Become a Patron!

Help plz

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi new to vaping about 2 weeks in. The first setup i had actually got stolen out of my car. The tank was a melo mini. Anyway wentt back to the vap store the owner took pitty on me and hooked up with hos personal smok alien 220w and i only had to buy a new tank. The tank i got is the cleito 120 from aspire. I love the set up but the tank itself i am having all kinds of prob with. It leaks alot i watched many videos on how to pervent this so i know i am filling it up correctly.

Sorry anyway my question is what tanks would work with the smok alien 220. Witch do u prefer ?? Im trying to quit smoking i went from a pack and a half a day to 3 cigs a day. Thats why for mw it was worth buying a whole new set up. Im just having issues with the tank love the 220w tho any suggestions guys.

Ps. Something i am confused about is the rig can be turned up to 220w but the coil says 120w.... Thank u sorry about the book up there

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I doubt youll vape anything at 220watts and especially out of that tank...Manufacturers claims of power in both mods and coils should be taken with a grain of salt...Not very many actually do the power they claim and in most cases with pre made coils they burn up rather quickly using them at there max rated power.

It takes a considerable amount of air flow to vape at over 100Watts..Ive never tried that particular tank but it doesn't look to have the air flow needed to vape at super high power...I could be wrong though...I would estimate that tank to be good for maybe 75 to 80 watts before it gets way too hot to enjoy...I would consider power someplace in the middle unless you want to go through coils like crazy.

Staying off the smokes has nothing to do with super high power and super subohming...With the proper juice you can quit using 10 watts of power...If you are getting caught up in the amount of clouds you can produce then its a different ball game all together.

Are you using a high content of nic in your ejuice?..If its more than maybe 1.5 to 3% youre going to do nothing but make yourself sick with that kind of power.

Are you using trustfire 75amp 5000mah 18650 batteries?..If you are, your in danger at that kind of power.

can you tell us more about what youre after to keep you off the smokes?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the Smok Baby Beast on my Aliens with the T8 coil. Vapenw.com has the BB for $16.00. The wattage range stamped on the coil is the suggested operating range for the best performance for that ohm coil. My coils are rated for 60-80 watts, but I run them at 55 watts. That's my "sweet spot" where the flavor and vapor production are right for me. Start at a lower wattage and work your way up until it is best for you.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I doubt youll vape anything at 220watts and especially out of that tank...Manufacturers claims of power in both mods and coils should be taken with a grain of salt...Not very many actually do the power they claim and in most cases with pre made coils they burn up rather quickly using them at there max rated power.

It takes a considerable amount of air flow to vape at over 100Watts..Ive never tried that particular tank but it doesn't look to have the air flow needed to vape at super high power...I could be wrong though...I would estimate that tank to be good for maybe 75 to 80 watts before it gets way too hot to enjoy...I would consider power someplace in the middle unless you want to go through coils like crazy.

Staying off the smokes has nothing to do with super high power and super subohming...With the proper juice you can quit using 10 watts of power...If you are getting caught up in the amount of clouds you can produce then its a different ball game all together.

Are you using a high content of nic in your ejuice?..If its more than maybe 1.5 to 3% youre going to do nothing but make yourself sick with that kind of power.

Are you using trustfire 75amp 5000mah 18650 batteries?..If you are, your in danger at that kind of power.

O i am sorry let me be more clear. Heck no i dont use that much power lol i would feel faint im sure at 80w lol dont laugh at me i was just wondwring why one said 220w and the guy who owns the shop suggested a tank with 120w . currently i sit at 40w i use a mix of the same flavor for my nic level. One 24 and the other 6 mixed together. The tank is what im having a prob with tbh. Sorry if my post was everywhere

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I use the Smok Baby Beast on my Aliens with the T8 coil. Vapenw.com has the BB for $16.00. The wattage range stamped on the coil is the suggested operating range for the best performance for that ohm coil. My coils are rated for 60-80 watts, but I run them at 55 watts. That's my "sweet spot" where the flavor and vapor production are right for me. Start at a lower wattage and work your way up until it is best for you.
I have looked into it a bit because i would like to replace the tank. I see good things about the big baby

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Clieto 120 is a very popular tank, and a very good one from what I've read. Maybe you are missing an o-ring, or it's not screwed together tight enough? Of course, you could've gotten a dud tank. It happens, unfortunately.

On the wattage thing, the max listed on a coil is exactly that: the MAX. You will usually find your bliss well below the max.
The Alien will actually put out 220w with the right build and batteries. It isn't really necessary for most vapers, but there's always "that guy/gal" who has to have it, lol. I have 3 Aliens, and stay below 130w. I don't enjoy a hot vape.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Clieto 120 is a very popular tank, and a very good one from what I've read. Maybe you are missing an o-ring, or it's not screwed together tight enough? Of course, you could've gotten a dud tank. It happens, unfortunately.

On the wattage thing, the max listed on a coil is exactly that: the MAX. You will usually find your bliss well below the max.
The Alien will actually put out 220w with the right build and batteries. It isn't really necessary for most vapers, but there's always "that guy/gal" who has to have it, lol. I have 3 Aliens, and stay below 130w. I don't enjoy a hot vape.
I actually love the alien the first one i had was the istick pico i thought i loved that untill this guy came around. Now for what u suggested the first coil leaked on my first fill up. It had the 3 yellow rings and was screwed super tight i could barly get it off. I quickly switched over to the new coil and it seems to be leaking less but still leaking when i fill the tank. Its enough to be a noticeable loss in juice. Thank you for your time

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like you have a pretty helpful vape shop...Maybe he can be of more help than we are, since he can actually have it in his hands and check it out.
Hope you get it sorted out.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have looked into it a bit because i would like to replace the tank. I see good things about the big baby
I've seen a lot of posts about big baby leaking. Same as any tank, if it leaks, it is better to find out why and fix it.
Usually... a leaky tank is a case where the coil is not mounted in perfectly straight.. a small cross thread or not tightened down enough will cause a leak. Not having the coil centered in the chimney will also leak. Filling with the air flow open can also cause leaks. In most cases, the A#1 never fail fix is to strip apart the tank, clean and carefully reassemble making sure everything is lined up and your seals are not twisted. Unless there is actual physical damage to the tank or coil, this should work 100% of the time.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've seen a lot of posts about big baby leaking. Same as any tank, if it leaks, it is better to find out why and fix it.
Usually... a leaky tank is a case where the coil is not mounted in perfectly straight.. a small cross thread or not tightened down enough will cause a leak. Not having the coil centered in the chimney will also leak. Filling with the air flow open can also cause leaks. In most cases, the A#1 never fail fix is to strip apart the tank, clean and carefully reassemble making sure everything is lined up and your seals are not twisted. Unless there is actual physical damage to the tank or coil, this should work 100% of the time.
I have literally teied it all including replacing the coil and glass. I lost a half tank of juice today at work smh

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have literally teied it all including replacing the coil and glass. I lost a half tank of juice today at work smh
Well if you tried the full rebuild, take the tank back to the vendor, you might have gotten a dud from the factory. It happens sometimes.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@gbalkam i did stop into my local vendor they kinda acted like tgey could not do anything. He was like well man i have hurd this a few times im going to call the vendor. Kinda pissed me off. Anyway just a quick update for all the guys who helped me out. I did receive the big baby beast and i could not be happier. Like i cant believe it. The flavor the ☁ production its amazing 5 star star star. So happy i orded extra coils right away im in love

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Mike and the rest of you guys i just wanted to say thanks for taking a sec to help me out over the last week or so. I think i have found the right set up for me. Thank you all

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome...what did you end up with?

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Awesome...what did you end up with?
I ended up with the big baby beast using the q4 coils i could not be happier. There is no comparison in my mind the asprie clieto 120 does not hold up well to the big baby. The flavor of the baby is so tense i can tast actually tast the watermelons in my juice lol. I have to admit if the big baby didmt work out i prob woild have ended up quitting. I put alot of money into getting the set up i need so when i started having probs with the 120 i felt like hope was lost. But i could not be hace written a better ending im so happy with the tank i wish i could get the whole group one 5 stars easy

VU Sponsors