Become a Patron!

help!! trying to get back on it.

Edgar Gonzalez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my vape broke about 6 months ago. (Vission spinner with protank 3) I didnt like it, I felt like i need it more.
im trying to get back into vaping.
what setup you recommend for around $100? (trying to look for the best for my money)
and what setup you recommend for the Sigelei 150 watt? I like how the Sigelei 150 looks but is a little out of my budget right now.
thanks.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man, you're in for a treat - things have progressed so much in the last 6 months it'll make your head spin.

For starters, I'd recommend an iStick (30 or 50 watt) with a Kanger Subtank mini - the battery should set you back $30-50 and it'll give you way more performance and life than your Ego-style spinner. The Subtank gives a lot bigger hit as far as both cloud and flavor goes as compared to the Protank (I quit myself using the original Protank 1 and non-spinner Ego batteries) - you'll have airflow control to hit it tight like a real cig or wide open like more advanced devices. There's also the benefit of having pre-made coils that are simple plug-and-play, plus a rebuildable head if you decide to get into customizing your rig somewhere down the line.

For the big Sigs, the Subtank still works, but I like drippers (RDAs, or Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers). My wife uses her Sig 100 with the Subtank, I have a Mutation X V3 on mine. Really solid device all across the spectrum - I'd have a 150, but I bought back when they only had the 100s and I haven't broken mine yet so no need to upgrade - 60 watts (heck, even 20) blows the doors off those old spinners, so I don't need the 150 yet.

Lots of sources for the iStick, but I like @VapeSuperSaver for the Subtanks - super fast shipping and quality product, plus the owner is a forum member and pretty responsive when it comes to customer service.

Any case, you'll get a million recommendations from a million sources, but that's my two cents...good luck with the quit, and happy vapor trails.

Edgar Gonzalez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh man, you're in for a treat - things have progressed so much in the last 6 months it'll make your head spin.

For starters, I'd recommend an iStick (30 or 50 watt) with a Kanger Subtank mini - the battery should set you back $30-50 and it'll give you way more performance and life than your Ego-style spinner. The Subtank gives a lot bigger hit as far as both cloud and flavor goes as compared to the Protank (I quit myself using the original Protank 1 and non-spinner Ego batteries) - you'll have airflow control to hit it tight like a real cig or wide open like more advanced devices. There's also the benefit of having pre-made coils that are simple plug-and-play, plus a rebuildable head if you decide to get into customizing your rig somewhere down the line.

For the big Sigs, the Subtank still works, but I like drippers (RDAs, or Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers). My wife uses her Sig 100 with the Subtank, I have a Mutation X V3 on mine. Really solid device all across the spectrum - I'd have a 150, but I bought back when they only had the 100s and I haven't broken mine yet so no need to upgrade - 60 watts (heck, even 20) blows the doors off those old spinners, so I don't need the 150 yet.

Lots of sources for the iStick, but I like @VapeSuperSaver for the Subtanks - super fast shipping and quality product, plus the owner is a forum member and pretty responsive when it comes to customer service.

Any case, you'll get a million recommendations from a million sources, but that's my two cents...good luck with the quit, and happy vapor trails.
im guessing that by sig u mean, sigelei.
you said that the battery was going to set me back $30-50. what battery? the iStick has a built in battery... i think.
can you give me links.
can you recommend me some good RDA's?

Edgar Gonzalez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

i was doing some research on the IStick 50w and the Subtank. I dont think I can use the Subtank with the iStick 50w because the Subtank is a 30w.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im guessing that by sig u mean, sigelei.
you said that the battery was going to set me back $30-50. what battery? the iStick has a built in battery... i think.
can you give me links.
can you recommend me some good RDA's?
Correct on Sig = Sigelei. Also correct in that battery = iStick, it's an all-in-one device. Try vapesupersaver.com, it's not the only link to what you want but it's the only one I've used and can vouch for.

For simple dual-coil builds, I like RDAs with dual center posts, like anything in the Mutation X series...others have good things to say about the Infinite CLT, though I haven't tried those. I also personally like Plume Veil clones, though I've had some bad luck with loose center posts...

You're not Adrian's big brother by chance, are you?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i was doing some research on the IStick 50w and the Subtank. I dont think I can use the Subtank with the iStick 50w because the Subtank is a 30w.
They say the Subtank hits good at 30w, I personally find it does better on stock coils closer to 20w - and with these new devices you can adjust all the way from 7-50, so if you don't need the full power you can dial it down and just get longer battery life if you choose to run at lower power settings.

Edgar Gonzalez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They say the Subtank hits good at 30w, I personally find it does better on stock coils closer to 20w - and with these new devices you can adjust all the way from 7-50, so if you don't need the full power you can dial it down and just get longer battery life if you choose to run at lower power settings.
I was doing some research and found the Joye Delta II Tank.
I think imma get it with the iStick 50w
thanks for the help.

Edgar Gonzalez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if someone can help me find them for cheap.
that would be great!

sds1912

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently bought the cloupor mini I also own the istick the I stick is an excellent device know doubt but the cloupor feels a lot more rugged and tuffer iv had problems with the connections on isticks in the past but that was the 20 watt device, the cloupor is a 30 watts device and comes in about the same price as the I stick give or take a few pound my advice would be if ur going for 30 watts get the cloupor 30watt mini but if u want the 50 watts get the I stick 50 watt barein mind the I sticks come with battery's installed and are not removable the cloupor you'd have to buy a battery separate there not expensive there typically less than a 10 er .if u have a local brick an morter shop near u I'd suggest calling in and getting hands on with both devices to help make a better choice but I think the cloupor feels a lot more expensive and durable than the istick but that's me u mite feel differently good look anyway but like @OBDave pointed out things have come a long way in 6 months and eny of the devices mentioned will blow the socks clean off a spinner expeciall with a subtank ....

sent from moto G using tapatalk

Miamora

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use the subtank mini with both the 30w and 50w istick you might find the 30w to be more consistant. I would suggest reading up on both before making a decision. vapesupersave.com is a great place to purchase from as well as myvaporstore.com they sell it as a kit. everything under $100

Edgar Gonzalez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
can someone recommend me some good vape flavors? I dont want nicotine.
thanks

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you smoke right now?

What kinds of flavors do you like? Fruits? Bakery/desserts? There's a lot more out there than just tobaccos...your best bet on flavor is to visit a local B&M and sample some of the flavors at their juice bar until you find a couple you like.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For starters with an RDA, I like to recommend the plume veil, maybe clt v2 or3, I think the two post positive makes it so easy for dual coils. At least it was for me.
Welcome, feel free to ask away with any other questions.

Edgar Gonzalez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm think of getting the Eleaf iStick 50W and the Joye Delta II but I also what a RDA can someone let me know of a good n cheap would.
It would be awesome if you guys get me a link with a really low price.
thanks

VU Sponsors