Become a Patron!

Help with getting pulse dual back to wattage mode.

chehn

Member For 1 Year
Hello sir or ma'am,
I bought this mod and it came yesterday and I love it, I actually think I like it more than my g-class. Oh, too by the way, if this is the wrong forum to post this thread, please let me know, I figured I'd find more people that have already bought these vandy vape pulse duals than the builders corner. It vaped like a dream until I must have accidentally clicked some wrong buttons, and am in a mode thats not just wattage like I like and am used to. Ive read the manual, I've clicked the fire button three times and it gets me nowhere with this device. Four clicks is power as You all probably know, and then I can get into a menu through holding down the up and down buttons at the same time, but I cannot figure out how to get it just back to its original mode like how it was out of the box. So frustrating. Then whatever mode this thing is in now (as I don't know) is saying ohms too low when I try to fire it. I am getting so irritated with this thing I feel like throwing it at the garage wall as hard as I can. Is there anyone out there with one of these than can kind of tower to untrained pilot me to the runway on this one? Thank you all very much for your help in advance, as I don't post here often, when I do, usually my thread gets filled with awesome constructive answers.

Thank you all very much, once again!

Respectfully,
Curtis H.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
ohms too low when I try to fire it.

Hey Curtis - I do not own a Pulse, but the "ohms too low" message could be a clue

Before going any further, double check your coil connections on the attie and see what it reads on a different regulated device, even if it isn't a squonker

Someone else with a Pulse should come along soon with better knowledge on how the device works

A photo of the screen would also be helpful in diagnosing your problem :)

chehn

Member For 1 Year
Thank you very much for your prompt reply! I actually don't have the rda that the kit comes with, as I had an additional rebel rda that needed a good home. Took me a bit to get that switched out into sqonk mode, but I felt proud I was able to do it. I guess this has a very similar chipset as the pulse 80, and I know I don;t know this, but I would not be surprised one bit if the 80 and this new 220 work the same userface. Thank you for sharing atleast something. That means alot to me.

Curtis H.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thank you very much for your prompt reply! I actually don't have the rda that the kit comes with, as I had an additional rebel rda that needed a good home. Took me a bit to get that switched out into sqonk mode, but I felt proud I was able to do it. I guess this has a very similar chipset as the pulse 80, and I know I don;t know this, but I would not be surprised one bit if the 80 and this new 220 work the same userface. Thank you for sharing atleast something. That means alot to me.

Curtis H.

When you see the too low error, it can mean your coils are not secured tightly or maybe wire sticking to one of the posts out the back- it doesn't matter which atomizer it is

Put it on a different mod and see if it reads it correctly - the problem could be in the atomizer

chehn

Member For 1 Year
Here is the mode I seem to be stuck on, and the divicd is making me feel stupid like the first few days after first getting my g-class. Bought this one to bridge the gap while my g-class was in the shop getting fixed. Here is a photograph of the mode I am in. I didn't play with the different types of modes much with the sx-mini, so it's a hair more difficult for me to understand how to set it up in tcm, or any other nodes other than wattage, pretty much because it worked so well. This is the image I am stuck on with the vandy pulse dual. Thank you everyone!! - tried to post a photo of it and the site keeps saying it's unable to because it's too large. I cut my megapixels down to even 3 on there and it STILL stated it was too large for the server. I'm going to keep trying.

Last edited:

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It looks like you are in NI = Nickel mode. You need to get that back to P for power mode. I am assuming it would be P just like the Pulse X. My duel is coming tomorrow or sometime this week.

chehn

Member For 1 Year
When you see the too low error, it can mean your coils are not secured tightly or maybe wire sticking to one of the posts out the back- it doesn't matter which atomizer it is

Put it on a different mod and see if it reads it correctly - the problem could be in the atomizer
I'm not having issues with my rda, I'm having issues navigating this thing back to wattage mode. The mode it is in now is currently saying the ohm stuff, I've never had any ohm warnings when it was in wattage mode. Oh, and yes, definitely swapped them around and all of my rda's are working right now. Cool thing about that rebel rda is that they send you two different domes depending on what inlet you orefpr. 12$ base, and a new mouth peice and Bam, now you have TWO rebel rda's. I'm almost positive I'm not the only one to think if that and do it, but it was supprising when I opened the box and there was two dive bells in there. You are correct though, like when the TV isn't working you spend a ton of time trying to figure it out and all it was, was a loose cable or sonesomet. I totally understand your troubleshooting thought process, and would give the same advise if I didn't have one I used and was able to give very precise instructions. The most irritating part is in the owners nanman it says click four times to power on and off, and three clicks (both on the fire button) is supposed to bring you into a new interface, but mine is not going to any menu I can seem to figure out. Holding the up and down value buttons at the same time brings me to a different interface, but I just guess I can't figure it out (yet). I know if I play with this thing long enough I can get it there, but I don't want this to be a week long puzzle, I just wish I would have set it down when I was laying on the couch last night. I think I fell asleep and pressed buttons on there I wasn't realizing. Thank you to everyone.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your probably getting the errors due to it being in NI. Unless you are using Nickel coils. Press your fire button 3 times and the mode will start flashing, To scroll thru modes you use the up button. When you see P stop and hit fire button. I am assuming menu will be close to the pulse x as I said before.

chehn

Member For 1 Year
It looks like you are in NI = Nickel mode. You need to get that back to P for power mode. I am assuming it would be P just like the Pulse X. My duel is coming tomorrow or sometime this week.
Thank you VERY much for your reply. I managed to get it to the p, like you suggested, but all of the values are at zero and it's still giving a "ohm's too low" warning when tried to fire. It appears to me that I am in a pre-set window, but all five of my pre-sets are all zero for all values because I never even set them, hadn't even gotten that far with it. I Vaped it on wattage for two days straight loving it, fell asleep on the xouco, and now it's like the DaVinci code has been dropped in my lap. Bummer too, because it's the only decent mod I have at the moment. I've got one other, but it has an internal battery, so it's super annoying having to give it up to charge the thing. It's a vaporfi vox to 80, and I swear 55 watts off that is MUCH different than 55 watts from a larger mid for some reason, even though it should be the same. I've found all of my rda's do that. Only one I haven't tested was the mtl 1928.

Attachments

• IMG_20190106_225354_1.jpg
    IMG_20190106_225354_1.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 16

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you VERY much for your reply. I managed to get it to the p, like you suggested, but all of the values are at zero and it's still giving a "ohm's too low" warning when tried to fire. It appears to me that I am in a pre-set window, but all five of my pre-sets are all zero for all values because I never even set them, hadn't even gotten that far with it. I Vaped it on wattage for two days straight loving it, fell asleep on the xouco, and now it's like the DaVinci code has been dropped in my lap. Bummer too, because it's the only decent mod I have at the moment. I've got one other, but it has an internal battery, so it's super annoying having to give it up to charge the thing. It's a vaporfi vox to 80, and I swear 55 watts off that is MUCH different than 55 watts from a larger mid for some reason, even though it should be the same. I've found all of my rda's do that. Only one I haven't tested was the mtl 1928.
Doesn't look like it is reading your RDA you have on it, is there a way to reset it. I am sure you tried turning it off and back on. You also can try and screw the squonk pin out a bit. As long as it is reading 0.00 as OHM you will receive that error.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If this is right you could maybe try to restore factory settings then start from there?

upload_2019-1-6_23-16-33.png

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Does the RDA that doesn't work on the pulse dual work on the vaporfi vox?

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the Pulse Dual, P is your programmable seeing. W will be your wattage seeing. Also, this mod allows you to disable and enable modes your want to use or NOT use. You need to get back into themenu and make sure the hash mark next to wattage is illuminated. If it is not, then it is disabled and you won't be able to use it until you enable it again. I hope this helps. I don't own one yet, but soon, so I have watched ALLOT of videos on it researching it.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
With the Pulse Dual, P is your programmable seeing. W will be your wattage seeing. Also, this mod allows you to disable and enable modes your want to use or NOT use. You need to get back into themenu and make sure the hash mark next to wattage is illuminated. If it is not, then it is disabled and you won't be able to use it until you enable it again. I hope this helps. I don't own one yet, but soon, so I have watched ALLOT of videos on it researching it.

Hey dude - haven't seen you around in ages!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey dude - haven't seen you around in ages!
I know Right. Life been keeping me running and finally got back all my info so I could hang out with you all. SO missed everyone. How have you been?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Tippy top! Glad to see you back :wave:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So glad to be back. Been educating co-workers and airmen at work with vape questions. Some of the guys I helped told their friends I was the guy to ask questions of and now there are a few more vapers around the base. Gotten quite popular there now. Feels great :)

chehn

Member For 1 Year
Yes juicylucy, the rda's, all of them I have had work on my crapo vox 80, its not the rda, I know for a fact its set up correctly, the three clicks is not getting it back to the original option interface. I'm probably just going to have to take it up with the retailer, then they will say contact vandy vape, then I get to do that whole jerk around I'm currently in the process with on the g-class I probably shouldn't have bought in the first place. Go figure, a 200$ mod breaks less than a month after buying it, and it hasn't left my desk since unpacking it. I probably just received a junk unit. I have crazy bad luck getting broken electronics straight from the store while everyone else's units are lasting for years. I do appreciate the replies. The three clicks don't take me to that interface, I think this unit is not right.

Last edited:

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Good info, I hope to have mine soon. However it was 4 hours away from me in Illinois and now it is in Indianapolis IN
Got to love FedEx.

chehn

Member For 1 Year
Oh, and also I don't want anyone to think I am ungrateful for your post trying to help, that seriously means alota to me, and I may have came off a hair course due to frustration, and I appologize. It's just that the manual says to click the darn thing three times to enter the interface where you choose like bypass/temp control/wattage mode, all of those type of features. I'm so used to using wattage mode it's made it to where I've never took the time to actually really learn and know how to set up like ramp up times, ohms, all that. I just went from using a borrowed sx-mini g-class, liked it, bought my own (yes, I realize now how dumb it was to buy a mod that had been out for over a year by then, and just used my g-class, until it recently broke, but was fortunately still under warranty. I just don't know how to handle this vandy vape. It's like going from Android to Apple or something. Partially at first I thought it was next, but I really don't know now after readigr the manual and it's not following along (the unit) like the paper says it should be. I don't know. I'm going to go mess with it again in a second.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, and also I don't want anyone to think I am ungrateful for your post trying to help, that seriously means alota to me, and I may have came off a hair course due to frustration, and I appologize. It's just that the manual says to click the darn thing three times to enter the interface where you choose like bypass/temp control/wattage mode, all of those type of features. I'm so used to using wattage mode it's made it to where I've never took the time to actually really learn and know how to set up like ramp up times, ohms, all that. I just went from using a borrowed sx-mini g-class, liked it, bought my own (yes, I realize now how dumb it was to buy a mod that had been out for over a year by then, and just used my g-class, until it recently broke, but was fortunately still under warranty. I just don't know how to handle this vandy vape. It's like going from Android to Apple or something. Partially at first I thought it was next, but I really don't know now after readigr the manual and it's not following along (the unit) like the paper says it should be. I don't know. I'm going to go mess with it again in a second.
We all get frustrated at times. Just take it slow and take your time. If you have a B&M or the store you bought it at, take it in. Hopefully they are decent and will help you. Keep asking questions, plenty of people here will help you. We all have been there. Good luck.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We all get frustrated at times. Just take it slow and take your time. If you have a B&M or the store you bought it at, take it in. Hopefully they are decent and will help you. Keep asking questions, plenty of people here will help you. We all have been there. Good luck.
I follow TonyB and really like him as a reviewer. I almost was going to get the Rage from OhmboyOC but it doesn't come with a dripper and the Pulse really looks like a winner. Just have to wait on income tax time. Can't afford it till then sadly

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I follow TonyB and really like him as a reviewer. I almost was going to get the Rage from OhmboyOC but it doesn't come with a dripper and the Pulse really looks like a winner. Just have to wait on income tax time. Can't afford it till then sadly

I found a crazy sale on around Christmas time and got it for just under $50 shipped. I wanted the topside or still do but have plenty of single battery squonks. Probably be my last one I buy for a while I like a few but am at a place I want to start saving for a few high end mods.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried going on the Tony B Project FB group? Tony is active and answers a lot of questions plus there are many others very knowledgeable about the Pulse series of products. They may be able to help you out.

I know many times I thought I was doing something the correct way but was missing something small. It happens to us all. Good luck.,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/661216014089042/

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a crazy sale on around Christmas time and got it for just under $50 shipped. I wanted the topside or still do but have plenty of single battery squonks. Probably be my last one I buy for a while I like a few but am at a place I want to start saving for a few high end mods.
The Dual battery Topside is either coming out soon or just did. I'm not sure which. The Dual looks pretty nice and I doubt it will cost much more than the original. I saw it on the TVC YT channel. He explains the changes made to the Dual overthe original, concepts he considered for it as well as changes to the original in upgrades and some possible future projects he is considering.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I saw that, I will probably get the duel when I buy one. Not sure if they are in stock anywhere yet, I saw a few pre orders and they were priced right around the single topside.
@chehn the last picture you shared with us. I was just watching some video on the mod and you are in a pre set mode. That is why you have that D 1 on the screen. On that note I am off to bed, 4 comes early. LOL

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

If you go to youtube and search for "vandy vape pulse dual tutorial" there is a good chance that you'll find a video where a reviewer explains the menu.

:facepalm:

Here, start at 13:50 and Vic explains the entire menu.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't put it on a mech

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I agree. The display seemed to read his resistance at either 0.00 or 0.05, depending on which one is supposed to use to see that. Either one on a mech isn't a healthy idea.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just take it slow and take your time.

Keep asking questions, plenty of people here will help you. We all have been there.

Have you tried going on the Tony B Project FB group? Tony is active and answers a lot of questions plus there are many others very knowledgeable about the Pulse series of products. They may be able to help you out.
I know many times I thought I was doing something the correct way but was missing something small. It happens to us all. Good luck.,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/661216014089042/

If you go to youtube and search for "vandy vape pulse dual tutorial" there is a good chance that you'll find a video where a reviewer explains the menu.

Wow! We got a raging fountain of good advice going on.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! We got a raging fountain of good advice going on.
I myself have been helped TONS from people with this forum. Everything from advice to juice making. I learned SO much how to make juice from you all. Even got my first squonk piffed to me. I owe so much to do many here. Least I can do is share what I know and learned here as well.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I myself have been helped TONS from people with this forum. Everything from advice to juice making. I learned SO much how to make juice from you all. Even got my first squonk piffed to me. I owe so much to do many here. Least I can do is share what I know and learned here as well.

Isn't the main point of this forum? I mean I've been helped out by so many here might as well try to pass on some of what I've learned.

I hear you, I too have had help a plenty and i too help when and where I can. :) It's just nice having a place where people can be human. :bliss::yes:

tac_driver

Member For 4 Years
Try holding down the up and down buttons at the same time then use the up and down buttons to select the back symbol then hit the fire button

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You click the fire button three times and use the up and down buttons to switch modes if this guy didn't get this resolved already.

VU Sponsors