Become a Patron!

help please

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Out of no where my subox mini with a rda coiled at .3 ohms starts telling me temp high. So I recoil it, I got coil 1 of the 2 coils on it and I'm testing it to make sure I'll hit planned ohms (.3). The single coil is at .6 ohms but after a second or two it says temp high again. Wtf is going on?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Out of no where my subox mini with a rda coiled at .3 ohms starts telling me temp high. So I recoil it, I got coil 1 of the 2 coils on it and I'm testing it to make sure I'll hit planned ohms (.3). The single coil is at .6 ohms but after a second or two it says temp high again. Wtf is going on?
Is it new? I'm thinking malfunction. Try another topper?

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using it a month no problems. Just put the subtank on it and it's doing the same thing.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tested the subtank with a standard OEM coil to ensure the box itself is not malfunctioning? I have had one RBA deck go bad on me for no reason. Perhaps this is the case

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried the tank that came with the subox as well with a oem atomizer, I tried with the rba on the oem tank, and with a rda. All do the same thing. Even if I use the lower power 1.5 ohm oem atomizer on the oem tank.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check all connections clean clean clean...if that doesn't work, you might have a defective box. :/

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I cleaned everything up. Didn't take the mod apart because I'm hoping warranty will cover it, but I hear kanger is horrible with customer service.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I cleaned everything up. Didn't take the mod apart because I'm hoping warranty will cover it, but I hear kanger is horrible with customer service.
Check with the vendor, I know it's been 30 days but who knows, maybe they'll work with you.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's my only carry mod. All my other are to nice or too weak to use while mobile. Might just go to to a stick style mechanical mod next. Less crap to fail.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you contacted the company you purchased it from before taking the stance that Kanger is horrible with customer service?

Out of curiosity, how did they treat you with your last warranty claim ?

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you contacted the company you purchased it from before taking the stance that Kanger is horrible with customer service?

Out of curiosity, how did they treat you with your last warranty claim ?

I've only heard bad things about kanger. I email them once about a issue on a different item before and never got a response. As far as the vendor I made my purchase from.... I'm still trying to figure out who that is. Lol I make a lot of online orders. No telling where I got this from.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol just found my invoice. I received my item on the 24th of last month. I emailed them. We will see.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel your pain, trust me I do. I forgot many a places I have ordered my stuff from about 500 times. So I started making a list...and add the discount codes too...

6A33EBF8-3BB9-4A5E-9DDE-319057D7927C-29904-000007127FD68DCD_zpscsrfvtni.jpg

Understand that kanger is a multi national global corporation. Contacting them almost doesn't even seem right for this situation. As strange as that is to say, I dont call Chrysler when I have an issue with my Jeep. I just call a mechanic or the place I got it from.

Most email accounts have a search option, yahoo mail can go back years in time searching for one key word. Same with google. Perhaps you might be able to search your emails for who you got it from.

wish you the best of luck, I <3 my suboxes and would be sad If even one of them got the case of the dumb ass like yours seems to have

B2C6D2F9-1B02-4F44-B9DB-9EDCD2C40E1A-30551-000007B7A7B300D3_zps2hxb574d.jpg

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK It may be operator error. I decided to tackle the issues again.
I recoiled from the start because of this issue. But my coils and cotton where over a week old and getting rugged.
My new coil and cotton was built the same way but I went lighter on the cotton; thus probably creating extra heat.
Then testing my coils without cotton of course was very hot.
Then with only a few min cooling I was testing oem stuff, probably not cooled enuff. So I just spun another set of coils at .3 ohms on the same rda (mutation x clone) and went super thick with the cotton. The mod is getting hot still but it always has a bit at .3 but it's not "high temping" out. Let me also mention I'm using a 9/8 wrap with 24 awg with a 3mm id to get .3 and I'm running my mod maxed out at 50 watts.
Maybe I should go back to 26 awg with 5/4wraps and a 2mm id to get .3.
I think it's just to much for this Lil guy.
But I already order a tesla hybrid.
Now I feel like a double dumbass. Lol
But I got a new toy coming. Don't own a hybrid yet.
Yall think my prediction is right? Pushing my mini to hard?

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try putting it at half that.

Ebony is at 24w and Ivory is at 23w....both freaking perfect, consider easing up on the throttle there and see if you can stop spinning your tires :)

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My problem is I love hot vape. Doesn't even have to be a huge cloud. So my home units I vape 100 to 200 watts .15 and lower with authentic rdas and vents damn near closed. So I think I just kept pushing my travel mod further and further until this. It works on this set up, but I can't hit it 6 times in a row. Just to hot for the mod. I think 26 awg will probably be the sweet spot. I don't think I'll find happiness on any rda at under 50 watts though.my rba runs well at 30 to 35, but I just don't get enuff flavor from the rbas I've tried in comparison to a rda. Wish I did.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel your pain, trust me I do. I forgot many a places I have ordered my stuff from about 500 times. So I started making a list...and add the discount codes too...

6A33EBF8-3BB9-4A5E-9DDE-319057D7927C-29904-000007127FD68DCD_zpscsrfvtni.jpg

Understand that kanger is a multi national global corporation. Contacting them almost doesn't even seem right for this situation. As strange as that is to say, I dont call Chrysler when I have an issue with my Jeep. I just call a mechanic or the place I got it from.

Most email accounts have a search option, yahoo mail can go back years in time searching for one key word. Same with google. Perhaps you might be able to search your emails for who you got it from.

wish you the best of luck, I <3 my suboxes and would be sad If even one of them got the case of the dumb ass like yours seems to have

B2C6D2F9-1B02-4F44-B9DB-9EDCD2C40E1A-30551-000007B7A7B300D3_zps2hxb574d.jpg
That's leaving evidence for my wife to find. Lol
I hunt,fish,collect firearms,and for the last 2 months vape. My wife isn't allowed to see how much I spend on my hobbies or I won't be able to bitch about her shopping sprees.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol exactly! She told me yesterday she needs a bigger shoe rack. I'll put this photo of the fridge, thanks.
And kanger emailed me back already basically saying they are to big to deal with me so we will see how my retailer does. I'll inform them of my new knowledge, but I'll wait to see how they handle my first email. Price is second to customer service imo.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You still dont call the main Chrysler HQ when u have an electrical issue with your car...

There are appropriate measures to take when having problems like this. You claim you are new to this, but you act like you didn't come here to ask a question.

You have fun with ur new hobby, there is a lot of good information here on VU, all you have to do is look for it ;)

Last edited:

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When my $1000 surround sound receiver went out I called sony, shipped it to Sony to fix. When my bose speakers blew, they got sent back to bose. So in some circumstances your theory is wrong. Some companies back their items warranty in house.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK so here is the latest. The mod kills my battery over night without anything attached to it. So it does still have a problem. So I contacted my retailer as kwtony said was it was the proper way of handling things, at which time my retailer sent me a link for kangers return support. So now it appears nobody want to support their products. I replied back to my retailer with the email I got from kanger. So we shall see what happens. Hopefully something gets done or this will be my 2nd kanger product collecting dust that the manufacturer nor the retailer wants to deal with, which leads me to believe kanger support does sick for just customers but retailers alike.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes. Atlas when it's cheap American shit, I have someone in support I can talk to that speaks english....... or wait.... maybe not. For a 50 watt kit, it really isn't all that cheap in terms of monetary value. So I kind of expected a decent product. I'm guessing they didn't build it to actually handle the specs it listed it is capable of. By that I mean I ran it daily at .3 ohms and 50 watts.
It's more of a .5 ohm at 40 watt kind of build. That's what is making it a cheap pos. If your mod can't take the heat (literally) then don't list it's abilities to a zone it will burn up.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm saying your mod was defective, I don't think they all are.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My vendor was cloudy conditions on amazon. I don't think it was defective as it ran for a month perfect. I think running it maxed out at .3 ohms and 50 watts was just to much. The first problem was a "temp high" cutoff kept happening, then the battery drain issue soon after. The data sheet shows it is capable of that power, but it (in my experience) isn't capable of it for long periods. If I do get this worked out I'll poll not build lower than .5 ohms again and probably try to run it at 40 watts. Just find the smallest rda I can find and build with 26 or 28 awg.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My vendor was cloudy conditions on amazon. I don't think it was defective as it ran for a month perfect. I think running it maxed out at .3 ohms and 50 watts was just to much. The first problem was a "temp high" cutoff kept happening, then the battery drain issue soon after. The data sheet shows it is capable of that power, but it (in my experience) isn't capable of it for long periods. If I do get this worked out I'll poll not build lower than .5 ohms again and probably try to run it at 40 watts. Just find the smallest rda I can find and build with 26 or 28 awg.
If the device is listed as a 50w device it should be able to run at 50w. Sometimes things work for a while then suddenly something goes to hell

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK well they finally received my item and opened the box etc... They (kangertechusa) is waiting on a shipment of sobox replacements. Lol common now really? They say it will be at least 2 weeks. Wtf. OK whatever. But, they keep calling my subox a kbox and I keep correcting them and then they respond with.

Hello Justin,

We know what you have. It is the Subox mini KBox, the Mod, not the tank. That is how we differentiate the two items. It is not the tank, with the problem, it is the box.

Best regards,

Lol
Why not differentiate the items by calling them by name?
Kbox is a mod
Subox is a mod
Subang is a tank
Etc...
This is so dumb.
I just bought a ipv d2 today to replace what this mod was in my arsenal. If kanger didn't have such a issue with warranty work,customer service, eta on warranty returns, I would had just got another subox (subox mini kbox) lol. I bought the ipv because I was told they set the bar for customer service and warranty issues and that is by far more important than having a great item with the opposite. I shall keep yall informed on how this turns out. I don't have much faith and my fingers are hurting from writing 50 emails back and forth to get this far. Half way done

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK they have sent me a package. No email about if it was fixed,replaced, or what; just that they are sending me a package. We are pretty close to a one month turn arround. I guess that's not horrible being they got the rma like 7 or 8 days ago. It's the entire process to get the package to them that was a pain. Well what comes back in that box will determine if I ever even debate on buying another kanger product. I'll be pissed if they sent my broke one back without contacting me first. They seemed really confused on the issues I was having from the start. Hell they seem really confused on everything.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got it today. Exactly one month turn around. I don't consider that good at all. But atleast it's done.

Hello everyone,

I have been using KBOX 70 for around 7 months. I have the problem now that after every one or two firing it starts to show "temp high". I dismantled and cleaned everything thinking that will work but it has the same problem.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this as its been a bit annoying. Sometimes it wont fire at all.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't believe I read this whole thread, and d2f didn't bother posting after he got the package. God damned disappointed :gaah:

VU Sponsors