Become a Patron!

Help with basics / acronyms.

kstat83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My girl and I (read: my girl does the work, I do the tasting ;) ) just started DIYing. We picked up a kit from Liquid Barn, and a bunch Lorann as well as several Liquid Barn flavoring. Through some trial and error we're learning. But I think we're missing some basic understanding.

In googling recipes to emulate some of my favorite cereal vapes we keep seeing all sorts of acronyms and such that we can't decipher. I get TPA and TFA in a literal sense, but what's it mean for us?

I'm trying to understand how to make sense of the recipes. Do they signify the manufacturer of the flavorings themselves? That would seem to be important, no?

But any suggestions / recipes would be highly appreciated.

We're headed to the craft store now because apparently they carry flavorings as well. Hopefully that's not a waste of time either.

DIYers have been on me to start doing this for as long as I can remember, so hopefully now that we've taken the plunge someone can take a few minutes to fill in the missing pieces for us.

Thanks a ton!

(Screen grabs of what I'm seeing that I'm trying to learn to better understand)

baad197799f1753044292deb9edceffc.jpg
a91199ec9286648d2a97a531d6661840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kstat83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Btw hopefully the screen grabs aren't inappropriate. I didn't know how else to recreate what was seeing outside of literally re-writing them entirely. I tried to avoid screen names to the extent possible as well as specific web addresses. If it's a no-no I'll re-post from home where I can clip just the recipes as an image.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are flavor manufacturers. The ones I'm familiar with:

FA - Flavour Art
FW - Flavor West
TFA/TPA - The Flavor Apprentice/The Perfumers Apprentice (same company)
CAP - Capella's Flavor Drops
INW - Inawera
LA - Lorann

I would avoid just buying whatever flavors you find at a hobby shop unless you've researched them online first. Some flavors contain oils or other ingredients that are NOT safe for vaping.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a list of acronyms: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rps-master-list-of-diy-flavor-supplier-abbreviations.38743/

The only flavors you can buy in a craft store are Lorann - they're not worth buying imo! You'll have much better success using flavors made for vaping, such as those by the Flavor apprentice (TFA), Flavor Art (FA), etc!

You'll probably find it easier to pick some recipes from the forum and buy the ingredients for those. My favorites are generally those by Headinclouds!

Good luck - and feel free to ask questions.

kstat83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you both! That's exactly what I was looking for. I am, apparently, terrible at searching the forums. Invariably somebody answers a question with a link to a forum post ;/

Part of it is that I've taken to using Tapatalk as its more phone-friendly. But I don't find it terribly easy to navigate yet.

I'll stay away from the Lorann going forward and order some of what you've suggested, which sounds like a consensus opinion anyhow.

We did okay for our first couple batches. Not stellar, but totally vapeable. Steeping is our next topic to get into.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm at work but I'll take care of that when I get home. Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors