Become a Patron!

HELP!!!!! What to dump my pro tank 2 for?

first off I am new to vaping with tanks. Started with a blu like device years ago. Rebuilt my own carts back then but it was a pain in the butt so I gave up on vaping. Now here I am with an itaste clk 1280 and a protank 2.
My protank leaks and floods all the time. I am tired of it and want to ditch it. I love the airy draw I get from it and don't really have anything to compare to for taste. I have looked at the davide , nautilus and aero tank.
Does anyone have any long term use experience with these tanks and can I get opinions on them please?

Yeah not the same sorry. google incredipen. I got mine from a smoker friendly store a few months ago and have loved it ever since.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
first off I am new to vaping with tanks. Started with a blu like device years ago. Rebuilt my own carts back then but it was a pain in the butt so I gave up on vaping. Now here I am with an itaste clk 1280 and a protank 2.
My protank leaks and floods all the time. I am tired of it and want to ditch it. I love the airy draw I get from it and don't really have anything to compare to for taste. I have looked at the davide , nautilus and aero tank.
Does anyone have any long term use experience with these tanks and can I get opinions on them please?

Glad you made the switch!!... Hmmmmmm... leaky protank II?... I have 4 of them and none of mine leak or flood... I love them. But if you wanna change it out... you could try an Aspire BDC or ES. The Smok Champion is another one I really like if you want a bigger tank. Just got an Aero Mega, so far I'm liking it on my VaporShark. The iClear's are good... my fav tank for smaller ego type batteries is the GS-H2 (also known as the SMOK EBC).

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I absolutely love my Kanger Aerotank Giant! Holds around 4 to 5 ml of juice and takes vapes like a champ. Get good vapor production with the 1.5 coils and great taste.

Aaronhami924

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Nautlius mini and regular are great. The Joyetech Delta is amazing

B-RAD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Both the aero tank mega and giant are great options. If you want all the benefits those have to offer in a smaller size get he emow tank by kanger. It has very similar airflow adjustment and holds just under 2ml of juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I get some thoughts on them please and not just this tank rocks?
Things like the draw, cloud, taste, ease of use for beginners, frequency of leaking and flooding. That kind of stuff please. Also my battery is only a 1280 mah battery so I don't know if that is enough battery for these tanks.
I love the airy draw of the pro tank and I read that the nautilus supposedly has a very strong throat hit. Is that true?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have any leaking issues with my aerotank mega..

I also hated the PT2 and PT3 so before you give up with kanger, I would try the new ones that they offer.. big improvement!

I don't have any leaking issues with my aerotank mega..

I also hated the PT2 and PT3 so before you give up with kanger, I would try the new ones that they offer.. big improvement!

What is the draw and flavor like on the aero tank? I want a smooth hit. Not something hard hitting and harsh. My wife equates coughing to vaping too much. lol

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What is the draw and flavor like on the aero tank? I want a smooth hit. Not something hard hitting and harsh. My wife equates coughing to vaping too much. lol

the draw is however you want it.. tight or airy - the airflow control works great.. I keep it around the middle or on the tighter side.. the flavor is obviously not as good as a RBA, but it still tastes pretty good - haven't noticed too much of a muted flavor on the juices that I've tried so far

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have use all KANGER PRO TANKS EXCEPT THE TURBO...yes pro tanks are leakers, they are known for it..
With this tanks you have to be smooth,careful,cautious,and you can't chain vape on em!!!!

I suggest get START DRIPPING...
I know its too soon, but TRUST ME, U don't wanna waste all that money buying tank system that leaks and doesn't satisfy ur CRAVINGS!! IMO
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have use all KANGER PRO TANKS EXCEPT THE TURBO...yes pro tanks are leakers, they are known for it..
With this tanks you have to be smooth,careful,cautious,and you can't chain vape on em!!!!

I suggest get START DRIPPING...
I know its too soon, but TRUST ME, U don't wanna waste all that money buying tank system that leaks and doesn't satisfy ur CRAVINGS!! IMO
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

i chain vape on mine all the time.. and the 510 connector is sealed so it doesn't leak out the bottom.. not sure where yours are leaking??

guppstatus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went from pt2 to nautilus, couple months after went kayfun, now im using drippers and a big dripper for work

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pro tank 2 is my go to tank. Replace the bottom with an air flow control and build your own wicks and you will not have a leaking problem. Knock on wood but I have never had a protank 2 to leak. If you are using stock coils then make sure the chimney is on tight and the rubber grommet is pushed down tight. It is weird how some people have leak problems on a protank 2 and some never have problems. I am in the second group and to this day it is still my most used and favorite tank. Actually when I find them on sale I buy a couple more. I want these on hand at all times. Build your own coils with cotton and the flavor rivals any dripping atomizer.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love the pro tank II also. I was frustrated for the same reasons as you stated. I bought an aspire mini and am very happy. I have used it for approximately a month now. The draw is very similar. It works great on all the ego type batteries I have. The big plus is the coils seem to last a lot longer.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also use the Aspire. In my opinion which is what it is the cotton wicks on the protank 2 has better flavor than the aspire coils. But the Aspire stock coils have better flavor than the protank 2 stock coils. I rebuild my protank 2 coils every 2 weeks. No doubt I could go more than a couple weeks but the flavor just jumps out on a fresh cotton coil. Learning to rebuild with cotton wicks was one of the best decisions I made. What makes it so easy is you can get ready made coils at fasttech and just insert the cotton. Take about 2 minutes to replace my coils. I was also told by Mountain oak vapor that Kanger is going to quit making the protank 2 single coils and only make the dual coils. So learning to rebuild is the way to go.since I have so many protank 2 coils.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pro tank 2 is my go to tank. Replace the bottom with an air flow control and build your own wicks and you will not have a leaking problem. Knock on wood but I have never had a protank 2 to leak. If you are using stock coils then make sure the chimney is on tight and the rubber grommet is pushed down tight. It is weird how some people have leak problems on a protank 2 and some never have problems. I am in the second group and to this day it is still my most used and favorite tank. Actually when I find them on sale I buy a couple more. I want these on hand at all times. Build your own coils with cotton and the flavor rivals any dripping atomizer.

+1 This,
Stock silica wicks don't fluff up enough at the ends, and the flavor wicks on top are shaky at best.
And they wrap the wire around the wick so tight it chokes off the juice flow.
So the norm is either dry hits, or flooding.
I switched to an Anyvape Davide Glassomizer and love it, (now I have 2).
Also got the Kanger airflow controller for it/them.
You really need to learn to wrap micro-coils and use cotton or rayon wicks.
When I started vaping I was frustrated too, and almost gave up and went back to analogs.
Your PT2 will work ok with proper coils and wicks...
Many utube videos show how to do this.
I use Kanthal A1 #30, 8-10 wraps on a #16 blunt tip needle.
Organic Cotton Balls from Wallgreens.
If you get into drippers or Kayfuns you'll need to learn all this anyway.

Stay away from the BDC's, (dual coils), almost impossible to rebuild.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just Got a Protank 3 a month ago $14 for my out and about Vape. A big improvement over the protank 1. Using the Kanger Dual Coils with exposed wicks.

I purchased the nautilus yesterday and love it so far. Above and beyond the ptII for me in every aspect. I don't want to rebuild my coils. Otherwise I would be already. Replacing wicks. That's as far as I'll go.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 This,
Stock silica wicks don't fluff up enough at the ends, and the flavor wicks on top are shaky at best.
And they wrap the wire around the wick so tight it chokes off the juice flow.
So the norm is either dry hits, or flooding.
I switched to an Anyvape Davide Glassomizer and love it, (now I have 2).
Also got the Kanger airflow controller for it/them.
You really need to learn to wrap micro-coils and use cotton or rayon wicks.
When I started vaping I was frustrated too, and almost gave up and went back to analogs.
Your PT2 will work ok with proper coils and wicks...
Many utube videos show how to do this.
I use Kanthal A1 #30, 8-10 wraps on a #16 blunt tip needle.
Organic Cotton Balls from Wallgreens.
If you get into drippers or Kayfuns you'll need to learn all this anyway.

Stay away from the BDC's, (dual coils), almost impossible to rebuild.

Just curious how is the Anyvape Davide different from the protank 2 tank? If I am correct the Anyvape davide uses the protank 2 coils so what makes the tactual tank any better than a protank 2 tank? Just asking since I do not have an anyvape davide tank.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@wizzard the tanks are comparable, imo. You do want to get the upgraded bases for them. There is a way to fill the davides from the top, but I never was able to figure it out, so I fill from the bottom.
I think anyone should choose a tank by how they want to replace coils. If you don't mind replacing more expensive coils, go with a dual, but you will need to have more battery power. If you want to build your own, stick with single coil tanks. However, we don't want you to get frustrated trying to rebuild a protank head. If you feel comfortable with rebuilding, you could look into a squape or taifun gt. They might have plastic tanks though, but they are super simple to single coil. To adjust your wick, all you have to do is unscrew the bottom, you don't have to drain the juice as in a kayfun.Your coil should last for months, just rewick as needed. Drippers are probably the easiest to coil, but, you have to keep dripping, no tank.

skocha361

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can really only comment on the nauts. They have good flavor, good vapor and smooth hit on the biggest hole. They only flood if you hit it too hard. All-around good tank. Only step up is to drip.

iheartmyed9

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've seen alot of Kanger tanks that had a extra O rings that was causing them to leak, it happened on a protank 3 mini and Aerotank too, I removed the extra O rings and it was just fine. Just a thought.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhhh another thread about TANK...
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Pulled the trigger on the nautilus and whoever said they weren't rebuildable is wrong. Found the vid today.
LOVE LOVE LOVEmy nautilus

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just curious how is the Anyvape Davide different from the protank 2 tank? If I am correct the Anyvape davide uses the protank 2 coils so what makes the tactual tank any better than a protank 2 tank? Just asking since I do not have an anyvape davide tank.

Think the bottom fill slots are a tad bigger (I think), same coils as PT2, better threads IMO.
Pretty much a PT2 clone though...

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Leon Everyone seems to not be reading what you are asking for,. Get a Nautilus Mini, it has BVC(Bottom Vertical Coils) and you can have any kind of draw you desire; from tight to airy. I have been vaping for several years. I drip and use advanced tank systems, but since you are new to the game, I would suggest not investing in such a setup until you have done some research. The clk was a nice choice, innokin makes great products and it should last you awhile, I would suggest getting another as a backup. Make sure you buy a 5 pack of BVC coils for your mini. I promise you will not be disappointed, if you are, I will give you 40 bucks to buy whatever you think you might want. I would like to add that the Aerotank design is a HUGE improvement over previous Kangertech products. Good Luck!

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well nevermind, you bought it, good job!

Well nevermind, you bought it, good job!
Thanks and I LOVE IT the only problem I have is a I have to pre vape it so I don't get dry hits but I heard the bvc coils are better designed and will correct is problem. I hope it does correct this
And did I mention i LOVE this thing? Last night I was drunk and flooded he hell out of it when i topped it off but even with 20 minutes of flooded gurgle still no vape decrease. This thing is a BEAST and I love it

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just don't dump your protank. Rebuild the heads and it has to be one of the best tanks to vape on. Everytime I see them on sale I buy them. I have way to many but they are awesome tanks. I have been to two different vape shops and they use the protank as their sample tanks. These are higher end shops not a hole in the wall shop.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PT2 with a rebuilt coil is a HUGE improvement over the stock one.
In fact if you keep the air holes on the Aerotank open to the max, like i used to do, the rebuilt PT2 is just as good as the Aerotank.

Peter Shukin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Protank III with airflow controller or Genitank. Go dual coil Kangers. I also have an Aerotank with duals. Can pump 15w into the kangers, and produce nice clouds with it. Of course I've got a Fogger 4.1 coming now because I'm done with regular tanks at this point.

VU Sponsors