Become a Patron!

Help with my first try of recipe

Nameste

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is my first try for creating a recipe. I like coffee cakes so I gave it a try. Mixed up at 30/70 pg/VG it is steeping now scared to try it out yet lol

%5 Yellow cake (FW)
%2 milk chocolate (TFA)
%0.50 Butter cream (Cap)
%1 Cinnamon sugar Cookie (TFA)
%1.5 Espresso (TPA)
%1 Dulce de Leche (TPA)
%0.50 super sweet

How does it look? Any suggestion?

Last edited:

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I'm not really a cake guy, I'm slowly trying new things, but it looks good. Lot of stuff going on there, but that can turn out wonderful. Only thing I got to say; if, after a few days steep, it seems like the flavors are fighting each other, try adding .5-1% FA fresh cream to try and make them get along. Be sure to let us know how it tastes when you get around to trying it.

Nameste

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not really a cake guy, I'm slowly trying new things, but it looks good. Lot of stuff going on there, but that can turn out wonderful. Only thing I got to say; if, after a few days steep, it seems like the flavors are fighting each other, try adding .5-1% FA fresh cream to try and make them get along. Be sure to let us know how it tastes when you get around to trying it.

Thank you for suggestion. I will definitely keep that in mind.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It does look good! I think you’re right about the espresso and ddl. They do tend to be a little on the strong side. I like coffee Vapes, so I run my coffees on the strong side, but if you’re just looking for an accent, drop them by a half percent to start.

Nameste

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It does look good! I think you’re right about the espresso and ddl. They do tend to be a little on the strong side. I like coffee Vapes, so I run my coffees on the strong side, but if you’re just looking for an accent, drop them by a half percent to start.

Thanks

I only made 10ml tester. I am making another one as your suggestion, cutting down Espresso and DDL

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks

I only made 10ml tester. I am making another one as your suggestion, cutting down Espresso and DDL
Let us know how it goes! I love coffee cake and would love to get a good recipe for one. I might just mix it up, with the changes and give it a shot!

Nameste

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While playing around with the flavors i mixed 3 x 10ml samples
New recipe idea

%2.5 Banana (FW)
%0.50 Brown sugar (TPA)
%1 coconut (LA)
%0.50 Shisha vanilla (Inawera)
%1 Fresh Cream (FA)
%1 toasted Marshmallow (TPA)

I have switched Banana with strawberry Ripe (TPA ) on second tester

And DragonFruit (TPA) on third tester

No idea how they will taste but hopefully something decent :)

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
While playing around with the flavors i mixed 3 x 10ml samples
New recipe idea

%2.5 Banana (FW)
%0.50 Brown sugar (TPA)
%1 coconut (LA)
%0.50 Shisha vanilla (Inawera)
%1 Fresh Cream (FA)
%1 toasted Marshmallow (TPA)

I have switched Banana with strawberry Ripe (TPA ) on second tester

And DragonFruit (TPA) on third tester

No idea how they will taste but hopefully something decent :)

They look fine, I'm sure the one with dragonfruit will be fine. Never tried brown sugar with dragonfruit before though, keep us posted.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
You kinda shooting yourself in the foot with the first recipe lol. Dulce De leche is a cream yeah, but has caramel notes that at lower percentage can not be noticeable, however its very strong, some people underestimate the beauty and magic of that flavor. Cinnamon and espresso aren't easy to work with ingredients especially the TPA espresso. Its extreme dark kinda burned black Columbian coffee, it will need a decent cream to give it body and smoothen it out, dulce de leche won't do that for you or at least not at these percentages. As suggested try fresh cream next time or sweet cream, if you want to be fancy give a low percentage of tres de leche or Bavarian cream a shot. The coffee alone needs 7 days to steep, now add the time for the creams at these percentages and you're looking at around 9-14 days steep, by then the coffee will have calmed his ass down more or less :D

Chocolate, let's not even start with that lol. Difficult to work with.

2nd recipe, while dragon fruit with brown sugar might sound good, even marshmallow, again the percentages as well as ingredients are off. Toasted marshmallow is a very strong flavor in comparison to regular marshmallow, you will get this campfire vile from it, this sadly won't do great with the dragon fruit. I know everyone thinks DF is super strong and it is with other fruits, but in heavier recipes it will get lost if not supported by either a other fruit, or a booster like apple/cactus/black currant/saline/Stevia etc. The brown sugar is great, not so much in this recipe, its mostly used for bakeries so unless you were planning on baked dragon fruit, this might not turn into something you like ;) I sadly think that at the start its going to overpower the fruit, and after 4-6 days which the df and marshmallow needs just mutes the overall flavor.

But I might be wrong, let us know how it turns out, its fun to play with ingredients that are not as basic and commonly used together.

Nameste

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Day 5 first recipe ( called it jumpin coffee cake)

I am on to something tasty :)

Updated version

%5 Yellow cake (FW)
%2 milk chocolate (TFA)
%0.50 Butter cream (Cap)
%1 Espresso (TPA)
%0.75 Dulce de Leche (TPA)
%0.50 super sweet
%0.50 Fresh Cream (FA)

I think flavors are started to getting along.. And honestly I quite liked it!!!!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Day 5 first recipe ( called it jumpin coffee cake)

I am on to something tasty :)

Updated version

%5 Yellow cake (FW)
%2 milk chocolate (TFA)
%0.50 Butter cream (Cap)
%1 Espresso (TPA)
%0.75 Dulce de Leche (TPA)
%0.50 super sweet
%0.50 Fresh Cream (FA)

I think flavors are started to getting along.. And honestly I quite liked it!!!!
Yay! That’s all that matters!

It sounds yummy. I will definitely try this recipe. If you love cooking, you can try tasty and simple recipes from guide minceur. The guide minceur is available at Cellublue and you will find there many delicious and healthy recipes that are easy to cook. I usually refer the cooking manuals to cook healthy dishes.

VU Sponsors