Become a Patron!

Help! Unkown model and Buttons not working

Bubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I used to vape about two years ago but then quit. Recently came back to the habit after my friend gave me a vape pen. The " + " and " - " buttons are not working. It looks like a ego-v v2 so I tried unlocking the button but to no avail. Any help?

Sorry about the quality of the pic, blame my webcam :p

Attachments

• WIN_20150611_231907.JPG
    WIN_20150611_231907.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 35

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're correct in that you've got some sort of eGo-styled variable voltage mod...I can't tell much more about it. By unlocking you mean you clicked the power button five times, correct? Have you tried charging it?

Moving this over to the eGo subforum, hopefully you'll get some more attention there...

Bubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry for posting in the wrong subforum, I am kind of new to this.

The vape itself works great, I just can't change the voltage and it's stuck at 1.9V which is kinda weak, no ?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Are there any distinct markings or letters on it?... Really need a better pic to be able to tell what battery that is. Although it looks like the VV2... the VV2 does not have a symbol on it above the buttons.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry for posting in the wrong subforum, I am kind of new to this.

The vape itself works great, I just can't change the voltage and it's stuck at 1.9V which is kinda weak, no ?
No worries - you had a question, and "Help, I have questions!" certainly makes sense as a place to start. @Countrypami is going to be the pro on this, but I wasn't even aware the vv2 went down to 1.9...

Bubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a Power symbol on it. This one exactly:

Attachments

• 1245640607507785093Soeb_Power_symbol.svg.hi.png
    1245640607507785093Soeb_Power_symbol.svg.hi.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 14

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Can you please try to take a better picture... especially of the button area including any markings or symbols.

Bubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here you go

Attachments

• WIN_20150613_164218.JPG
    WIN_20150613_164218.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 16

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That looks like a ecigeratti vv. Take the atomizer off, turn it off with 5 clicks, then turn it back on and see if you can adjust the voltage. If you can't with and without the atomizer screwed on, you have a bad one. Go out and get another (better) one

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It almost looks like an Itaste VV, I pulled mine out of the drawer

IMG_20150613_164731180_zps6jwqxjn2.jpg
WIN_20150613_164218_zps4zsjyag6.jpg

Square Vs Round

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The ecigeratti is a cheap, not so good Chinese knock-off of the Itaste VV.

Bubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That looks like a ecigeratti vv. Take the atomizer off, turn it off with 5 clicks, then turn it back on and see if you can adjust the voltage. If you can't with and without the atomizer screwed on, you have a bad one. Go out and get another (better) one

Any cheap one you could recommend? I bought an ego-c twist a while ago from a vape store and the asshole sold it to me for $120, not knowing the prices at that time. Recommendations for vapes under $50?

Oh, and it just randomly stopped working after about a week.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get an Ego One starter kit: http://101vape.com/variable-voltagewattage-devices/601-joyetech-ego-one-2200-mah.html

Simple to use, no VV or VW, you just fill up the atomizer, screw it on and vape. It's got a 2200Mah battery that will last you all day, plus you have the choice of using either a 1 ohm coil head for mouth to lung hits, or a .5 ohm coil for lots of vapor. You control how much vapor you get with the airflow setting on the atomizer.

The kit comes with everything you need except juice.

I own one and use it frequently. It's a simple setup that just works well.

Last edited:

Bubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ended up getting the Stingray clone mod with an 1850 battery and an Arctic Tank with a 0.2 coil. I have to say I freaking love it!

VU Sponsors