Become a Patron!

Help with nicotine in e juice compared to cigarettes

supersonictt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all,

I quit smoking about 25 days ago and I am going well with vaping.
I used to smoke Dunhill Switch (the black and green pack). Now my questions are:
1. The Dunhill Switch has 0.6mg of nicotine. Does this mean that every cigarette containd 0.6mg nicotine?
2. If anyone ever smoked this Dunhill Switch (picture of the pack is attached), does anyone know an e juice that tastes the same, or almost the same?

Thank you.

Attachments

• dunhill_switch_black_2.jpg
    dunhill_switch_black_2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 6

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello all,

I quit smoking about 25 days ago and I am going well with vaping.
I used to smoke Dunhill Switch (the black and green pack). Now my questions are:
1. The Dunhill Switch has 0.6mg of nicotine. Does this mean that every cigarette containd 0.6mg nicotine?
2. If anyone ever smoked this Dunhill Switch (picture of the pack is attached), does anyone know an e juice that tastes the same, or almost the same?

Thank you.

It doesn't "mean" anything except that every ml of that ejuice contains 6mg of nicotine. There's not really much correspondence between cigarettes and ejuice; only rough estimates can be made, due to the extreme difference in how and how fast the body absorbs the nicotine in vapor vs smoke, plus all the different technology available to vape it, and different styles of vaping;

The best estimates I've seen are:

strong cigarettes, and/or more than a pack a day start at 18-36mg of nicotine;
medium strength cigarettes, 15-25 cigs a day, start around 6-18mg;
light or ultra light, 5-20 cigs a day, 3-12 mg.

Those are estimates for starting out; they differ so widely BECAUSE of the differing technologies and styles of vaping -- only you can say what is the right strength for you -- if it doesn't make you nauseous, stomach-ached, jittery, ears ringing, nervous... then it's probably a good strength for you.

Andria

VU Sponsors