Become a Patron!

Help with G-Prive 2

Hello,

I’m a noob in the world of vaping and I just bought a Smok G-Prive 2 with a coil X baby Q2 0.4 ohm it says it’s best between 50-60 wattage so I set the wattage on 55 and start vaping a few puffs 5 to 4 and the battery become half!! It’s a new battery AWT 3.7V 18650.. the head of the g prive became hot and the air that comes out too hot for me to smoke it!!

Guys I don’t know what did I do I’m a noob what did I do wrong?

now I’ve set the wattage on 40 is it ok?

Please help the noob brother ☹️

Attachments

• 84246DA1-D21A-43BE-BCF6-30BBDB9DD442.jpeg
    84246DA1-D21A-43BE-BCF6-30BBDB9DD442.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 62D6EEBC-8EA8-47B7-8E75-DE09AD07647F.jpeg
    62D6EEBC-8EA8-47B7-8E75-DE09AD07647F.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 6

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hi and welcome :)

btw, it's vapor, not smoke.

With all the great batteries available, I wouldn't buy AWT since it's not anywhere near the best. And having one of the best is very important. Don't know exactly which AWT you have because they have more than one 3.7v 18650, but it doesn't matter imo because I wouldn't use any of them. Don't trust the info that's on the battery.

Before using the mod any further, tell us ALL the info on the batteries.

Start with getting a couple Sony VCT5A, VCT6, or Samsung 30Q and try those.

As far as wattage with those coils, make sure you've primed correctly, give it a couple pulls at about 15w then up the wattage a little at a time till you get the vape you want. But we need to make sure those AWT batteries are safe enough to do that and you should get those better, safer, more reliable batteries first.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The thing with batteries for vaping is this:
There are only a few companies that actually make the batteries. Those few companies sell the cream of the crop from their manufacturing. All other companies buy the lessor quality from them and wrap them as their own brand. When they "re wrap" them, they put info that can be incorrect on the wrapper, falsely stating the batteries capabilities and sometimes creating an unsafe situation. AWT is one of those that rewraps.

Hi and welcome :)

btw, it's vapor, not smoke.

With all the great batteries available, I wouldn't buy AWT since it's not anywhere near the best. And having one of the best is very important. Don't know exactly which AWT you have because they have more than one 3.7v 18650, but it doesn't matter imo because I wouldn't use any of them. Don't trust the info that's on the battery.

Before using the mod any further, tell us ALL the info on the batteries.

Start with getting a couple Sony VCT5A, VCT6, or Samsung 30Q and try those.

As far as wattage with those coils, make sure you've primed correctly, give it a couple pulls at about 15w then up the wattage a little at a time till you get the vape you want. But we need to make sure those AWT batteries are safe enough to do that and you should get those better, safer, more reliable batteries first.

Thank you so much for the fast reply, sorry “Vapor” lol silly me. The battery Actually IMR 18650, 3.7V, 3000MAH 40A. I don’t know if I got the all information about the battery but that’s what’s written on the side.

The thing with batteries for vaping is this:
There are only a few companies that actually make the batteries. Those few companies sell the cream of the crop from their manufacturing. All other companies buy the lessor quality from them and wrap them as their own brand. When they "re wrap" them, they put info that can be incorrect on the wrapper, falsely stating the batteries capabilities and sometimes creating an unsafe situation. AWT is one of those that rewraps.

So their quality is lower than the low itself. They cheat people like me who don’t know anything about batteries. Thank you for warning me about them. I thought this company like the top of business I never thought of LG or Sony.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Battery Mooch does testing of batteries for the vaping community. I always use his ratings, conclusions for batteries.
His first statement here says AWT may be changing their so called 40A battery to a 3 leg which may actually be a Samsung 30Q but doesn't know that for sure. The legs of the battery will be what connects the top cap to the rest of the battery so you can count those.
The 40A AWT 18650 is rated at about 20A and you can read that here:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...nly-a-20a-battery-damaged-at-over-30a.717124/

Which means you are within the safe range for that mod, that coil. Still get those better batteries tho. IMR Batteries and Lion Wholesale are good to buy from and much better pricing than local shops.

Yeah, batteries we use can often be called what they aren't. LG is good for your setup as well, LG HG2.

Always include model of battery, since there will be more than 1.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
As far as your battery becoming half after just a little use, are you sure they were both charged fully?
Have they both been used in that mod since new?
For a dual battery mod, you want to keep the batteries "married". Always use the same pair and charge them as a pair. Otherwise they can get discombobulated from each othero_O

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
So their quality is lower than the low itself.
Not lower than low, @20A they are fine for your setup, but now you know what they really are and know how to make an informed decision for batteries.
Buy "head of g priv became hot" you meant the tank or mod?

Not lower than low, @20A they are fine for your setup, but now you know what they really are and know how to make an informed decision for batteries.
Buy "head of g priv became hot" you meant the tank or mod?
Oh I meant the tank when I set it on 55 wattage that made me lower the wattage to 40.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Should be good to go at 40? smok overrates the wattage on their coils. Rather than upping the wattage closer to the rating, change to higher wattage coil.

As far as your battery becoming half after just a little use, are you sure they were both charged fully?
Have they both been used in that mod since new?
For a dual battery mod, you want to keep the batteries "married". Always use the same pair and charge them as a pair. Otherwise they can get discombobulated from each othero_O

When I first turned the mod on it was fully charged but after 5 to 6 puffs on 55 wattage it became half battery that made me surprised I told myself maybe I did something wrong, and I didn’t do anything with the rest of the setting I only changed the wattage.

Should be good to go at 40? smok overrates the wattage on their coils. Rather than upping the wattage closer to the rating, change to higher wattage coil.

I set it on 40 wattage only because they’ve written on the coil 40-70. So for now should I lower the wattage on this 0.4 ohm?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
When I first turned the mod on it was fully charged but after 5 to 6 puffs on 55 wattage it became half battery that made me surprised I told myself maybe I did something wrong, and I didn’t do anything with the rest of the setting I only changed the wattage.
If the batteries were new, they don't come fully charged, so that could be the reason for partial charge after a few hits.
I set it on 40 wattage only because they’ve written on the coil 40-70. So for now should I lower the wattage on this 0.4 ohm?
If the vape @ 40w is what you want, can't really say why the tank is too hot. It can get pretty warm. You could try M2 .25 that uses less wattage.

VU Sponsors