Become a Patron!

Help picking a Pen

Sporadic311

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all. This is my 1st post and I am kind of new to the vaping world. I bought a pen not knowing what I was doing 2 years ago and only used if for like 2 weeks total since then. Well the battery is out and its an older unit and want to order a new one. I have been doing some research and I know some basics.

What I want is a Pen vape kit. I want to keep it simple right now because like I said I might not use it that much and to me it is easy or seemed to be. I will be doing MTL hits. I open to DLH if the smoke is not satisfactory for me. I would like something that produces good clouds. A Sub-ohm that cab be used for MTL would be great. Here is my problem after searching for 2 days.

Most Pen Kits come with .5 ohm coils. I know ideal for MTL is 1.6 or 1.8. Also, I know that most pens can not be adjusted like the box style ones. If it is a fixed wattage I am not sure if it is correct to change the ohm coil that the pen comes with. Cheap is not what I am going for. I'd like to spend a little money for good build quality and something that will last. Here is what I have been looking at.

I really like the Kangertech Subvod Kit. Again, it comes with a .5 ohm coil and the battery voltage or wattage is fixed and not adjustable so I don't know if putting a 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coil in it would work or should be done. Now it does have the adjustable air flow which sounds great and might help get the MTL effect but I have read you go through battery life and Juice quicker.

The only other Pen I have found is the Innokin Endura T18 and comes with the 1.5 ohm coils. It is a little cheaper and might be just as good I'm not sure.

So if anyone has any other pen suggestions please let me know. Again, I really do not want to buy a box style battery and tank. Although I could do whatever I wanted to achieve with that im just not looking for that style right now. Sorry if I didn't make sense on some things or didn't use correct terms. I am at work and trying to knock out a post real quick.

Thanks!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors