouds along with decent flavor.

I will be building my own coils in the future, but I have aloooot more research to do and I need a ohm reader, coil jig, all that stuff

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will be building my own coils in the future, but I have aloooot more research to do and I need a ohm reader, coil jig, all that stuff

Ohm reader, yes..coil jig, not so much. You can save your money on that and just use a set of precision screwdrivers. The 3mm screwdriver is perfect for coils or if you’re limited by the size of your build deck, the 2.4mm screwdriver works well, too.

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ohm reader, yes..coil jig, not so much. You can save your money on that and just use a set of precision screwdrivers. The 3mm screwdriver is perfect for coils or if you’re limited by the size of your build deck, the 2.4mm screwdriver works well, too.

Is there any other tools you would recommend? I’ve seen a few you tubers use a power drill to quickly do the outer wire on their coil?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My main coil building set that I keep at the house is pretty much this stuff:
9f0419738a82aa28e51f47ac00dfe5bf.jpg

-Needle Nose Pliers (Toothless)
-Blunt Tip Pliers
-Diagonal Pliers (aka side cutters/flush cut)
-Nylon tipped pliers (so as to not damage high gauge wrap wire)
9cbb818cfa642532cd590832b0ab6577.jpg

-Painters tape for securing cores together
-Scissors to cut the tape
-Tweezers - the funky shaped ones are good for helping getting wicks in position where the ceramic tipped ones are your for pinching and strumming coils to get them glowing evenly and to work out hot spots
-Different sizes from a precision screwdriver kit for wrapping coils around and for your RDA screws
-Collapsible scissors..easier to transport and the smaller scissors are easier for trimming/shaping cotton wicks
38af2da7f4d5c13e1b983a476b42c400.jpg

Obviously a drill, lol...for straightening wire and more complex builds (Clapton’s, fused Clapton’s, Aliens, Staggertons, etc)

Last edited:

Mista Malice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Dead Rabbit is Solid especially for the price for an Authentic! I haven’t tried not Squonking it yet, but it performs well in BF mode.

VU Sponsors