Become a Patron!

Help & recipes for people that can't taste strawberry flavors.

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vanilla Swirl is the diketone-free version of their Vanilla Custard; it's very good. Sweet, and though perhaps not as custardy as the original, there's something more going on than "plain vanilla". To get a real custard taste and maintain zero diketones, combine it with TFA DX Bavarian, say about 4 or 5 % of each. I have TFA Whipped Cream; didn't know they made a vanilla whipped cream. It's very light, but tasty, and also diketone-free, but does contain triacetin, if you care. Supposely that's a fairly inert substance.

Andria

Omg was asking Heabob!!

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wasn't aware it was a private conversation; I thought this was a public forum.

Andria

Dude, you weren't aware is very obvious.. If I'm talking to you, I'll talk into your bubble. Clearly I was talking to Heabob about his recipe asking his advice for substitutions.. I wasn't asking for advice on if van swirl is a vanilla custard or diketone free ..cuz I don't care about diketones!! Just because it's a public forum doesn't mean everyone is talking to you.. stay in your lane Andria plzzz.;)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dude, you weren't aware is very obvious.. If I'm talking to you, I'll talk into your bubble. Clearly I was talking to Heabob about his recipe asking his advice for substitutions.. I wasn't asking for advice on if van swirl is a vanilla custard or diketone free ..cuz I don't care about diketones!! Just because it's a public forum doesn't mean everyone is talking to you.. stay in your lane Andria plzzz.;)

No problem; that's what they make the @ignore button for.

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

:crazy:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got Madagascar bourbon vanilla ( tpa)
And van swirl van whipped cream French van cream ?? All tpa any advice for that straw biscuit?
I have flv' s straw smash and alpine straw.. any experience w those?

No idea on the FLV Alpine SB but I'd start with:

2% FLV Alpine SB (This one may need adjusting depending on strength and steep time needed)
1% INW Biscuit
2% TFA Vanilla Swirl (2% French Van Cream might be interesting too but I've only tried the CAP version)
(or just pick 2 different Vanilla's and try with 1% of each to start)

Some have a higher sensitivity to Vanilla's so sometimes a bit of experimenting is needed.

As a side note you may need to go a little higher with those Vanilla's as I don't think they're quite as potent as INW.

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No idea on the FLV Alpine SB but I'd start with:

2% FLV Alpine SB (This one may need adjusting depending on strength and steep time needed)
1% INW Biscuit
2% TFA Vanilla Swirl (2% French Van Cream might be interesting too but I've only tried the CAP version)
(or just pick 2 different Vanilla's and try with 1% of each to start)

Some have a higher sensitivity to Vanilla's so sometimes a bit of experimenting is needed.

As a side note you may need to go a little higher with those Vanilla's as I don't think they're quite as potent as INW.

Tyvvm I think you're absolutely spot on, not many are as potent as Inw anything right? Very much appreciate your feedback! I'm making it now and I'll let u know.. steeping few wk?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
IMHO FLV Alpine Strawberry is best at a very low percentage. Like one or two FLV bottle drops in a 10 ml mix max. That's 0.2% to 0.4%. Check out the recipes on this page by @Smoky Blue http://flvfan.com/alpine-strawberry/ The Alpine Strawberry Mousse is delish. Just takes a few days for the molecules to get the party started.

Alpine Strawberry is expensive, but if you use it at low percentages you could make 7 liters or so of juice with that 15 ml bottle. It makes the price a little easier to handle.

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMHO FLV Alpine Strawberry is best at a very low percentage. Like one or two FLV bottle drops in a 10 ml mix max. That's 0.2% to 0.4%. Check out the recipes on this page by @Smoky Blue http://flvfan.com/alpine-strawberry/ The Alpine Strawberry Mousse is delish. Just takes a few days for the molecules to get the party started.

Alpine Strawberry is expensive, but if you use it at low percentages you could make 7 liters or so of juice with that 15 ml bottle. It makes the price a little easier to handle.

Tyvvm! What an awesome site! I have almost 20 Flavorah's and that site is great! I don't have all of any one recipe uuugh but what's new, haaa! I'll try to sub w what I have but that's more Flv info in one place than I've ever found before I do appreciate it!!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

PM if you want to privately ask a question - on VU everyone is free to answer even if the question was directed at another

If you don't like the answer, ignore it

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PM if you want to privately ask a question - on VU everyone is free to answer even if the question was directed at another

If you don't like the answer, ignore it

Lol who are you the VU police? I don't need any policing or told what to do or not to do. This has been done and over for some time..lol.. not really sure if you're Sherriff or something but because I'm nice and working on my ppl skills I'm gonna chalk this up to you're going through things right now and I'm an easy target.. but for future reference, you can stay in your lane too plzz and ty. Have a great evening

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Agreed: serious :bs:

I agree, and more than a trifle rude. But thankfully there's that ignore button, so I won't have to endure any further of his rudeness.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I agree, and more than a trifle rude. But thankfully there's that ignore button, so I won't have to endure any further of his rudeness.

Andria

Damn bippy

But just right for trying Squonk's Strawberry Icecream recipe - in a squonker of course :)

Pretty tasty, 11 day steep

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol who are you the VU police? I don't need any policing or told what to do or not to do. This has been done and over for some time..lol.. not really sure if you're Sherriff or something but because I'm nice and working on my ppl skills I'm gonna chalk this up to you're going through things right now and I'm an easy target.. but for future reference, you can stay in your lane too plzz and ty. Have a great evening

Your people skills suck. Your logic skills aren't much better. You wrote, "stay in your lane Andria plzzz", and berated her for responding. Then you tell Lucy "I don't need any policing or told what to do or not to do." Lucy simply explained to you how the forum works, not what you should or shouldn't do. She was being helpful in doing so, yet you then tell her what to do as well.

So, you can tell others what to do, but others can't tell you? You're not bright enough to see this nor your contradiction in logic.

You're a dimwitted jerk.

Feel free to reply and tell me what to do.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your people skills suck. Your logic skills aren't much better. You wrote, "stay in your lane Andria plzzz", and berated her for responding. Then you tell Lucy "I don't need any policing or told what to do or not to do." Lucy simply explained to you how the forum works, not what you should or shouldn't do. She was being helpful in doing so, yet you then tell her what to do as well.

So, you can tell others what to do, but others can't tell you? You're not bright enough to see this nor your contradiction in logic.

You're a dimwitted jerk.

What's really amusing is that in an earlier post, he said he didn't want to make me angry... well, that was obviously a plain old-fashioned LIE. I'd say "dimwitted jerk" is right on the money -- when I said I was an *emphatic* person, he seemed to think I said "empathic". :giggle: :giggle: I'm that too, actually, but I didn't say that, I said "emphatic."

Literacy counts. ;)

Andria

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I

You're a dimwitted jerk.

I can see your point and admit when I'm wrong and you're right my ppl skills do suck but so I'll just wait for the rest of VU to get their chance to talk shit because it wasn't enough that beef was settled and it needn't be brought back up again but never the less.. plz everyone speak your mind. I know I'm new and they're not but you all know dam well Andria is all over the place answering every fkn thing and sometimes she completely misses the mark. I was too quick to jump on her but I was frustrated about it happening several times.. but, yes I did tell her what to do so it should've been ok to tell me what to do. But after it was said and done why stroke that fire at all?? I know everyone can answer anything but common sense says if I'm asking someone about their recipe I'm talking to them.. I'll pm next time or not. Whatever! But if I feel attacked I bite back. If I wasn't I apologize . I take my half of the responsibility here but it's not ALL me.. next..

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my Bull City Flavors order earlier this week & in it was my order of Shisha Strawberry. It seems that there is some debate about this flavor, but I'm excited to see if it works for my finicky palate or not. I'm very hopeful!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got my Bull City Flavors order earlier this week & in it was my order of Shisha Strawberry. It seems that there is some debate about this flavor, but I'm excited to see if it works for my finicky palate or not. I'm very hopeful!

Shisha strawberry is the only strawberry flavor i've been able to taste so far. That's at 2.5%

here's the others i've tried. Got a few more on the way as well.
upload_2017-7-21_13-57-17.png

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Well it's been the only Strawberry so far that could "scratch my itch":D.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Thought I had an unusually big assortment of different Strawberries but I don't feel too bad now as I think you've got me beat...
Since I've been using the Shisha SB I've only bought 1 new one to try but it isn't quite as good anyway.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thought I had an unusually big assortment of different Strawberries but I don't feel too bad now as I think you've got me beat...
Since I've been using the Shisha SB I've only bought 1 new one to try but it isn't quite as good anyway.

Which did you buy? I have strawberry FW on the way. I want to get jungle flavors strawberry soon.

Edit: forgot about my real flavors order. Have their strawberry and strawberry rhubarb on the way as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Which did you buy? I have strawberry FW on the way. I want to get jungle flavors strawberry soon.

RF Strawberry Extract and I'd probably rate it just under Shisha SB.
But I've heard a couple mixed the 2 together and liked the combo.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
RF Strawberry Extract and I'd probably rate it just under Shisha SB.
But I've heard a couple mixed the 2 together and liked the combo.

I've been on the search for the perfect strawberry and sour apple. The one I like will probably be the last one I buy lol. That's why I make threads like this even though they make me look like a noob.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've been on the search for the perfect strawberry and sour apple. The one I like will probably be the last one I buy lol. That's why I make threads like this even though they make me look like a noob.

I've been vaping four years and into diy for over three - and I still learn something new every day and always feel like a noob

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping four years and into diy for over three - and I still learn something new every day and always feel like a noob

I'm gonna find our green apple vape. It is my destiny lol
b947c47b75a349de76f4b5a0ec332106.jpg

Brownie points if you tell me what that pictures from.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Life is a constant learning experience whereas we are all considered noobs on Earth.
Humility comes from realizing and admitting it, or at least it should.

Geez, starting to some like some philosopher now :rolleyes:.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Definitely a good one. I remember trying to get my mother to watch it with me one time and she just didn't find it funny at all, which of course, made it even funnier. :D

Haha I've had that happen so many times. You definitely need a certain sense of humor

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Definitely a good one. I remember trying to get my mother to watch it with me one time and she just didn't find it funny at all, which of course, made it even funnier. :D

That's amazing, but then again, I doubt if my mom would have "gotten" it... but my son and I LOVE it... Anytime he says "and now for something completely different", I HAVE to bellow, in a plummy brit accent "A SHRUBBERY!" :giggle: And of course, if either of us damages our epidermis... "It's just a flesh wound!" :giggle:

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When someone at work says something smart (doesn't happen often) I say, "who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?"

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
I'm not big on strawberry, and I find inawera fruits to all have a weird taste to me generally. But I'm having pretty good luck with strawberry (ripe) TPA and shisha strawberry mixed at a 4:1 ratio. I think the inw works better than cap strawberry sweet to flesh it out.

I usually start at 3% ripe & .75% shisha and work from there.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed using Shisha Strawberry for the first time. Mixed as single flavor first at 2.5% (thanx @Mykreign) & was it was awesome! Then mixed in watermelon FA 2.5% & it was fan-friggin-tastic! Now I can't put it down. Ahhhhh, hellz yeah!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shisha strawberry is the only strawberry flavor i've been able to taste so far. That's at 2.5%

View attachment 87468

Have you tried mixing them with other flavors to enhance them? Flavors such as Dragonfruit, Pear, Lemon, etc.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just mixed using Shisha Strawberry for the first time. Mixed as single flavor first at 2.5% (thanx @Mykreign) & was it was awesome! Then mixed in watermelon FA 2.5% & it was fan-friggin-tastic! Now I can't put it down. Ahhhhh, hellz yeah!

Nice! Gotta love that feeling when you discover a flavor you really enjoy. Now add some cream, marshmallow, custard or vanilla to it to give it some body!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried mixing them with other flavors to enhance them? Flavors such as Dragonfruit, Pear, Lemon, etc.

Yep, tried it with all the flavors you mentioned and more. I have about 200 flavors. As other people have pointed out, I guess I'm one of the people that doesn't have a sensitive enough pallet to pick up the chemical that makes the strawberry flavor.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, tried it with all the flavors you mentioned and more. I have about 200 flavors. As other people have pointed out, I guess I'm one of the people that doesn't have a sensitive enough pallet to pick up the chemical that makes the strawberry flavor.

I'm the same. What I find interesting is that I can smell them and they smell great and authentic, but the taste falls flat. Do you ever wonder why we put so much time, effort and money into chasing this? I know for me it's because I'm stubborn...what's your excuse?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm the same. What I find interesting is that I can smell them and they smell great and authentic, but the taste falls flat. Do you ever wonder why we put so much time, effort and money into chasing this? I know for me it's because I'm stubborn...what's your excuse?

One of my old favorite eliquids was from a local shop. It was strawberry cotton candy and I could taste that. Plus any food or candy that's strawberry flavored are my favorites. So that's why I've been chasing it. Got a couple more in just now I'm gonna try.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I

but so I'll just wait for the rest of VU to get their chance to talk shit because it wasn't enough that beef was settled and it needn't be brought back up again But if I feel attacked I bite back.

How the hell did you come to this conclusion? It may have been settled in your mind but look at the posts. You give Lucy shit then 3 posts later I give you shit. In the intervening posts there wasn't anything "settled". Maybe the voices in your head had come to a resolution, but there certainly wasn't any here on these posts. And who are you to say what is and isn't appropriate to be brought up here on these forums?

What's even more amusing is you see yourself as the victim here, "...rest of VU to get their chance to talk shit" and "...if I feel attacked...". You start it all, you get called on it and you're the fucking victim! You really need some professional help.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my old favorite eliquids was from a local shop. It was strawberry cotton candy and I could taste that. Plus any food or candy that's strawberry flavored are my favorites. So that's why I've been chasing it. Got a couple more in just now I'm gonna try.

So, have you tried adding sweetners? We can probably assume that eliquid was sweetened. I'm curious as to what you've tried. I was able to track down some Stevia and I'll give it a try soon.

VU Sponsors