Become a Patron!

Help picking settings for temp control.

Redchigh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally have my mod and tank (ti-1 coil that came with my tfv4 tank, on a ipv5)

Right now I'm on 320F and 60.5 joules, but still playing around with it.

Any suggestions? Should I keep both air valves open? There's valves on the base and on the tip. I'm keeping the tip ones closed and the base ones almost completely closed. Alternatively, I also like 520 and 90 joules with all the air open, but figure that lower setting will save battery.

Any suggestions? Looking for a balance between flavor and clouds, but also looking to experiment with both :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I finally have my mod and tank (ti-1 coil that came with my tfv4 tank, on a ipv5)

Right now I'm on 320F and 60.5 joules, but still playing around with it.

Any suggestions? Should I keep both air valves open? There's valves on the base and on the tip. I'm keeping the tip ones closed and the base ones almost completely closed. Alternatively, I also like 520 and 90 joules with all the air open, but figure that lower setting will save battery.

Any suggestions? Looking for a balance between flavor and clouds, but also looking to experiment with both :)
The best setting is what works best for you....everyone is different, there is no absolute settings using TC.

Good luck with your new mod, I hope you like TC.

Redchigh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The best setting is what works best for you....everyone is different, there is no absolute settings using TC.

Good luck with your new mod, I hope you like TC.
Thanks. Even if I end up not caring for TC, its a 200W and tank is rebuildable so I'll be busy for a while. :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I set my air so that it provides the draw resistance I want to Feel. Temperature and wattage/voltage I start low and work my way up. I dont really like the juice consumption of Ni or Ti, or the vape really. So I TC with stainless..... with that I decide the temp and power for TC by starting with the levels I use when vaping the same build in either my Mechs or VW mode.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks. Even if I end up not caring for TC, its a 200W and tank is rebuildable so I'll be busy for a while. :)
It's up to you, 320 sounds low. most people start at 400 and work up until they get what they want.
also don't fire that Ti coil in watt mode. Ni200 and Ti wire can only be used in TC mode
The IPV5 is a solid mod for sure and the TFV4 is a great tank. nice setup!

Redchigh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The IPV5 is a solid mod for sure and the TFV4 is a great tank. nice setup!

Yeah man. I think I just had a virgin throat. Im on a SS coil now, in wattage mode... .34 ohms at 70-80 watts so that 320 would be low for me too, now.

I got the whole setup- charger, batts, Ipv5, tfv4, 3 rebuildable decks, 5 factory coils, a little ti, nichrome, and Kanthal wire, wicks, and 30ml of fluid for right at $90. Piecemealed it used. Bought the ipv5 here on the forums. :)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah man. I think I just had a virgin throat. Im on a SS coil now, in wattage mode... .34 ohms at 70-80 watts so that 320 would be low for me too, now.

I got the whole setup- charger, batts, Ipv5, tfv4, 3 rebuildable decks, 5 factory coils, a little ti, nichrome, and Kanthal wire, wicks, and 30ml of fluid for right at $90. Piecemealed it used. Bought the ipv5 here on the forums. :)
Nice

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors