Help! With joyetech egrip o led

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's supposed to be 5 clicks - same as to lock it. If it's anything like the V1 version, how fast or slow you do it seems to make a difference on how it recognizes it. I just keep clicking until the light blinks.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yes, and I've found that if I use the top of the fire button it's more responsive.

It has an led screen I'm not sure if urs does but I had to wait like 15 mins it unlocked.... I was also wondering if anyone has had there box get hot mine doesn't but my husbands does is there a problem or is that norm I've had my old egos get hot... Then they died shortly after

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The difference between V1 and the V2 OLED is mainly the screen and minimum resistance (and the ability to kick it up to 30 watts by clicking 30 times when turning it back on) 1.2 ohms on the V1 and .4 ohms on the V2. On the V1 the light blinks to indicate on and off and on V2 the screen simply lights up or goes off (a little googling reveals). As far as hot goes it would really depend on how hard you're running it. Even though it will fire down to .4 I would think that it's going to run hotter the lower your resistance. Are you using the rba or the stock coils? The only time my old V1 has run hot is when I wrapped a coil that came in at 1.1 ohms. It fired it but it ran pretty warm. No heat issues at 1.2 ohms.

Yes you are right he runs his Alot higher than mine I'm wondering do you have the rba? We used to rebuild our coils so we ordered the rba hope to be able to rebuild those how ever I still have the locking problem it locks for no good reason and I can't unlock it very frustrating

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought the rba when I bought the unit. I much prefer it. You shouldn't be having heat issues with the stock coils. It's possible to push them too hard with some juices and get a burnt taste but at 1.5 ohms the unit itself shouldn't be overheating unless you are really chain vaping it. The only user manual I've seen is for the V1 not specifically for the V2 OLED. Perhaps the one that came with it is V2 OLED specific. It's possible I suppose that it won't let you unlock it until it cools to whatever temperature. I don't know if the chip displays a temp error or just goes into lock mode and won't let you unlock till it cools. When it is working (before it puts itself into lock mode) can you 5 click it (or however many it takes) off and on? If not the unit may be defective.

Last edited:
Thank you so much you're very knowledgeable the guide was pretty useless since I've turned it down it hasn't locked IL have to wait for my rba to put it as high as I like it I burn through the factory coils in about 3 days some people say they last 3 weeks I don't see that Anyways thanks for you're help

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You'll like the RBA. More taste and vapor. Also more air flow which might help any heat issues.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yah I ordered one I can't Wait! Are the coils easy to rebuild? What gauge wire do u use and is it 10 wraps?
28 Gauge, 7-10 wraps. The coils are a bit of a pita to get into the small deck.

I really like my joyetech egrip works great but it locked how do I unlock ito_O

So I know this is over a year old, but I just had the same issue and was trying to resolve it. Nobody seems to have the answer. But I figured it out in a fit of frustration so maybe the next time someone Googles the issue, they'll stumble across my answer here.

It's not the firing lock. The device still fires. It's the key lock for the up/down menu keys so you can't adjust the wattage or anything.

The truck is the "center" button that you don't even know is there. So the up/down button is a single button with two ends that you use to cycle through menu options.

To turn the actual key lock off, press and hold IN BETWEEN the two butons, right in the center of the joint up/down button. It turns the lock on and off.

VU Sponsors