Become a Patron!

Help picking new mod

Toohey13

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm wanting to buy a new mod have two aliensand love them but looking for something a little nicer have been looking at mechs, hexohm, the yihi I'm just very unsure of what to get any recommendations would be great

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm wanting to buy a new mod have two aliensand love them but looking for something a little nicer have been looking at mechs, hexohm, the yihi I'm just very unsure of what to get any recommendations would be great
Go with SX G Class and you will not have to buy more mods, high price but worth every penny. Go to the @Coval51 thread and you can read real life feedback from all us SX users.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go with SX G Class and you will not have to buy more mods, high price but worth every penny. Go to the @Coval51 thread and you can read real life feedback from all us SX users.

I would like to add I have bought 12 new mods over the last few months and yes they work but the SX G Class works way better. Stay away from the Predator...

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Want a hexohm v2? Got one for sale if that's the route you're going

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Can't beat lifetime warranty

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
First, the important questions...how do you normally vape? At 200 watts with a .07 ohm coil, 40 watts with a .5 ohm coil, 12 watts with a 1.5 ohm coil? These questions can help us get you the mod you need, rather than just spending money needlessly. For instance, while I love my Yihi G class, I will never, ever go over 50 watts (other than for testing purposes). Just want you to be able to get what you need. Also, do you normally vape variable wattage or temp control? While I would love you to spend your cash with us, I'd really rather see you get what you need, I have been known to send potential customers to other vendors.

Last edited:

Toohey13

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At work I run an alien with super tank at about 40 watts when I'm home I run dripper a usually between 70-100 watts, the coils in super are .2 and I think that's where my dripper is sitting as well, I prefer dripper but easier at work

Toohey13

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And yea I love both my aliens they work great but wanting something just a little nicer

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Someone posted a hohmwrecker g2 for 60$ earlier, if I didn't already have 2 I would have jumped on it, great mod.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
First, the important questions...how do you normally vape? At 200 watts with a .07 ohm coil, 40 watts with a .5 ohm coil, 12 watts with a 1.5 ohm coil? These questions can help us get you the mod you need, rather than just spending money needlessly. For instance, while I love my Yihi G class, I will never, ever go over 50 watts (other than for testing purposes). Just want you to be able to get what you need. Also, do you normally vape variable wattage or temp control? While I would love you to spend your cash with us, I'd really rather see you get what you need, I have been known to send potential customers to other vendors.
So refreshing to see someone asking the important questions instead of just throwing out the name of a device that they like!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Toohey13 and I hope you enjoy your stay! Not sure what color combinations you have with your Aliens but I thought my Golden Alien was the nicest until I got this one!

upload_2017-8-13_13-48-53.png

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hexohm slice is a great mod if your looking at hexohm, can vape Kanthal coils in TC & takes a 26650 battery.
I don't own any yihi mods so can't comment on them but they are supposed to be amongst the mods of high end mods. If you vape at 40 watts you have a very large selection of mods though.
The aliens are very good mods though, do you really need another mod??

Toohey13

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea I want another mod so I have more time to play with the recoil rda one of my aliens keeps a super tank at all times and the other a goon, I'm wanting to spend more time with the recoil to see if I'm doing something wrong or I just truly think it's awful compared to the goon

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We've ALL in in the exact same place..not needing but wanting really bad. Nothing wrong with that. View attachment 89328
I believe if you find what works get back ups but I didn't do that. I got loads of mods an tanks I don't even use & now I use one or two setups!
I believe if you have loads of setups why the hell not. It's just a bad move to have them gathering dust like mine are

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its an addictive life, orange just came in so didn't make the pic
1d7732efd5809e394a21c1c398a44ace.jpg
987fd2e49847b89c29e31369967ede97.jpg

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Btw that sx mini g class is gorgeous. What's the mod hiding with the nautilus 2 on top?? :)

The red Nautilus 2 on the left is sitting on an Innokin Kroma mod, and the stainless Nautilus 2 is sitting on a Provari Radius.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Certain mods get used everyday...the others, at least 2 days each week I try to get them all out for a walk and vape.

Last edited:

Toohey13

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I no longer use the regulateds...used the gpriv back in june while i was away

Only thing that scares me about going to a mech is I vape a lot and I see having to switch batteries a lot and figure that would get old after a while, only reason I haven't bought a mech

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only thing that scares me about going to a mech is I vape a lot and I see having to switch batteries a lot and figure that would get old after a while, only reason I haven't bought a mech
I always carry
57ad11278ded87acf4bc78a3f18a71b3.jpg

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

That's my biggest complaint about mechs. The continually weaker hits until the battery needs to be swapped out. I like the consistency from a good regulated mod. There sure are some nice mechs out right though, but they're not cheap.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The red Nautilus 2 on the left is sitting on an Innokin Kroma mod, and the stainless Nautilus 2 is sitting on a Provari Radius.
I'm after a kroma mod, I might get one on pay day. My mate owns a vape shop so I get discount :) heard good things about the slipstream that comes with it too!

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I vape a lot and I don't see having to switch batteries a lot.

View attachment 89384

View attachment 89385

View attachment 89386

As power in watts is equal to voltage times current draw, with a stacked setup, of course you're getting better battery life. However, every hit you take is weaker than the one you took previously because mechs don't have boost circuitry to keep voltage output to the atomizer constant as the batteries drain. Also, you have zero protections available on a mech besides your own common sense. I have watched people vaping with a glove on because their mod was so hot they could not hold on to it without a glove on their hand. Rather than rebuild to something that doesn't draw as much current (amps), they keep vaping until the batteries vent. It's a very common occurrence in the mech world. At least here in Texas it is.
In the end, the important thing is that no matter how you like to vape and what you like to vape with, there is something out there for everyone. Vape what makes YOU happy and keeps you away from the coffin nails that we all used to love so much. Whether it's with a mech, variable wattage regulated, or temp control regulated.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm after a kroma mod, I might get one on pay day. My mate owns a vape shop so I get discount :) heard good things about the slipstream that comes with it too!

I'm a big fan of all of Innokin's mods. They all work quite well in both variable wattage and temp control. As for the Slipstream tank, it works well but the flavor is just not there compared to some of the other tanks I use so I have chosen to retire mine. It vapes well, but with the top airflow I have noticed the flavor of the juice is muted a bit, not much but just a little.
dis won kroma artisan.jpg Kroma and Nautilus 2.jpg

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a big fan of all of Innokin's mods. They all work quite well in both variable wattage and temp control. As for the Slipstream tank, it works well but the flavor is just not there compared to some of the other tanks I use so I have chosen to retire mine. It vapes well, but with the top airflow I have noticed the flavor of the juice is muted a bit, not much but just a little.
View attachment 89409 View attachment 89410
Big fan of the nautilus line :)

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Big fan of the nautilus line :)

Same here, I wasn't until I tried the Nautlilus 2 with the .7 ohm BVC coils but that setup is a great vape. That red Nautilus looks good on the Kroma too IMO. Not a perfect match but close enough for my half blind eyes LOL. Tiny little thing too.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here, I wasn't until I tried the Nautlilus 2 with the .7 ohm BVC coils but that setup is a great vape. That red Nautilus looks good on the Kroma too IMO. Not a perfect match but close enough for my half blind eyes LOL. Tiny little thing too.
My Nautilus 2 is on a nx100 & the mod can fit 25mm tanks so it looks tiny but I agree the .7 coils are great but I've been a fan since the original nautilus!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As power in watts is equal to voltage times current draw, with a stacked setup, of course you're getting better battery life. However, every hit you take is weaker than the one you took previously because mechs don't have boost circuitry to keep voltage output to the atomizer constant as the batteries drain. Also, you have zero protections available on a mech besides your own common sense. I have watched people vaping with a glove on because their mod was so hot they could not hold on to it without a glove on their hand. Rather than rebuild to something that doesn't draw as much current (amps), they keep vaping until the batteries vent. It's a very common occurrence in the mech world. At least here in Texas it is.
In the end, the important thing is that no matter how you like to vape and what you like to vape with, there is something out there for everyone. Vape what makes YOU happy and keeps you away from the coffin nails that we all used to love so much. Whether it's with a mech, variable wattage regulated, or temp control regulated.
Well I have a fused clapton 27g Kanthal A1 / 38g Nichrome80, 3mm inner diameter, 6 wraps, dual coil build that ohms out at .28 ohms in my Purge Mods Head Shot RDA that's on top of my brass XXX stack in the picture I posted. You'd have to feel it for yourself to be able to understand how this thing vapes, but part of the trick here is you can actually compensate for the lack of boost circuitry by adjusting both the strength and the duration of your draw in such a way that you increase the strength at a certain rate that 1/ changes fairly significantly during the draw in order to take optimal advantage of the ramp up of the coils, etc., and that 2/ is also highly dependent of how hard the batteries are still hitting─all of which requires you to be able to actually feel the strength of vapor production itself, how this strength behaves during the draw as well as how this behavior gradually changes over time so you can then automatically adapt to it by changing how you draw. So it definitely takes some (or a lot of) getting used to, and it is also a sacrifice still nevertheless, but you're getting something in return you either like or don't like. Personally, I, just can't get enough of it.The Head Shot RDA shoots juice onto the coils. (No, I'm not kidding you... the airflow arrives at the coils from a lateral angle instead of being perpendicular to the coils.)

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well I have a fused clapton 27g Kanthal A1 / 38g Nichrome80, 3mm inner diameter, 6 wraps, dual coil build that ohms out at .28 ohms in my Purge Mods Head Shot RDA that's on top of my brass XXX stack in the picture I posted. You'd have to feel it for yourself to be able to understand how this thing vapes, but part of the trick here is you can actually compensate for the lack of boost circuitry by adjusting both the strength and the duration of your draw in such a way that you increase the strength at a certain rate that 1/ changes fairly significantly during the draw in order to take optimal advantage of the ramp up of the coils, etc., and that 2/ is also highly dependent of how hard the batteries are still hitting─all of which requires you to be able to actually feel the strength of vapor production itself, how this strength behaves during the draw as well as how this behavior gradually changes over time so you can then automatically adapt to it by changing how you draw. So it definitely takes some (or a lot of) getting used to, and it is also a sacrifice still nevertheless, but you're getting something in return you either like or don't like. Personally, I, just can't get enough of it.The Head Shot RDA shoots juice onto the coils. (No, I'm not kidding you... the airflow arrives at the coils from a lateral angle instead of being perpendicular to the coils.)

Vaping with a mech I do find to be a more involved and intimate (that sounded weird) experience. It is very enjoyable but nowadays I'm just old and lazy. Building is enough for me. When vaping I like to just grab it and hit it and get a good vape. There are so many parameters involved in vaping unregulated as you mentioned, how hard you draw, how much airflow is available, how much actual metal must be heated up which affects ramp up, etc. I still have a couple mechs which do get used, just nowhere near as much as they used to. I did check out the Purge line at a local shop here and they sure are nicely made.

Anybody remember this old beast from back in 2013?

V3 flip and azores.jpg

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
LMAO! Now that would make for an intimate vaping experience. Is Google translate really that bad...or are they serious...these days, you just don't know.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LMAO! Now that would make for an intimate vaping experience. Is Google translate really that bad...or are they serious...these days, you just don't know.
I know it might sound crazy, but I'm quite certain that they're serious. I was told that in the U.S. the manufacturers are held responsible if something bad happens due to misuse of a product if there were no clear warning signs because then the end user can say he/she didn't know about it.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Oh, I believe it. Nothing surprises me anymore. Wonder what kind of build would work best for that? Don't want it to get too hot...and what about airflow to your coils LOL!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I believe it. Nothing surprises me anymore. Wonder what kind of build would work best for that? Don't want it to get too hot...and what about airflow to your coils LOL!
Horizontal build with bottom airflow. But to get the most juice from between the cotton sheets you need to be a pro fluffer. :giggle:

VU Sponsors