Become a Patron!

=Help! Vape says "Check Atomizer" and won't give me a hit after changing the coil

Hey, i'm a noob to vaping and unfortunately dont know many people at all that do vape... But anyway i have a REV_Tech Phantom 220W mod and for the past week or so its been starting to tast burnt out, so i finaly found the backup coil the kit shipped with so ireplaced it. all went smoothly for the swap, i would have like that coil assembly to screw back on the tank a bit smother, but i got it on without too much difficulties. However now everytime I attempt to take a drag off it the mod vibrates and diplays "Check Atomizer."

WTF?? what the help did i do and how can i fix it? im already nic-fitting so hard i want to just drink my juice.. plz help!!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
that error suggest that your coil maybe loose or defective finally your connection to the mod maybe loose

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Since the tank that comes with the kit does not have an adjustable contact pin, the issue is more likely to be with the coil. Try a different sub-ohm tank and see if you get the same "check atomizer" message.

The coil I put in it was shipped included in the kit I ordered from them, and its made by them. Its the REV=Tech M4 Coil, it was included in their starter kit. Therenis no rrason it shouldn't be compatible with the mod setup. Its very possible I screwed up putting the coil into the mad and its not sitting just right or whatever. I think that must be the issue.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
I'm not familiar with that tank or coil, but did you have another tank to try on the mod?

I'm sure another peep with some insight here at the VU will chime in.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The "check atomizer" message means that your mod isn't detecting a connection to the tank itself or to the coil inside the tank that completes that electrical circuit.

It is concerning that you had to work to get the tank back on. Never heard of tanks getting cross-threaded, but I suppose it's possible. Otherwise, every time I've ever seen this happen, it was caused by (1) tank not tightened enough, (2) 510 pin in the mod is pushed down and stuck, (3) coil not screwed into the tank enough, or (4) a wire in the coil inside the tank is not properly attached or is broken.

We're not saying your coil isn't compatible. But there can always be things wrong with an individual coil, a manufacturing defect, if you will. It happens.

VU Sponsors