Become a Patron!

Help With Cube II Mod

Hey guys. My sister's boyfriend gave me his cube ii and it worked perfectly until I started messing with the settings, set it to temperature mode, and fried the coil and wick. I took out the coil head and the wick and coil were burnt and the coil snapped easily. What would I have to buy to get it back into working condition? I already bought Japanese organic cotton and 34 awg kanthal a1 that I could twist together to make a coil. Also how would I go about cleaning the atomizer? I don't really know what kind/how to rebuild the coil head. I've seen tutorials but id get ohm too high so yeah. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20170410_122931.jpg
    20170410_122931.jpg
    632.6 KB · Views: 12

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
34 is thin you can fry just about any coil fast with watts above 20 on 34 awg wire. Technically you have what you need to get up and running again. wrap your coil to spec wick and prime. Cleaning couldbe just wiping down deck with q-tip and paper towel maybe dump tank. Kanthal doesn't increase in resistance like tc wire does so mod kept dumping power til coil popped. From sound of things you may need more in depth instructions for your building since you are new. YouTube likely has many build tutorial for your particular build. Finally one last bit, your mod, the smok x cube 2 isn't what you need to look up for building but the tank is. Still look up both so you better understand both

bfrisky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It looks like and aspire Atlantis. I have the cleito RTA and I use 26 or 24 single wire dual coil. Works like a charm.

Wow thank you so much. I was able to find this: http://blog.aspirecig.com/how-to-rebuild-aspire-atlantis-horizontal-coil/

Now I just need to wait for the rainbow juice to come in and I'm all set. How many threads of 34 awg kanthal should I twist together to make it about the same as a 26-28 awg wire, or how many should I twist together to make it good at all? Also, since I don't have an ohm meter, could I just put it on my cube ii mod and have that tell me the resistance?

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You can use the Cube 2 as a ohm meter. Turn the watts allllllllllllllll the way down to prevent any fudging. i am not familiar with building on your particular tank so not sure if it is dual coil or single coil and how big the coils diameter can be :D I know if it were me i would shoot for same resistance as 26 you can do the math and get them close

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
But that would be if the wires were essentially straight. Depending on how tightly twisted they were would change the resistance so you could use fewer wires to achieve the same thing.

Ahh okay I'll see what I can do. Rn I'm just completely cleaning out the tank since it's basically empty anyway. There's a cloth thing in the coil head that's kinda burnt/dirty. Is there anything that I could replace it with?

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ahh okay I'll see what I can do. Rn I'm just completely cleaning out the tank since it's basically empty anyway. There's a cloth thing in the coil head that's kinda burnt/dirty. Is there anything that I could replace it with?
Cloth thing lol, is likely cotton. I do not know about your particular atty or build options on it i would spend some time watching Youtube build videos from lots of sources get comfy so when it comes time you are more than well versed in the ins and outs of your atty

bfrisky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is this
If the one you have is even rebuildable. If this is the one you have then it is only a single coil.

Sorry for the late response. Didn't get any email notification for some reason but I got it working with a horizontal coil. Yeah my atomizer is an aspire Atlantis mega. Thanks for all of your replies!

VU Sponsors