Become a Patron!

Help with 26650 Mod choice

ctvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm an Army vet who was smoking analogs for 20 years. I successfully switched to vaping in March after a failed attempt with a stick ecig a year ago. I started out with an Ego, and am currently vaping on an itazte VTR and a Vamo V5. I'm looking for my first mechanical mod (been reading up on battery safety and have a good understanding of Ohm's law). I'm looking for some suggestions for a quality 26650 mechanical mod (clone). I will probably try some sub-ohm coils (waiting for my Igo L to get here from slowtech). Can you guys please give me some suggestions for a reliable first mech mod?

Akolite

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really can't recommend the Mutant enough. I've used a couple different 26650 clones (Hades, Big Nasty) and the Mutant is the winner for me. The switch is buttery smooth and is designed really cool with magnets. Also has a telescoping copper pin up top too. Its a hard hitter for sure.

DJGoogone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had 3, tree of life, not bad, spring switch, solid, hard hitter, a panzer, solid mod, good for a nightstick, wouldn't stay 'tight' bottom pin keeps backing out. And the muntant. Just got it today. Seems to be good, I'm digging it. Button takes a bit to get use to..

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Mutant is a great mod.. I love mine.. It has a 2 part magnetic switch so that has to be considered as loose parts can get lost.. Most of my 26650 mods I have I run with 18650 batteries (sony vtc 4's or 5's).. I do so with a adapter for them.. . If you want big and heavy get the fasttech panzer with the steel adapters for $42.00..

The Dreadnaut is huge and heavy but is a hybrid so it needs special care to measure ohms.
Many versions have the AF holes on one side (not good imo).. A light 26650 is the big nasty at FT for $24 but it only works with 26650 batteries..

Hell everyone's 1st mod should be a Nemesis I was once told.. FT has them in 26650 now.. Most mech mods need to be set up to work properly and some fiddling should be expected.. There is a 26650 StingrayX at angelcigs that looks ok.. It's fresh and sharp looking but I have no idea how well it works..

The copper mutant should be a hoot .. I like my SS/brass mutant so much I'm getting a copper.. Or you could get a authentic Mutant and rule the roost.. Perhaps something different with a learning curve that will get noticed cuz it's big.. ZzzztT!

Last edited:

ctvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks a lot eveyone. I really appreciate your input and time. The concensus seems to be the Mutant, so I'm going to look around for the mod and some batteries. I do have some vtc5's but they are 18650's. Any recommendations on reliable, safe 22650's?

KrasH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My newest from Supertmanufacturing.com I am in love with completely. The Precise Simplicity is a solid and well designed 26650 mod. I also really like the Hades mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I were gonna get a 26650 it would be the Sparta. And my choice would be based on looks alone. The original comes with a matching serial numbered RDA.

sparta-4.jpg

Akolite

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks a lot eveyone. I really appreciate your input and time. The concensus seems to be the Mutant, so I'm going to look around for the mod and some batteries. I do have some vtc5's but they are 18650's. Any recommendations on reliable, safe 22650's?
Can't go wrong with the MNKE 26650. The Sony 26650's are great too, just getting to be hard to find. Panasonic has some 26650's too, I just have no experience with them.

KrasH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Panasonic are great

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
+1 for SuperT. The stuff from them is amazing. I had one of the first Precise 10440 from them back in the day and still miss it.

Delivered by carrier pigeon.

KrasH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had one as well. They make great stuff and I am in love with this one. Solid, button is made so it will not slowly unscrew when you use the lock ring like a lot of other bottom button mods.

You get multiple choices of finishes and machining. Mine has a ribbed tube so it will not slide out of my hand. I have several 26650 mods, this is hands down my favorite.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I heard on drippers.. the shorter the chamber the better the vape??

KrasH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would say that's not a truth. Too many other factors that matter.

KrasH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One up on ModTrader Facebook group for $120 right now.

I have a Hades 1:1 clone that I'm using with an Hcigar Mega RDA. Not a super expensive set up, but it's been rock solid for me for a couple months.

Look into a fat snow wolf by asmodus. They go for about 150 brand new and mine's an absolute beast. The voltage drop is close to non-existent(about .15) and it's just a solid well made device.
I'd say get something great from the get-go. I bought a bunch of clones when I started vaping and now I wish I didn't even waste the money on them because they just collecT dust now. And if you turn out disliking it, high end mods sell for almost as much as they do used as you pay brand new, if you keep it in good shape that is.

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@ GreyMatter
Personally, I like the look of the Fat Snow Wolf.

I really like the FSW too,, @AdamMan.. CLONED so I'll wait for it.. The one thing that kept me from pulling the trigger on this mod on ebay was the painted serial# and switch bottom design made them look cheap to me..

Tyler Holmgren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Mutant is a great mod.. I love mine.. It has a 2 part magnetic switch so that has to be considered as loose parts can get lost.. Most of my 26650 mods I have I run with 18650 batteries (sony vtc 4's or 5's).. I do so with a adapter for them.. . If you want big and heavy get the fasttech panzer with the steel adapters for $42.00..

The Dreadnaut is huge and heavy but is a hybrid so it needs special care to measure ohms.
Many versions have the AF holes on one side (not good imo).. A light 26650 is the big nasty at FT for $24 but it only works with 26650 batteries..

Hell everyone's 1st mod should be a Nemesis I was once told.. FT has them in 26650 now.. Most mech mods need to be set up to work properly and some fiddling should be expected.. There is a 26650 StingrayX at angelcigs that looks ok.. It's fresh and sharp looking but I have no idea how well it works..

The copper mutant should be a hoot .. I like my SS/brass mutant so much I'm getting a copper.. Or you could get a authentic Mutant and rule the roost.. Perhaps something different with a learning curve that will get noticed cuz it's big.. ZzzztT!
The stingray x is amazing I just got it yesterday. It hits hard and is adjustable on the center pin and battery connections. One of the best looking and solid mods I have. I think I could use this thing if someone ever tried to rob my house.

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
The stingray x is amazing I just got it yesterday. It hits hard and is adjustable on the center pin and battery connections. One of the best looking and solid mods I have. I think I could use this thing if someone ever tried to rob my house.

I love mine. I noticed on Alibaba that they already have a 26650 SR X. Maybe FT or one of the others will get it soon.

For me, the Panzer makes a better PDW. :)

Delivered by carrier pigeon.

KrasH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

In 26650? I want one of the authentic ones, but might snag a clone till then. I have not seen the X in 26650.

Tyler Holmgren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got mine from angelcigs. I (think) its a clone.

KrasH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You would have paid a pretty penny for the real one.

Tyler Holmgren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I figured, but from my point of view some of the clones they are making now are pretty top notch and can/could compete well with the authentic mods. That's just how I see it from a college students point of view.. If you have the money to spend and the authentic is worth it, I'd say go for it.

KrasH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I figured, but from my point of view some of the clones they are making now are pretty top notch and can/could compete well with the authentic mods. That's just how I see it from a college students point of view.. If you have the money to spend and the authentic is worth it, I'd say go for it.

We all buy and use clones everyday, very few products are truly authentic.

I have several clones myself. It's a personal choice to go authentic only. Several clones are made better than their original counterpart. I want to support the makers of those mods I love.

Tyler Holmgren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We all buy and use clones everyday, very few products are truly authentic.

I have several clones myself. It's a personal choice to go authentic only. Several clones are made better than their original counterpart. I want to support the makers of those mods I love.

That's a great reason actually. I never thought about it like that to be honest.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Saw one of theses in person at my local shop the other day. Holy shit it is huge. Would double as a weapon if needed.

2014-01-31-00_26_49-dreadnaut-mod-by-tactical-workz-_-congrevape.png

KrasH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My buddy has one, did not like it at all.

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A better mod imo than the Dreadnaut and not a hybrid.. the Kryptonite is huge and avoids the mistakes the Dreadnaut ran into being a hybrid...The copper version looks killer..

Capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2014-05-17-%C3%A0-18.12.34.png

VU Sponsors