Become a Patron!

Help with a ohm question

I have a build in my big baby an on my reuleaux -rx300. An the ohms show 0.40. Is this ok an what is the preferred watts for this?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU -
If it's the V8 Baby-Q2 I used to run it at 40-50w. It's rated up to 80w but they over rate their coils when you start thinking about lifespan. I noticed a shorter lifespan @ 50 vs 40. You can start around 30w (or even lower) and bump it up till you like it.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a build in my big baby an on my reuleaux -rx300. An the ohms show 0.40. Is this ok an what is the preferred watts for this?

wattage is going to depend on what and how much wire was used.. I am currently vaping a 26awg SS coil in an Avocado 22 at
15watts. Do the same .4ohm on a clapton or fused clapton or fancy multi cored multi wrapped thing you could be looking at needing 200watts.

.4ohm on a mech at 100% efficiency will give 36 to 44 watts, consider voltage drop and sag probably 35watts tops less for a big fancy coil.

Without knowing the wire you are going to use.. there is no way toanswer your question... Try modling some build with Steam-engine.org

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
RX300 is a regulated mod. It probably has a limit of between 0.10 ohm and 3.00 ohm (check your manual) so any coil outside that limit will not work and will cause an error. The wattage is determined entirely by what you like best. (keeping within the limit of the coil.. like don't vape an 80w coil at 300w.. it will end badly..lol)--*instant dry hit and burnt sweat sock taste*

VU Sponsors