Become a Patron!

Help with Maduro cigar and brandy flavor

Ozzietx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I want to develop a cigar with brandy flavor.

I used to smoke a pipe, or cigar and drink cognac. Today I do neither. I quit drinking 18 years ago, and smoking
about 9 months ago. I have a made a few flavors with whiskey, and brandy, and I like the exhale flavor of those.

I am looking for a starting point for a dark full flavor tobacco like a double maduro cigar with a brandy finish.

I have a lot of tobacco, and liquor flavors, and am looking for a good starting point.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Start with FA Cuban Supreme, for a spicy smoky flavor add FA Perique Black (the Maduro taste), Add some FA Burley to round the taste out and a tiny big of dark Vapure to blend it all.

FA Brandy would be a good starting point for the Cognac/Brandy flavor. I'd get the Maduro flavor down first, then work on adding the Cognac Flavor.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am looking for a starting point for a dark full flavor tobacco like a double maduro cigar with a brandy finish.
"brandy finish" ?
Please elaborate. I can think of cigar & brandy juice recipes, but none where the cigar is not in the finish too.

:anyone:

Ron
---
"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple."-Jack Kerouac

Ozzietx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ronjs,

What I mean by a brandy finish, is on the exhale I can really get a bit of an alcohol/brandy flavor on the few recipes that I have tried.
I do also expect to get a cigar flavor as well. In my mind (that can be a scary place), I am looking for the experience of smoking a
good dark cigar and drinking some Remy XO.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ronjs,

What I mean by a brandy finish, is on the exhale I can really get a bit of an alcohol/brandy flavor on the few recipes that I have tried.
I do also expect to get a cigar flavor as well. In my mind (that can be a scary place), I am looking for the experience of smoking a
good dark cigar and drinking some Remy XO.

Thanks! Gotcha.

Seems you already have the brandy finish part squared away and would like a nice Dark double maduro cigar recipe.

The best tobacco vapes include NET flavoring. I would get the actual double maduro cigar and make a cold maceration NET. Your base (PG/VG/Nic.) plus the net and your alcohol/brandy flavor should get you what you desire.

If the Net doesn't provide the pop desired, small (1-2%) additions of INW Dark Tobacco, INW DNB (for ash), and .5-1% SC Cohiba may be in order. If I did not want to make a NET (or find an acceptable commercial one), I would substitute 4% INW Wera Garden Tobacco Absolute Cuban Cigar as well as all the aforementioned additions

Ron
---
"There is nothing impossible to him who will try."- Alexander the Great

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think the maduro flavor will be hard. I to used to smoke cigars, I actually still have a fully stocked humidor. My preference was always maduro cause it was full flavor yet very smooth with no spicy notes like say a standard cohiba. The longer the tobacco leaf is aged/fermented the darker and smoother it gets. Almost all tobacco/cigar vapes I've tried have a slight spice, dark vapor was super spicy even at low %s. I'm really curious as to how this will go cause if you get a maduro flavor close I'll actually be excited to try a tobacco vape again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the maduro flavor will be hard. I to used to smoke cigars, I actually still have a fully stocked humidor. My preference was always maduro cause it was full flavor yet very smooth with no spicy notes like say a standard cohiba. The longer the tobacco leaf is aged/fermented the darker and smoother it gets. Almost all tobacco/cigar vapes I've tried have a slight spice, dark vapor was super spicy even at low %s. I'm really curious as to how this will go cause if you get a maduro flavor close I'll actually be excited to try a tobacco vape again.

I LH cigars for over ten years. Most of the time the flavor I want from a cigar juice is simply cigar. No spice, caramel or other additives. Its easy to make a simple net and it gives me what I desire.

Ron

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmmmmm I can say I never thought about making a net from one of my cigars. Looks like I'm chopping up one of my favorite stogies today lol

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmmmm I can say I never thought about making a net from one of my cigars. Looks like I'm chopping up one of my favorite stogies today lol

While I certainly don't desire you return to any bad habits......:eek:
Often I enjoy the flavor of a NET made with a partially smoked cigar. (Trimmed appropriately at both ends)

Ron

Ozzietx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had not seen NET before, but after some study, I may go that route. Thanks for the heads up.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had not seen NET before, but after some study, I may go that route. Thanks for the heads up.
No artifical flavoruing comes close to a real NET juice...they just don't compare...their only down side is that NET juices gunk up builds in a flash...blacknote has a reputation for being the cleanest NET but supposedly with a mild flavor.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I combined FA Cuban Supreme with Some Black n Mild and Perique, pretty decent vape. Not like an Arturo Fuente Maduro though...

VU Sponsors