Become a Patron!

Help please!

drew83

Member For 4 Years
Ok, so i have managed to kill my ego one Mega tank.

Long story short, it jammed, i used pliers, thread is knackered.

So until i can get to a vape shop and get a new tank i am going to have to revert to my aspire bdc tank.

Now it has been a long time since i used it so will meed to grab a new coil which is fine.

But running it on my istick 40w tc, what watts should i be looking to run the 1.8 ohm coils at without them burning out?

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Nautilus Mini with 1.8 Ohm Atomizer is suggested to be run at 9W to 13W. I have heard of people running them higher. Hope that helps you out.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
No higher than 12w.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also depends on your e-Liquid VG/PG percentage and I find that fruit flavors taste better at a lower wattage than a Tobacco. But that is just my personal preference and whatever works for you!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree with @f1r3b1rd I would start with a lower wattage (especially with a new coil and slowly work your way up until you find the "happy place" in wattage. Don't forget to prime the coil!

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lower wattage works best for me, too. Usually between 10-12 is my sweet spot. Agree with Steve on the fruit flavors.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since the weather is warming up I am running a lower wattage then since I thought I found my sweet spot. Considerably lower. On cooler days I notice I need to crank it up when outside.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey Pipug just noticed your a New Member so a big Hearty Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay on the :vu:

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you left that other forum and came here feel free to hit the thread for an ECF Refugee Badge!

VU Sponsors