Become a Patron!

Help with changing current VG/PG ratio

cdcee

Member For 4 Years
Figure this would be the best section to get directions regarding e-juice mixtures.

So here's the story. I bought 100mLs of e-juice with the incorrect ratio of 70PG/30VG, when I really meant to get 70VG/30PG. How many mLs of 100VG do I need to add to achieve my desired ratio? Am I wrong to assume that adding 100mL of 100VG will leave me with 200mL of 65VG/35PG? Does anyone have a formula or calculator for this math problem? Lol.

Thanks fellers.

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, adding 100ml of VG will get you 200ml of 35PG/65VG. That's pretty close and a nice round number, particularly if you have a 100ml bottle VG hanging around in the cupboard.

+135ml of VG (total of 165ml VG) will get you 235ml of 29.8PG/70.2VG according to my quick calculation. Please doublecheck my math.

My unrequested opinion: you may also find that adopting a standard expression of the ratio (ie, PG/VG or vice versa) will help reduce mistakes in the future. I notice you expressed it both ways in your OP. PG/VG is traditional but as long as you pick one or the other and stick with it errors should be less frequent. I know my lizard brain needs all the help it can get keeping stuff straight.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Figure this would be the best section to get directions regarding e-juice mixtures.

So here's the story. I bought 100mLs of e-juice with the incorrect ratio of 70PG/30VG, when I really meant to get 70VG/30PG. How many mLs of 100VG do I need to add to achieve my desired ratio? Am I wrong to assume that adding 100mL of 100VG will leave me with 200mL of 65VG/35PG? Does anyone have a formula or calculator for this math problem? Lol.

Thanks fellers.

I assume it's a pre-made juice with flavors and not just a base.
If this is true you will dilute the flavoring quite a bit, and the NIC, if any is present.

Download e-juicemeup and use it to help with the math.
http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

I'd recommend only making up 15-30ml at first, to be sure it's OK for you at that ratio.
And see if the flavor is still good, etc.
Changing it to 50/50 may be less drastic tho.

cdcee

Member For 4 Years
I assume it's a pre-made juice with flavors and not just a base.
If this is true you will dilute the flavoring quite a bit, and the NIC, if any is present.

Download e-juicemeup and use it to help with the math.
http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

I'd recommend only making up 15-30ml at first, to be sure it's OK for you at that ratio.
And see if the flavor is still good, etc.
Changing it to 50/50 may be less drastic tho.
Yes, it's juice I already bought and I plan to buy the same exact juice and nic concentration but 100%VG.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, it's juice I already bought and I plan to buy the same exact juice and nic concentration but 100%VG.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Oh, you got it covered already, great thinking.

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
D'oh! I assumed it was base only since it was in the DIY forum.

VU Sponsors