Become a Patron!

HELP! With my phone!

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a galaxy s5. earlier today at work the screen was off the phone was hot and the blue notification light was barley lit. so I pulled the battery and everything was fine. I just got home after a 9 1/2ht shift plugged my phone in and my phone saying the charger is not compatible! I just tried multiple cables and wall wart plugs all giving me the same results. now this screen keeps popping up *see attached photo
.... wtf is going on?

help would be really appreciated!
2b3599a65ad6d7fcd441769dd1b98d1d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a galaxy s5. earlier today at work the screen was off the phone was hot and the blue notification light was barley lit. so I pulled the battery and everything was fine. I just got home after a 9 1/2ht shift plugged my phone in and my phone saying the charger is not compatible! I just tried multiple cables and wall wart plugs all giving me the same results. now this screen keeps popping up *see attached photo
.... wtf is going on?

Wow that's really weird, I have no clue I have never seen this issue before, maybe look up a Samsung forum or go to your Carrier web site and check under questions and answers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.... wtf is going on?

Check under settings and see if you have power sharing on of off feature.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the S7 Edge I will look and see if their is a feature .

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh. I didn't see your screen shot. Check you PM.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm no expert Cash, but that looks like Malware to me. Still, check your PM.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can find nothing about this....

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That's what I was thinking

My husband is a Computer Guy. I know enough that he needs to shut off the phone, and get a Malware program. I use Super Cleaner. It also has an Anti-Virus feature as well as Junk Files, CPU Cooler and Phone Boost. Try that. I hope your phone boots okay.

st1114g

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@CashNVape
Unless this is an actual setting that you can turn on/off, you probably downloaded something that is sitting in the background and torturing your phone. Your battery might be done too ..
You need to find a way to either actively charge while plugged in, or use another phone's charged battery - same model of course.

2 ways to go about it:

1) Online method -
Ok this pop up to get rid of it and get to your phone. Go to settings and make sure your contacts/calendar etc are synced with your Google account. Since you are a Samsung user you might not utilize Google Photos..But if not, download it and back up all your photos on there. Choose the free unlimited storage ( it backs up your images with up to 16megapixels resolution which is more than excellent.)
Once everything is done, go to settings and Factory Reset your phone. This will wipe everything off of it and bring you to out-of-the-box device. It will take longer or shorter time depending on how much memory it has to clear. Be patient.

2) Off-Line method- my preferred:
Ok the Pop-up to gain access to your phone's menu.
Turn off any data : Wifi and/or 4G
Get a memory card, large enough in storage, and use the file manager to transfer your files to it - photos, PDFs .. whatever you need.
Go on a PC or Mac, log into your Google account and verify your contacts/calendar etc are synced.
If they are not, you have to grant access Wifi and sync them. when done, Turn Wifi Off and take the memory card out.
Go to Settings and Factory Reset.

When the phone is done resetting, go through the Welcome screen and sing in.. all your info will load up once you login with your Google account. If you used Google Photos- just sign in, all your photos will show up. If you used an SD card, put it back in and restore your files.

It's a time consuming method, but you will end up with a more faster and cleaner system. You will love your phone again as if it was brand new.

!!!!!!!!!!Make sure that while going through the process, you have a good power supply- either battery charged or keep it plugged in. !!!!!!!!!!!

There are other ways with sideloading apps and getting you through but that might be more confusing to you depending on your comfort level with this type of stuff.
I am a loooong time Android user and a Google Guru lol I've been using Android since day One and have done everything there is - root- flash- you name it.. lol
I can definitely fix your phone for you, but I'm in NJ.. where are you?
You don't need to install a *Whatever Cleaner app...it will bring more malware to your phone since it's a malware on its own to function.
There is Only Two apps that I would recommend using in time of trouble- Kaspersky and Nod32 antivirus. Both come with trial period, so if you want, after resetting to Factory Settings, you can download one of them - Nod32 is the one I use ..on all of my devices.. and let it run and check for problems. But, there won't be any unless you have root access. If you don't, I wouldn't bother with that either.

Let me know if you need more

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
with the phone off I get the same thing it says to prevent phone damage charging has been disabled. I have two batteries one is brand new. I removed the new one tried the old one same results. I left the phone off and plugged in last night and it charged all the way to 100%. this morning it auto booted and started giving me charger errors again. it sounds like the phone needs to be replaced. I haven't really used my phone for much downloading in the last week. so it doesn't make sense that this would just start happening unless it's a internal hardware failure.

I'm going to sync everything than factory reset the phone. I'm also going to Verizon this morning. but due to my phone being older I'd rather buy the same model of eBay than get a new one because I use my IR blaster for all my devices.

st1114g

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try Back up and Factory Reset first. That should fix the problem if it's software related.. of it's the connectors, then that's not going to work. Let me know how it works out for you

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Try Back up and Factory Reset first. That should fix the problem if it's software related.. of it's the connectors, then that's not going to work. Let me know how it works out for you

I was thinking factory reset also. Sounds like you work or worked for a cellular carrier. Very good instructions!

st1114g

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking factory reset also. Sounds like you work or worked for a cellular carrier. Very good instructions!
Neither.. never worked in that branch of jobs..though, it's funny how when I go to a provider and seem to know more that their sales people lol
I'm an X-ray tech actually but Windows and Android are my beloved hobby for many, many years.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Neither.. never worked in that branch of jobs..though, it's funny how when I go to a provider and seem to know more that their sales people lol
I'm an X-ray tech actually but Windows and Android are my beloved hobby for many, many years.

And you have done quite well in educating yourself. Impressive!

VU Sponsors