Become a Patron!

Help With Aegis X

I bought an Aegis X with a Cerberus Tank yesterday and everytime i try to puff/hit it, it makes a gurgle sound and the smoke heats up really fast and basically no smoke even comes out. Am i doing somethint wrong?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought an Aegis X with a Cerberus Tank yesterday and everytime i try to puff/hit it, it makes a gurgle sound and the smoke heats up really fast and basically no smoke even comes out. Am i doing somethint wrong?
First of all if you have smoke coming out of your mod you're in trouble. We vape and there should only be vapor coming out.

What wattage do you have your mod set at?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have it set at 55
It sounds like the coil is flooded. Hit the fire button and blow into the drip tip hard for about 3 seconds, repeat if necessary. That should unflood the tank. Flooding can happen when you fill it, try closing the airflow next time you are going to fill it, then open the airflow once the cap is back on.

It sounds like the coil is flooded. Hit the fire button and blow into the drip tip hard for about 3 seconds, repeat if necessary. That should unflood the tank. Flooding can happen when you fill it, try closing the airflow next time you are going to fill it, then open the airflow once the cap is back on.
Still not a lot of vapor comes out and it still heats up and makes a gurgling sound

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll need to know what coil you're using. The .3 ohm mesh is recommended for use at 30-45 watts so I'd start at 30 and see how that vape is

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It should be heating up and some minor gurgling can be normal. Do you get spit back? Spit back is gurgling that causes hot juice to pop up into your mouth.

If you have a flooded tank and blowing into it doesn't fix the problem I'd guess there's an issue with how the tank is sealed.

Can you give more details on what's happening. How long are your pulls, have you tried different wattages?

Lastly I'd prime another coil and try that, it's not uncommon to get defective coils in a pack

It should be heating up and some minor gurgling can be normal. Do you get spit back? Spit back is gurgling that causes hot juice to pop up into your mouth.

If you have a flooded tank and blowing into it doesn't fix the problem I'd guess there's an issue with how the tank is sealed.

Can you give more details on what's happening. How long are your pulls, have you tried different wattages?

Lastly I'd prime another coil and try that, it's not uncommon to get defective coils in a pack
I do get a bit of spit back yes. So the tank isnt sealed properly then? The pulls are about 3 to 5 seconds and i have tries different wattages

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do get a bit of spit back yes. So the tank isnt sealed properly then? The pulls are about 3 to 5 seconds and i have tries different wattages
It's either not sealing properly, or it's the coil. I'd take it apart, check the O-rings and put it back together nice and snug. If that doesn't work change your coil.

Lastly I'd ask when things changed, that's usually q good indication of what's wrong. You said you got this set up yesterday, was it vaping fine then? Did things change after a tank fill?

It's either not sealing properly, or it's the coil. I'd take it apart, check the O-rings and put it back together nice and snug. If that doesn't work change your coil.

Lastly I'd ask when things changed, that's usually q good indication of what's wrong. You said you got this set up yesterday, was it vaping fine then? Did things change after a tank fill?
Its been like this since i got it

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

YouTube is your friend.

Make sure you clean up any excess juice under the coil when you unscrew it. Drip some juice onto the cotton in the center of the coil, fill the tank and wait five to ten minutes before vaping on it. It's important to follow those priming steps to get the cotton nice and wet to avoid burning it.

Priming video:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thats a good tank when it is working like it is supposed to.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am not a big user of factory tanks and coils. But that is 1 of my go to factory set ups when needed.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am not a big user of factory tanks and coils. But that is 1 of my go to factory set ups when needed.
Agreed, I haven't used a sub ohm tank in forever, but that's the tank that came with my Legend a year ago and I did use it a few times.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So in trying to take the old coil out and it doesnt unscrew ir anything. How do i take it out
It unscrews from the base, turn to the left. It's tight from the factory, you might need a damp cloth for extra grip.

They take it out in the video I suggested above.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My friend @Theboss is giving you great advice so I won't interfere.

I just wanted to encourage you not to get discouraged. Everybody was new at this at one time. Soon it'll all be second nature and you'll wonder what you had such a hard time with How well I remember. :)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should have kept reading. I didn't realize you had it going already :D

I was recalling my first setup and you're doing better than I did. Believe me LOL!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first real setup was an istick 50 and Atlantis v2 subohm tank

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Congradulations to the advertment of this minor catastrophe by @Theboss. Good looking out for the new man with vape issues. I remember how frustrating things could get at the start. Great advice given and problem resolved. BTW welcome to VU from mostly sunny Clearwater Florida. Enjoy your stay with us.

VU Sponsors